Author Topic: ATM on New Bratz Kareoke  (Read 4926 times)

LimeTwister

ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2003, 01:22:29 pm »
they all look high!...jeez...don't let your child play with the high dolls.

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2003, 01:24:04 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
they all look high!...jeez...don't let your child play with the high dolls.

They look like raver sluts on ecstasy!!! :lol:
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2003, 01:42:34 pm »
They do mixed race Barbies now too...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2003, 01:51:29 pm »
Quote from: "Tia"

yeah, that's what i thought too. While i think it's good that the Bratz do multi cultural dolls, i still don't like them for their image they are portraying to young girls.

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2003, 01:56:34 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
Quote from: "Tia"

yeah, that's what i thought too. While i think it's good that the Bratz do multi cultural dolls, i still don't like them for their image they are portraying to young girls.

Right there with ya...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2003, 11:55:19 am »
Hey, I don't know what kind of Barbies you guys played with, but the ones that I had as a kid were like slutmaster barbies... you know, Pam Anderson boobs, tiny waist, all the shirts designed to show off her cleavage.

And did you guys know that the Barbie doll was modeled after a German "adult toy" doll?  

My kids are only going to be allowed to watch the Hallmark Channel and play with an Easy Bake Oven, because all of the toys out there promote something bad.  No wait, they can't play with an Easy bake, because that will promote stereotypical female roles to my daughters...  damn, sorry kids, no toys for you!  No wait, they can play with that little cup and ball toy.  That's it.  

My poor future children.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2003, 01:45:18 pm »
Quote from: "Angelcorrine"
Hey, I don't know what kind of Barbies you guys played with, but the ones that I had as a kid were like slutmaster barbies... you know, Pam Anderson boobs, tiny waist, all the shirts designed to show off her cleavage.

And did you guys know that the Barbie doll was modeled after a German "adult toy" doll?  

My kids are only going to be allowed to watch the Hallmark Channel and play with an Easy Bake Oven, because all of the toys out there promote something bad.  No wait, they can't play with an Easy bake, because that will promote stereotypical female roles to my daughters...  damn, sorry kids, no toys for you!  No wait, they can play with that little cup and ball toy.  That's it.  

My poor future children.

This is true, and you do have a point. But when I walked in to the shop today, do you know what my boss's daughter was doing? Strutting around with her shirt hiked up above her belly so that she could look like her Bratz doll. Now, i know that with some guidance from her mother this image she has can be shaken, but at the same time it was the doll that influenced her. An easybake oven is much less harmful than a skantally clad doll. You're talking about two very different toys on two very different ends of the spectrum.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
that sucks
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2003, 02:59:24 pm »
i mean, kidz bop is one thing, and those other things like kidz bop. (the children singing atm sound AWFUL, there's even like some 45 year old woman singing part of it!) just when you think it couldn't get any worse, atm goes to bratz dolls. did vanessa allow this?!
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 11:57:29 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

This is true, and you do have a point. But when I walked in to the shop today, do you know what my boss's daughter was doing? Strutting around with her shirt hiked up above her belly so that she could look like her Bratz doll. Now, i know that with some guidance from her mother this image she has can be shaken, but at the same time it was the doll that influenced her. An easybake oven is much less harmful than a skantally clad doll. You're talking about two very different toys on two very different ends of the spectrum.

On one hand, I agree with you.  On the other hand, I don't.  But that doesn't really matter.

The point I was trying to make is that there are good and bad things that have to do with any toy.  Just like there are good and bad aspects of anything in life.  The big thing is that parents have to be around to teach their children that they do not dress like Barbie/Bratz.  I'll be honest, I don't spend a lot of time hanging out in the toy aisles of my favorite discount store.  I'm no resident expert on child psychology or how much these toys really affect kids in the long run.  But I do know that parents have the biggest influence on their kids lives.  Especially when they're young.  And no random plastic doll (that inevitably gets tossed into the toy bin about a week after the reciept of it) can change that.

So there.  I blame the parents.  And Bill Gates.  Anyone with that much money has to be guilty of something.

So, anybody know if Vanessa has any of these Bratz dolls?  Or is she more of a Barbie Girl?  Oooooh they need to make a NessaBarbie- complete with a piana...

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2003, 02:06:11 pm »
I completely agree with you! my mom is a third grade teacher, and i spend half of my day everyday volunteering in her school, and you can tell the kids who have their parents for influences and who have the media. Parental influence is vital. :-) Jessica

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2004, 08:21:16 pm »
lol, I babysit for these lil 4 and 7 year old girls every week and their mom was complaining to me how disgusted she was with bratz and she'd never let her girls play with them... I think they do give lil girls the signal that it's ok to dress like sluts. It's one thing that their idols do, but the dolls they play with? come on!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
ATM on New Bratz Kareoke
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2004, 12:38:34 pm »
exaclty. I mean, I understand what angelcorrine (sorry dont' know your name  :oops: ) means about Barbies being the same thing, and in a way they are. But i also remember my barbies wearing clothes that fit them, and weren't short and flashy like the Bratz clothing, you know?