Author Topic: Lol, this is great:  (Read 3311 times)

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« on: January 03, 2004, 07:57:40 pm »
I found this article, it's pretty old.

Vanessa Carlton Plans "Be Not Nobody" Ballet

By Jerry Armor

(6/4/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Vanessa Carlton is currently enjoying the success of her hit single, "A Thousand Miles," which is Number Six on the Billboard Hot 100. Carlton told LAUNCH that she truly enjoyed writing the track, which was the first single to be released from her debut A&M Records album, Be Not Nobody.

"I was just proud of the record, and I loved writing the song. I thought maybe if people felt as good as I felt writing it maybe it would work," she said.

The advance buzz about "A Thousand Miles" helped Be Not Nobody to debut at Number Five on the Billboard 200 albums chart, selling more than 101,000 copies in its premiere week. In addition to being a singer-songwriter and a pianist, Carlton is also a trained ballet dancer, and she said that she hopes to soon have her music interpreted in dance.

"A dream of mine--well, a plan of mine--is to choreograph a ballet to the album, and maybe have it go for a couple of nights. I know a lot of dancers and choreographers, so (I'd like to) set a ballet to the record," she said.

Carlton added that "Ordinary Day" will be the next single off the album. "'Ordinary Day' is actually one of my favorite songs on the album, and it is one of the first songs I ever wrote. I love it because it's a waltz, and I'm a dancer, and it dances."

taken from: http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=209135

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 08:01:01 pm »
yeah I seen it before maybe it should be an extra on Harmonium :D

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 08:02:36 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"
yeah I seen it before maybe it should be an extra on Harmonium :D

that'd be cool

Amanda

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 08:14:34 pm »
LMAO, i was just trying to picture interpretive dancing to songs like Rinse, and Paint it Black. It would be interesting though, something i would like to see

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 08:15:57 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
LMAO, i was just trying to picture interpretive dancing to songs like Rinse, and Paint it Black. It would be interesting though, something i would like to see

don't you mean ballet?

Amanda

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 08:19:37 pm »
oops, sorry!  :oops: you knew what i meant :-P

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 08:20:32 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
oops, sorry!  :oops: you knew what i meant :-P

lol. yep. no prob.   :D

Amanda

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 08:52:31 pm »
I heard they want to ban the word LOL

thats stupid, I love that word...sorry that had nothing to do with it but its true!

manda :razz:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 08:54:58 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
I heard they want to ban the word LOL

thats stupid, I love that word...sorry that had nothing to do with it but its true!

manda :razz:

who is they??

and yeah, 'lol' comes in handy on these boards. lol

Amanda

Manda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 08:59:36 pm »
I dont remember who, I need to do a search on that, I dont think they can ban the word "LOL" but these days I'm sure they can.

i read it the other day, on SBC Yahoo! News, one of the top stories.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 09:02:09 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
I dont remember who, I need to do a search on that, I dont think they can ban the word "LOL" but these days I'm sure they can.

i read it the other day, on SBC Yahoo! News, one of the top stories.

Manda

oh ok. well, i know the French banned the word "e-mail" but that's the french  :roll:  but i'm sure the Us or whoever could ban the word LOL

Amanda

Manda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 09:03:46 pm »
yep, couldn't find it, but I found this!!!!
GIRL WONDERS IF BOYFRIEND'S SHAKING COULD LEAD TO ABUSE  
Sat Jan 3, 8:01 PM ET  

By Abigail Van Buren

DEAR ABBY: I am 15. I have been in a relationship with "Adam" for four years, but things just don't seem the same. I met him when I was 11 and we have been together ever since. I waited until my 14th birthday to give him my virginity and we were in love way before that. He is the only guy I have ever loved.

It seems like we fight all the time. He has never hit me or anything, but he has shaken me, and I'm wondering if he would ever hit me in the future. Do you think we should stay together? I want to, but at the same time I don't.

I never thought I'd say that, but I'm sure it means something. What should I do? -- TENNESSEE TEEN

DEAR TEEN: Let me explain something to you. Abusive behavior does not spring from the egg, fully formed like a chicken. It starts out small and grows like a vine until it weighs down and smothers the victim. I'll bet Adam didn't start out by shaking you. It probably started with nasty comments, then yelling -- and now this. Will it continue to escalate? Very likely, unless Adam learns that it is unacceptable behavior and is willing to find acceptable ways of displaying his anger.

The preteen and teen years are supposed to be a time of growth and learning, both intellectually and socially. You have limited yourself to one person for too long, and on some level, I think you already know that. Tell Adam you no longer want an exclusive relationship, that you intend to concentrate on your studies and see other people. Then do it. If he doesn't like it, get your parents involved. I'm sure they will set him straight in a hurry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEAR ABBY: I am a college student in a small town. Eight months ago, I met a wonderful young man, and we were planning to be married until I told him about my past.

My stepfather molested me. It was long ago, and I have since forgiven him and my mother. (Mother is still married to him.)

My boyfriend, however, cannot forgive them. He tried to convince my mother to leave my stepfather. She refused, and now my boyfriend and my mother no longer speak.

He says things will never work out because of this rift he has with my family. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make the relationship work, but he says he can't be around my family, and it isn't fair to ask me to give them up.

Was I wrong to expect him to support my decision to forgive them? -- DESPERATE IN TEXAS

DEAR DESPERATE: Your boyfriend's inability to forgive your mother is rooted in his caring for you. When you marry someone, in a sense you also marry that person's family. You family is so dysfunctional that it may have scared this young man off. His fears might be allayed if you're willing to cut your ties to your mother, but it's no guarantee.

That your mother stayed married to the abuser who molested you speaks volumes. That you opted to "forgive" them both was a personal choice you made -- but that doesn't change the fact that your mother's husband is a child molester. What makes you think he wouldn't be a danger to your children in the future? Think about it.

Manda

• View Profile
Lol, this is great:
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 09:10:41 pm »
Oh, Abby is good!!!

Manda