I went, but didn't have that good of a time
1 (10%)
My school didnt throw a prom
1 (10%)
I wanted to, but couldn't go
1 (10%)
I didn't go, by choice!
1 (10%)
I'm not a senior yet but when it is my prom, I'll go!
2 (20%)
I'm not a senior yet and I don't plan on going
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 15, 2004, 11:04:25 am

Author Topic: Senior Prom  (Read 5623 times)

Jay_Oh

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - jen@olson.net.nz
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NZGroovage
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nzgroovage/index.htm/
    • Email
Senior Prom
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 02:10:26 am »
haha, great minds think alike Jess!  :lol:

Here's a full picture of the dress...

Afterglow: Brazil is a forest... bah....
Gingernut: I didnt know brazil had sheep...

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2004, 03:44:59 am »
lol, mines different on the bottom half :-P I'll give you a link to it later

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 11:38:48 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
this is true - for our prom the junior class has to pay for literally everything used except for what is left over from previous proms. And since our school is so small, the classes don't have much money - so it's held in our gym with what decorations the class can afford.

just got my pics back - they'll be up soon!

Thats how my school is too... The Junior class paid for every single thing. My school is pretty small, about 100 girls per class. Each class has an account they carry on throughout the 4 years... The Freshman class puts on the Senior Breakfast, Sophmore's put on Winter Formal, Juniors put on Prom, and Seniors put on a party with an underprivledged elementary school. The only way we raise money is by selling food at school, raffles etc... The school doesnt help us AT ALL! So it doesnt matter what kinda school I go to, lol, I had a fun time.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 11:41:29 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
this is true - for our prom the junior class has to pay for literally everything used except for what is left over from previous proms. And since our school is so small, the classes don't have much money - so it's held in our gym with what decorations the class can afford.

Thats how my school is too... The Junior class paid for every single thing. My school is pretty small, about 100 girls per class. Each class has an account they carry on throughout the 4 years... The Freshman class puts on the Senior Breakfast, Sophmore's put on Winter Formal, Juniors put on Prom, and Seniors put on a party with an underprivledged elementary school. The only way we raise money is by selling food at school, raffles etc... The school doesnt help us AT ALL! So it doesnt matter what kinda school I go to, lol, I had a fun time.

Of course it matters! You go to a school where people are rich, Jess and I don't. lol.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 11:44:38 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Of course it matters! You go to a school where people are rich, Jess and I don't. lol.

obviously you dont go to my school and know that most the people are not.
and besides... money isnt everything! with the group of people I was with, we coulda had fun dancing in a parking lot with a cd player and mc donalds for food, haha.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 11:47:05 am »

obviously you dont go to my school and know that most the people are not.
and besides... money isnt everything! with the group of people I was with, we coulda had fun dancing in a parking lot with a cd player and mc donalds for food, haha.

I'm not insulting you Holly! If you go to private school the socio-economic status of the people (and therefore the income) is BOUND to be higher- its just a fact! I'm not saying 'money is everything' either, i'm just saying thats probably the reason your 'prom' was much better. Count yourself lucky! heheh.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 11:50:31 am »
I'm not insulting you Holly! If you go to private school the socio-economic status of the people (and therefore the income) is BOUND to be higher- its just a fact! I'm not saying 'money is everything' either, i'm just saying thats probably the reason your 'prom' was much better. Count yourself lucky! heheh.

I'm not saying you were, lol.
And I know I'm lucky to go to my school...
But my opinion of prom is that it can be as nice as possible and you can have a bad time, or as crappy as possible and have a good time, just depends on your company and the things that happen.

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 12:03:52 pm »
We didn't have a Senior Prom  :?  I gues because I went to an all-girls Catholic school. Shame though, it would have been fun.

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
Senior Prom
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2004, 03:05:46 pm »
Didn't go. I had nothing but apathy for my school and any of the functions for it. During prom leadout practice, I was in the computer lab on vanessacarlton.com's fourms :D
Starbuck is mai waifu

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Senior Prom
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2004, 03:16:38 pm »
The thing is you go to private school so your Balls are probably a LOT better.

HEY! That is just wrong.

tylor