Author Topic: Delta Goodrem  (Read 400213 times)

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1455 on: May 31, 2004, 05:45:24 am »
Also whilst in Brisbane's CBD yesterday I spotted a 3rd Delta-Pepsi poster :razz:

Delta in the sequened top - clutching the Pepsi bottle against her (oYo) :o  8)

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1456 on: June 02, 2004, 06:52:25 pm »
My 800 goes to Delta.

I have loved this thread ever since I started posting in it and I have made so many cool friends in it so *thumbs up*.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1457 on: June 02, 2004, 06:54:00 pm »
Quote from: "aleera84"
My 800 goes to Delta.

I have loved this thread ever since I started posting in it and I have made so many cool friends in it so *thumbs up*.

lol congrats on the milestone :wink:

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1458 on: June 02, 2004, 06:55:08 pm »
Shyt were did you come from Kevs?
Thanks a bunch.
I havnt talked to you in ages, how are you/ ill pm you

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1459 on: June 02, 2004, 06:56:19 pm »
Thanks a bunch.

I'm sneaky like that. :twisted:

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1460 on: June 02, 2004, 07:03:16 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Thanks a bunch.

I'm sneaky like that. :twisted:

Im listening to Sarah McLachlan's cd aswell.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1461 on: June 04, 2004, 05:05:55 pm »
Sean from the DGF has posted a collection of all Delta's Pepsi posters here

The 3 I've seen so far include the 4th, 5th & 7th pics in the 1st series :roll:  :D

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1462 on: June 04, 2004, 05:25:31 pm »
Quote from: "NESSAussie"

:roll: New pic @ official site gallery

:? Housekeeping over @ Delta's Official gallery :wink: the original 137.jpg has been
overwritten with pics of Delta with Vanessa, her bro and 1 000 000th IE plaque:

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Delta Meets Her One Millionth Fan!
« Reply #1463 on: June 04, 2004, 05:35:28 pm »
Being a fan of Delta Goodrem's paid off recently for cute Vanessa Aguis, 7, of Sydney. The aspiring young piano player bought the one millionth copy of Delta's debut album 'Innocent Eyes' and won a private performance with Delta on piano!

Meeting Delta Goodrem went from a dream to a reality for cute seven-year-old Vanessa Aguis of Sydney recently, when the aspiring young piano player became the lucky buyer of the one millionth Australian copy of Delta's 15 x Platinum debut album 'Innocent Eyes'.

Vanessa, who is in Year 2, and her mother Sonia had stopped by a record store to pick up a copy of the album - Delta being Vanessa's favourite singer - to take to a birthday party. The store staff let Vanessa listen to the CD on the spot and discovered it was the one millionth copy of 'Innocent Eyes' issued by Sony Music Australia.

"They put the headphones on Vanessa and she shouted out, 'Mummy, Mummy, I've won the prize!" said Sonia.

Instead of containing the music of the standard album, the special copy of the CD Vanessa heard (which went into circulation earlier this year) contained a special recorded message from Delta announcing that the holder of the CD was in fact the one millionth person in Australia to buy the album, and that they had won a plaque and a special meeting with the singer herself.

Vanessa's dreams came true last week when she finally got to meet Delta at Sony's offices in Huntingwood, Sydney. Joined by her nine-year-old brother Adrian and mum Sonia, Vanessa went on a guided tour of the facilities to see where the lucky copy of 'Innocent Eyes' had been made. Then came the big moment when she and her family got to meet Delta and her mother Lea.

"I said 'Hi Delta'. And I gave her a big hug and a kiss and a gift", she said. "Even Delta's mum was really lovely. She gave me a big kiss and a hug too."

But that was just the beginning for the lucky little winner. Spending about an hour with Delta, receiving her plaque, chatting and taking photos, Vanessa (who sings, dances and plays piano) and her brother Adrian (who also plays piano), got to sit next to Delta at a grand piano in the studio where she recorded 'Born To Try' and belt out a few numbers with her.

"I got to play her piano. We played 'Not Me, Not I' but I only played a little bit," she said. "She also sang 'Lost Without You' to me in Spanish."

Vanessa, who thinks Delta is 'very, very nice' and 'pretty', said that all of her friends wanted to hear her story about meeting the star, so she took the plaque into her school and she showed it to over 700 kids at assembly. It's no surprise she had a little trail of kids following her every step for the rest of the day.

"Everyone was very excited for me because they think she's so beautiful," said Vanessa.

Mum Sonia said that she was thrilled that her daughter had the once in a life-time opportunity to meet someone as inspirational as Delta.

"She's such a good role model for them. I'm glad it was Delta because she's such a beautiful person," she said. "It's just been really magical, it really has. Everyone has been so kind, from the people at the record store, to the people at Sony, to Delta and her Mum. They're just really beautiful people."

"It was also a really good inspiration for both of them to play piano!" she added.

"Now I'm like a mini-Delta," said Vanessa.

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1464 on: June 05, 2004, 02:18:40 am »

:? Housekeeping over @ Delta's Official gallery :wink: the original 137.jpg has been

bitch!  :roll:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1465 on: June 06, 2004, 06:10:46 pm »
Its the moment when Delta Goodrem will need to prove she's ready to tackle America. The singer faces one of her biggest professional tests when she meets Sony's US chiefs in New York on Tuesday.

Not only will she perform in front of every major US executive, Goodrem will be introduced to Sony's leading marketing and sales representatives in a bid to shape her image for the American market.

The 19-year-old singer will be accompanied to the New York showcase by Sony Australia CEO Denis Handlin, who passionately believes the singer has what it takes to be an international superstar.

Although Goodrem's status is assured in Australia, where her Innocent Eyes album was a smash-hit seller, the event is likely to be slightly nerveracking for her. Not only does it represent the gateway to one of her biggest goals - cracking the American charts - it is also the meeting she was supposed to attend last year before being diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease.

Goodrem was due to fly out to New York in the week she was diagnosed. It has taken her almost 12 months to get back to that point after enduring chemotherapy and radiotherapy, so it will be a very special day for her and mum Lea, who is acting as her manager.

The singer is expected to perform atleast three songs during her showcase, most likely her biggest Australian hits including Lost Without You and Born To Try. The Sony think tank will then discuss the best way to approach the release of Goodrem's album in the US, including a possible line-up of songs. (It may be a combination of new tracks combined with her biggest chart successes here.)

The singer has hinted she is prepared to relocated to the US to pursue her music career there, if necessary.

'S'; The Sun Herald
June 6th 2004

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1466 on: June 06, 2004, 07:30:01 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"

bitch!  :roll:

I saw that in the newspaper last week, she got that cd from Parramatta (I think) when is like half an hour near my house.
So yes shes a lucky bitch. I wish I were a lucky bitch.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1467 on: June 06, 2004, 07:45:13 pm »
:roll: You are lucky Katie - the ARIA tickets were secured with a good deal of it!

Please refrain from using that kind of language in any reference 2 yourself :P

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1468 on: June 06, 2004, 08:01:30 pm »
:roll: You are lucky Katie - the ARIA tickets were secured with a good deal of it!

Please refrain from using that kind of language in any reference 2 yourself :P

Your right, i was lucky in that sense and i was only joking!!
 :D

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #1469 on: June 07, 2004, 06:10:45 am »
In case you didn't have it :P an earlier pic from Delta's OK Magazine shoot