Author Topic: Delta Goodrem  (Read 400628 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2003, 12:47:24 pm »
:'( thats terrible.... *prayin for her*
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

LimeTwister

Delta Goodrem
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2003, 12:55:54 pm »
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
Quote from: "divasteph"
unfortantely there is no cure for cancer - but help fund cancer research and one day there may be... it is humanity that people get sick and eventually die - its nature's population control - but we must try to help the ones we love - so dont just think of delta at this time but of everyone suffering - it has been a huge part of my life the past year - help out in yuor community - with fundrasing, volunteer work, etc - devote your time to people that you can really make a difference - because chances are 2 ut of 5 of your closest friends or relatives will be ill with some form of cancer in their life - do what you can (this has been directed to all) - get off your lazy asses and make a difference (ATR needs to get back in gear - because we can do something special for other people)

yes... i agree Steph! ATR hasnt done anything in awhile and i think this would be a good cause... maybe we could at the NYC concert? i dont know... it may be short notice, but it's just an idea. i dont know what tho, i'm not good at planning things. i'd help in anyway i can! cancer has hit my life pretty bad... 3 of my grandparents have had it (2 passed away because of it), and my friend passed away from it earller this year on her 17th birthday. does anyone have any good ideas of what we can do?

got me thinking, we raised money to buy the cancer patients roses in NYC (on TRL and y'all know that story)... we could raise money, and send the money to katie or z (i know big responsibility for them) but they could buy roses and donate the money to charity organizations, and give a few(more then just a few) to delta, and say on behalf of NESSAholics.com and atr.org we hope that you over come this.... if you have any suggestions you can add them here...or we could make a thread for her in the ATR disscussion.

Gina

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2003, 01:08:18 pm »
i'm in on that idea:-) i'll raise money however i can
Gina

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2003, 10:34:26 pm »
AWWWW that is such a wonderful idea Joey id be more than happy to do ne thing I can over here, id have to get in contact with some ppl so we could deliver them but I am for it.

We could post in the ATR thread, ill let u do it if u like since it was ur idea.
If u like ill be on aim tomorrow and we can talk about it.

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2003, 10:45:10 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
Quote from: "divasteph"
unfortantely there is no cure for cancer - but help fund cancer research and one day there may be... it is humanity that people get sick and eventually die - its nature's population control - but we must try to help the ones we love - so dont just think of delta at this time but of everyone suffering - it has been a huge part of my life the past year - help out in yuor community - with fundrasing, volunteer work, etc - devote your time to people that you can really make a difference - because chances are 2 ut of 5 of your closest friends or relatives will be ill with some form of cancer in their life - do what you can (this has been directed to all) - get off your lazy asses and make a difference (ATR needs to get back in gear - because we can do something special for other people)

yes... i agree Steph! ATR hasnt done anything in awhile and i think this would be a good cause... maybe we could at the NYC concert? i dont know... it may be short notice, but it's just an idea. i dont know what tho, i'm not good at planning things. i'd help in anyway i can! cancer has hit my life pretty bad... 3 of my grandparents have had it (2 passed away because of it), and my friend passed away from it earller this year on her 17th birthday. does anyone have any good ideas of what we can do?

got me thinking, we raised money to buy the cancer patients roses in NYC (on TRL and y'all know that story)... we could raise money, and send the money to katie or z (i know big responsibility for them) but they could buy roses and donate the money to charity organizations, and give a few(more then just a few) to delta, and say on behalf of NESSAholics.com and atr.org we hope that you over come this.... if you have any suggestions you can add them here...or we could make a thread for her in the ATR disscussion.

guys ...
i'm at work so this'llbe wuick and un-informative ... but ....

I am so there.
I have tonnes of conncetions at hospitals.
I used to volunteer there a few years ago, and know ppl who know ppl :-)
I don't really like Delta but I love the kids with cancer.
Whatever needs to get done I do.

So ..
if you want we'll get things happening.
i want a BIG response ... not some half hearted attepmt mind you ...
I don't get involved in things unless they are successful and BIG!!! :-)

so let's see .... :-D

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2003, 10:55:21 pm »
lol nice idea Zee, u can have the cancer donating part and ill look after the roses 4 delta perhaps?

Split up the responsibility.

Lemme think 4 a while.

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2003, 10:59:40 pm »
I was thinking maybe we could get Delta to the westmead kids hospital ...
uummm
Yeah shit like that ...
Umm the roses will be easy to get...
My best mates own a florist together ...
or the flower markets on Wedsdays at flemington ... that's no prob.

~*~save the uni

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2003, 11:03:38 pm »
but then i'm thinnking
that ever organisation will want to have her on board and will want her to help them attract attention and shit .. like the starlight org, and other cancer organisations ...
theres that  thing at the opera house fr holly .... which i'm going to, but yeah ... so maybe it'll be hard to get her to do one more cancer publicity thing ...

~*~save the uni

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2003, 11:09:29 pm »
hmmm good point, i sorta got ahead of myself.
Thinking "Oh present for Delta" and ran with it.

Maybe when Joey comes back on we can brain storm about it so we dont take his idea to far or away from him.

LimeTwister

Delta Goodrem
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2003, 06:03:41 am »
Quote from: "aleera84"
hmmm good point, i sorta got ahead of myself.
Thinking "Oh present for Delta" and ran with it.

Maybe when Joey comes back on we can brain storm about it so we dont take his idea to far or away from him.

lol you won't take my idea too far away...We could probably do some more stuff with ATR in America but I think if we do it for Delta and the other patients in Australia more people will hear about it, and might could help out or something?

i will post a thread in the atr forum later on today.

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2003, 07:48:49 pm »
Anything for Delta
count me in

danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

Gina

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2003, 08:01:58 pm »
mm hmm!!! we need to start somethin up soon.... but joeys going away for a week silly boy
Gina

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2003, 08:21:40 pm »
Thank u Joey, i posted in the thread  :D  its a great idea.
Im excited

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2003, 08:22:33 pm »
Quote from: "NYnessaholicGina"
mm hmm!!! we need to start somethin up soon.... but joeys going away for a week silly boy

A weeks worth of brain storming.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »
this is just another idea... and i dont know how to do it, but i'll try to figure it out.
i was watching TV today, and they had this promotional thing for St. Jude's research center for children. it's where they help children with cancer who's families normally couldnt get good treatment to save their childrens lives because they couldnt afford it. so people donate money to this place and theyre able to save childrens lives who have cancer. i was watching this and i was crying. it was so sad! cause i thought of my friend who died at a young age earlier this year. and i seriously really want to help.
maybe we can do something at the nyc concert to get people to help... i dont know, i was just thinking about it!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"