Author Topic: VC Song Interpretations  (Read 19916 times)

Darkcarnival

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Meaning behind Lyrics
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2005, 05:29:36 pm »
I was wondering what you guys think of the song "Dark Carnival"? What do you thinks she is trying to say? Maybe she feels good about someone feeling bad about hurting her?"Birdie"confuses me too!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2005, 07:17:08 pm »
Check here:
http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=3918&start=60

I think they talk about Dark Carnival in that thread.

VanessaPiana

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2005, 04:45:11 pm »
i don't know, but i think that 'The Wreckage' talks about a car accident. Van's vocals sounded great up there, even with just her and the piano.

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2005, 11:48:25 pm »
hm.. this is what i think of put your hands on me...

"first saw you at the video exchange" remember a while ago when V did that E3 video game expo thing and sung a new version of dark carnival? i think shes referring to that.. and that is where she first met whoever the song is about

"i know my heart and it will never change" before she started dating stephan she was saying she didnt want to date people in "the business" cos they dont play by the rules.

"this temp work will be alright if you call me" im sure that re-doing a really old song of hers for a video game must not have been where vanessa wanted to be in her carrer, so she may be referring to that temp work and how it wouldnt be so bad if she spent time with whoever it was about

"we cross the deepest oceans, ____ across the sea, and if you dont believe me just put your hands on me, and all the constelations, shine down on you and me.." i think the rest of the song after the chorus sounds like shes describing what its like being with that person, and how touching eachother.. being close , brings her mind on a journey.. like she can do anything, shes invincible, climbing tibetan mountains, shes in paradise-type thing.

and thats my 2 cents. =)
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

cwfultz

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ismellswisscheez
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cwfultz
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2005, 07:41:31 am »
I think that A Thousand Miles is about her wanting drugs really bad but her dealer is out of town and she's saying she would walk A Thousand Miles to see him or her.

Twilight could be about an acid trip. "Peel away and choose to see with such a different sight."

Man, I need help.

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2005, 09:50:09 am »
why would she want to hold a drug dealer? i guess it could be the drugs themselves....that is a dubious interpretation. :razz:

Lucy

• View Profile
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2005, 11:21:26 am »
Quote from: "cwfultz"
I think that A Thousand Miles is about her wanting drugs really bad but her dealer is out of town and she's saying she would walk A Thousand Miles to see him or her.

Twilight could be about an acid trip. "Peel away and choose to see with such a different sight."

Man, I need help.

You're right there! That's just twisted! :razz:

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: swindler and carnival
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2005, 11:53:12 am »
Quote from: "magichat101"
i think swindler is about a guy that came on the vanessa and wanted to have a sexual relationship but was already married and she also knew the guy well like he was her friend for a couple of year.  and the guy only was talking to her for sex

"hey mister married man I know you"ll come again till you find just what your looking for"
"and now I understand just how you work your plan first your warm and then you just burn"

i think carnival is when vanessa is telling a guy how she feels about their relationship that was once there but then they broke up and she wanted him back!

this is just my opinion!  what are your opinions on swindler and carnvial

its not mr. MARRIED man its mr. MERRY man
according to the lyrics section on this site

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2005, 08:17:54 pm »
Annie does so die!!

If you don't think so you're in denial :-P

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2005, 05:28:51 pm »
What?

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2006, 09:20:03 pm »
Dark Carnival is a tricky one to interpret. This may not be Vanessa's meaning when she wrote it, but I personally think that in the song, V is singing about a guy she likes, who is in love (or lust) with another girl. This girl is really bad for him, like a vampire  :twisted: (metaphorically speaking), she has a hold of him ("...bringing you to your knees", "she wants wht is hers before the light"). This is hurting the narrator (V or whoever's perspective she is singing from), as shown in the lyrics: "Bring me a remedy".
"Should never have looked so close... I can see all your cracks"- she really thought she could love this person, but now she has seen his weakness, his fatal flaw, and regrets having ever have seen it...

Does anyone agree?   :?:
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Star7

• View Profile
    • Email
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2006, 10:18:08 am »
I agree because that is along the lines of what I was thinking when I heard it

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2006, 02:35:30 pm »
I like to think in my head that she's murdering the guy, but I like that interpretation too.

VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2006, 10:59:01 am »
I still think that Private Radio is about masturbation.  She has insomnia because she misses her man and...

If you make the music terms metaphors for sex (something Vanessa has done in the past) then it makes sense.

And, no I am not some crazy pervert. :lol:   This was just my first interpretation of the song, and the lyrics seem to go along with this idea very well.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
VC Song Interpretations
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2006, 07:36:21 pm »
I guess it could be interpreted that way...

I just thought it was about how some people are at their most creative at night, with so many ideas running through their heads, etc.

But I'm not saying you're wrong or anything.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON