Author Topic: Delta Goodrem  (Read 400041 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1095 on: February 13, 2004, 08:12:20 pm »
So she was in Southern California!  :cry:

I am going to go and die now (again...)

Is she still here!? lol

Did you guys know?

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1096 on: February 14, 2004, 07:22:40 pm »

Simply strunning

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1097 on: February 15, 2004, 05:18:37 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"

Simply strunning

pretty pic however her nose looks f'd up?
whats wrong with the pic?

Scotty

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1098 on: February 15, 2004, 07:58:51 pm »
just looks like a dirt mark that has been on the negative when developing

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Scotty

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1099 on: February 15, 2004, 10:45:52 pm »
Last night in the streets of Redfern in Sydneys inner suburbs last night as the news spread about Delta's debut album "Innocent Eyes" dropping to #12 on the ARIA chart. Many fans hurled bricks, fireworks and other objects at passing people as they claimed they were happy to see Delta fall on the charts. Police finally managed to arrest a number of people and charged them with Delta Fan Rage. More arrests will be made in the next couple of days as more people are identified.

Sony and Delta have yet to comment on the behaviour of fans last night.

Fans throw fireworks at police. One witness overheard a Delta fan screaming abuse at the police for supporting such music artists as Holly Valance, Kylie Minogue and Britney Spears.

Redfern Station up in smoke as Delta fans set fire to a number of CDs from artists who are in the top10 on this weeks ARIA charts. A few fans were overheard saying "if we get rid of all the other artists, then Delta can once again be #1 where she belongs!!!!"

Police Officers rush to make arrests on trouble making fans as the riots continued throughout the night.

One of the many Delta fans arrested by police overnight, charged with Delta Fan Rage.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1100 on: February 16, 2004, 02:09:31 am »
Oh man Scott, thats funny.
It is a shame about delta dropping to number 12 but i guess it had to happen sooner or later because so many people have brought it and there are many other new releases out now.
It sucks though.
Nice picture of Delta  :wink:
I kinda live near Redfern, well its close to me anyway. I travel past that station on the way to Central station.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1101 on: February 16, 2004, 03:44:48 am »

here come more Patrick pix for us girls to perve on.
You guys have Delta, we need her good friend Pat<3

"And what are you wearing?"

My favorite photo

Patrick with long hair? Huh what, wait thats not sexy Patrick thats beautiful Delta.
Confuzzled.

Thats it for now :( there will be more though.

Also Aaron that was really sweet <3 thank you, and stay your beautiful self hey!
cant wait until our holiday  :D  woo.

Take care Delta peeps
oh and by the way i saw Delta and Mark in the paper today, it was actually yesterdays paper anyway they looked happy and were holding hands.
they are still in American and Mark had pulled out of a tournament so he can spend more time with his girl.
how great!!
But i still wish she was with her Jude! He seems much more suited to her but as long as shes happy :)

Delta and long time friend (hes like a brother to me) Jude Bolton
He was there all through her cancer and supported her ahhhhhh hes so cute <3

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1102 on: February 16, 2004, 04:31:36 am »
here come more Patrick pix for us girls to perve on.

lol @ Katie! I can only imagine what the Patrick content is like in AIM coms
with your gal-pals :o It's nice 2C you're keeping the rating here a G :D  :wink:

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1103 on: February 16, 2004, 06:02:43 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"

Simply strunning

Yup, very strunning! :wink:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1104 on: February 16, 2004, 08:19:24 am »
wish we could see her while she is in the US and let her know her US fans adore her too!

Laura

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1105 on: February 16, 2004, 04:47:02 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
wish we could see her while she is in the US and let her know her US fans adore her too!

Yup!! I wanna see Delta  :cry:

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1106 on: February 17, 2004, 03:12:23 pm »

Was she really gonna wear this?  It's see-through!

Also, word on the streets is she's coming to the US in July.  Perfect!  Seeing as I'll be in Italy! :roll:  :evil:

Scotty

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1107 on: February 17, 2004, 03:37:17 pm »
Throw It Away Was Just On Late Night Love In Theuk, ..and its a cool new radio version!!!

Graham Torrington just played it, and its a kinda remixed version...

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Scotty

• View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1108 on: February 17, 2004, 03:44:48 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"
Also, word on the streets is she's coming to the US in July.  Perfect!  Seeing as I'll be in Italy! :roll:  :evil:

Some light reading for you :)

TENTATIVE U.S. PLANS

Goodrem is currently in Los Angeles, where she is writing new material with Glen Ballard, Billy Mann and Guy Chambers, among others. The earliest Columbia will release her project in the United States is July, says New York-based Sony Music U.S./Sony Music International VP of A&R David Massey.

Our plans are still related to her health," Massey says. "We need her to be able to travel across the U.S. extensively and perform showcases and make sure she's completely ready for it physically. Our first priority is her well being, but we're very optimistic."
Although still under discussion, "the most likely scenario," Massey says, is that "Innocent Eyes" will be issued in the United States with one or two new tracks.

"In the next month, there will be the beginnings of her plan to work on her follow-up to 'Innocent Eyes' and possibly one or two of those songs could find its way onto the U.S. album." But he says there is no plan to combine her first and next albums into a U.S. release: "That would lead to big import problems."

The likely first single in the United States is "Born to Try," which has become a signature tune for Goodrem. "It reminds me of an uplifting song like Des'ree's 'You Gotta Be,"' Massey says. "It's all about the positive and uplifting message, but she's still very realistic."

Massey feels Goodrem can fill a void in the U.S. market for a female artist with the vocal prowess of a Celine Dion but the songwriting feel of a Tori Amos or Dido.

"Her appeal skews from 12- to 50-year-old women," he says. "She's like an Alicia Keys in that she's a singer/songwriter who has a broad appeal and occupies a unique space." To that end, he feels that TV appearances and live performances are as crucial as radio to breaking her in the United States.

Goodrem, who wrote her first tune at age 12, says she uses songwriting to come to terms with her meteoric success. She also is listening to such veteran songwriters as Carole King and Van Morrison plus contemporary ones like Darren Hayes (Savage Garden) to sharpen her skills. "There are some positive new songs, and some angry ones," she says with a laugh.

"She has had outstanding success and exceptional challenges to deal with for such a young person," Massey says.

In Australia, Goodrem blitzed last October's ARIA music awards with seven wins (and two additional viewers choice awards), and her "Delta" replaced the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" to become the highest-selling music DVD here with sales of 165,000 units (11-times platinum).

Outside Australia, Sony says Goodrem has shipped double-platinum so far in the U.K. (passing the 600,000-units mark). The album was released in mid-2003 in the U.K.

Now she's taking on the rest of Europe. "Innocent Eyes" is in the top 20 in Germany, and she is breaking in Scandinavia, with France targeted to follow. "This is despite her inability to do any promotional work there," Massey says.

"Delta Goodrem to visit the US in July 2004, says David Letterman

Posted By: Johnson Leung
Date: Monday, 2 February 2004, at 10:44 a.m. US Eastern Time

In Response To: Delta Goodrem update (2-2-2004) (Johnson Leung)

Hello fans:

If you have been watching the Late Show of David Letterman on CBS in the last two weeks, you would have heard of David commenting on the New York Times report of the 2004 IRS (International Record Sales), which ranks CD sales in major countries around the world.
A fan has posted a message on the Delta Goodrem Forum, saying he heard Delta's name on the show, because David happened to mention that Delta had contributed to Australia's massive 90% rise in record sales, pushing the country up from No.5 to No.2 on the 2004 IRS Ranking List, the country's highest ever position.
The fan said he heard David saying that he could confirm that Delta would be on his show on July. If this is confirmed, it would be good news for her fans worldwide, and also for the US, because it has always been her ambition to break into the American market. Delta had her chance last July (You read it here first) but had to abandon the trip after she was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease. By July this year Delta would have fully recovered from her treatment, so she should be fit enough to go.
Keep visting this BBS for more details.

Regards,

Johnson Leung"

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Delta Goodrem