Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 58094 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2004, 06:08:49 pm »
Three words : Good fucking riddance. I said it.
Joe

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2004, 06:36:25 pm »
WELL IT'S ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME

he lasted way too long.....

Glad to see George is still in it....def. a close call.....however I honestly think La Toya will (and should) win it all...(although if Diana keeps up the way she did this week...it's a possibility that she may pull out the win)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2004, 09:37:02 pm »
this was the most emotional episode yet! you could tell John was a popular one with the contestants. and it's not hard to see why! He's just got such a sweet personality and the strength to put up with all the shit some assholes would throw at him! He's 16!! give him a break! geeze! He's talented at what he does... and trust me, this will not be the last you see of him!
i just dont see how anyone can be so rude and mean to someone who is one of the nicest guys ever. he's talented too! look how far he made it!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

BWilli

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2004, 03:43:11 am »
eh!  I think he made it this far because of popularity....not talent....

almost like Josh Gracin from last season (who is a million times better than Stevens) but lasted a lot longer than he should have....

i'll give Stevens this....he can sing like Sinatra, and you're right, we'll prolly see his CD out eventually.....but he can only sing one type of music...he doesn't have much range at all.....not like the rest of the contestants on the show.....

he had one good night, because he picked a song in the genre that he only knows how to sing ( i think that was the movie night, not sure)....but he couldn't switch it up when trying to sing Elton John or Gloria Estefan's songs.....

sure....i'll admit, it's a little sad to see someone get the boot from the show, but i'm glad he's out, the other contestants are a lot better....

Like I said, I'd love to see George do good like the first few weeks, but I think it's going to be either La Toya or Diana(if she can keep up the good work...)

LimeTwister

American Idol
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2004, 11:31:34 am »
Holly, you're right. I shouldn't be so mean, but it's not like I hate him as a person...just that he couldn't sing the stuff that was put there for him.  I think that is partly American Idol's fault (WHO can sing all of that crap?), but at the same time we don't want it repetitive to the point that it is dreary.  I think age does have something to do with it.  I think throughout his career he will get to learn what he needs, and THEN he will be better.  

I still think he should have gone home before others.  That's not his fault but it still pisses some off.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2004, 11:45:08 am »
it's sad to see him go - but you can't deny that his performances were getting worse as the show went on. I still love him though!

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2004, 01:40:39 pm »
This was hilarious...

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2004, 06:21:46 pm »
Im starting to like Jasmine more than Diana now.
I loved Simon's comment to Fantasia about her sounding like a cartoon character LOL.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2004, 09:16:00 pm »
Quote from: "aleera84"
I loved Simon's comment to Fantasia about her sounding like a cartoon character LOL.

i thought that was mean! i <3 Fantasia! she's one of those performers that just makes me happy when I see them perform! she exudes cheerfulness and she's very unique and talented!

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #264 on: May 02, 2004, 11:26:40 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
Quote from: "aleera84"

i thought that was mean! i <3 Fantasia! she's one of those performers that just makes me happy when I see them perform! she exudes cheerfulness and she's very unique and talented!

Perhaps but hey we all have our own opinions Holls, I think she is a very lively and talented person but she just doesnt do it for me.
I really like American Idol, its much better than Australian Idol for some reason.
I guess its because I dont have to vote every week, argh you guys have it so good because we had to pay to vote for our Idol favorites.
Its good that she makes you feel happy though, there was this one Idol fav of mine over here named Cosima who made me happy but she had to pull out because her throat got sore and she became really sick.
(shes in my avatar- Michelle Branch, Hilary Duff and Cosima)
Lots of <3 Holly and thank you for writing in my LJ, I miss you aswell.

Jay_Oh

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - jen@olson.net.nz
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NZGroovage
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nzgroovage/index.htm/
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2004, 05:10:50 pm »
Meh, who cares about American idol, New Zealand Idols much better! :P Luke was my favourite one in New Zealand idol and he just left :( see what he sounds like here... http://flipside.nzoom.com/flipside_detail/1,2359,269597-212-223,00.html

or here...

http://www.nzidol.com/top10_luke.html

Afterglow: Brazil is a forest... bah....
Gingernut: I didnt know brazil had sheep...

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2004, 05:16:30 pm »
my affection for George is waning and building for Diana.  She was fantastic tonight, probably the best.  LaToya was great as usual.  I like Fantasia but I don't think she was that spectacular.  Should be interesting from now on though.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2004, 05:56:49 pm »
I have to disagree on the Diana thing, I honestly didn't think she was all that wonderful tonight, I don't necessarily think she'll go, I kinda think Jaz will go, even though I do like her.  I thought La Toya was really good- I actually enjoyed her tonight.  Fantasia's still my favorite, simply because she has a unique voice and amazing personality... I thought she did really well tonight, maybe not her best but- still real good.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #268 on: May 04, 2004, 08:08:44 pm »
Simon said it best when he said Fantasia and LaToya were in a league of their own! They both stand so high above the others... and I think it'll be a showdown between them at the end! And they are the only 2 who have been consistantly good! Neither of them has ever had a bad night!

my fave peformances of tonight:
1. LaToya
2. Fantasia
3. Diana
4. George
5. Jasmine

Fantasia is my favorite... and I think Jasmine will go home tomorrow. She's good! She just didnt compare to the others tonight!

BWilli

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #269 on: May 05, 2004, 03:32:19 am »
I don't think it was right for Simon and Randy to say what they said in the end, (about who'd be in the final two).  They have their choices, but they should keep it to themselves for the time being.  I think it made the other contestants feel like crap.

All in all, not such a bad show.

1.  La Toya
2.  Diana
3.  Fantasia
4.  Jasmine
5.  George (damn, he was at the top of my list when the show started few months back)

La Toya should win it all I think.