Other Topics > Entertainment - Movies / TV / Books

Jesus Christ Superstar

(1/1)

PIBby:
Tell us that You're Who they say You are.

Ohhh! I love it! This is, like, the ULTIMATE hippie movie. I swear: Become a toker, put on My Morning Jacket's "The Tennessee Fire," and start watching BAM! Jesus Christ Superstar, you ARE a definite hippie.

I love it! L-O-V-E This is not just the ultimate HIPPIE movie, it's the ultimate Religious musical based on the last 3 days (Oh, and one scene with Palm Sunday but that doesn't count) of Jesus' life. (Not to mention the best musical: Up there with West Side Story, Grease, Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella ((the good original, not the one with Brandy)), Hair, and Sound of Music.)

Oh, and Mary Magdalene. :( So sad. "I Don't Know How to Love Him," come ON people! Watch! Now! Soooo watch the ORIGINAL (movie) WITH TED NEELEY. And get the soundtrack!

I'm digging this.

PS. I normally only watch up until after the part with the lepors (sp? yeah). It's much too sad.

PPS. MYYYYYYYYY TEMPLE SHOULD BE A HOUSE OF PRAYYYYERRRRR.

PintOGuinness:
ab-so-frickin'-loutely...

murray head as the original Judas was incredible...

I met Ted Neely after a show when he was on tour a couple years ago.   He's exactly like you would expect a guy playing Christ to be.  It was kinda funny... he would just hug people and talk to them and had just a mellow calming voice.  Now of course.. int he same show I saw Dennis DeYoung of STYX play Pontious Pilate and that rocked!!!

Judas or Christ was a role I always dreamed of playing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version