Author Topic: The Passion Of The Christ  (Read 30554 times)

LimeTwister

The Passion Of The Christ
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2004, 05:04:42 pm »
actually saying "I bought my jean at Old Navy" is advertising...

And I will say what I want, there were many people/time and effort put in making something.

It's like saying "I took this shirt, but that's only because I didn't know if wanted it or not"

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2004, 05:06:34 pm »
I dont really care, we all have our own opinions on that sort of thing.

If you think bootlegging videos are bad, well hey, thats your deal.

;)

Me, I dont think so.

:roll:

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

LimeTwister

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2004, 05:09:41 pm »
that's great, i hope you start a job and don't get paid for your work.

That's everyone's goal.

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2004, 05:10:17 pm »
Alrighty then.

;)

manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2004, 05:17:56 pm »
Bootlegging - You don't think it's wrong? At all? Granted, I was in a phase with my Kazaa-ing, but that's over and done with. I realized what the fuck I was doing.

Amanda, your parents have jobs (I'm guessing). Let's say your father's an actor, and your mum's a musician. Everything's fine and dandy 'til one day, they both go bankrupt 'cause there are guys bootlegging your dad's movies and your mom's CDs, and then you're evicted from your house and you starve to death.

Good times?

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2004, 05:20:32 pm »
lol
 :)

LimeTwister

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2004, 05:23:33 pm »
thick.  plain and simple...

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2004, 05:25:53 pm »
:D
Please Keep it To PM's if you want to continue.

Manda

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2004, 05:36:51 pm »
i have no idea what you guys are talking about.....lol but i assume you mean something like stealing...kinda?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2004, 06:32:08 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Second, I don't see how you can be a Christian WITHOUT believing everything in the NT.

Frankly, I don't care whether you think I'm a Christian or not.
I have my beliefs... and ok, maybe I'm not sure about every word in the new testament. The 4 gospels were from people's points of view of what happened... and it's not like Matthew, Mark, Luke or John were around Jesus all the time. A lot of what is written in there is probably by word of mouth.
I do believe the majority of it... and I AM a Christian. I know TONS of people who are but dont believe in every word too! Some Christians think the bible is perfectly word for word account of what happened... and thats fine! Everyone has their opinions. There are no guidlines that say, "You can only be a Christian if you believe every single thing in the bible."
All that matters is that I love, worship and have complete faith in Jesus and what he stands for. In my heart I know I'm a Christian, even though I'm not strictly religious.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2004, 06:38:58 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
Second, I don't see how you can be a Christian WITHOUT believing everything in the NT.

I have my beliefs... and ok, maybe I'm not sure about every word in the new testament. The 4 gospels were from people's points of view of what happened... and it's not like Matthew, Mark, Luke or John were around Jesus all the time. A lot of what is written in there is probably by word of mouth.
I do believe the majority of it... and I AM a Christian. I know TONS of people who are but dont believe in every word too! Some Christians think the bible is perfectly word for word account of what happened... and thats fine! Everyone has their opinions. There are no guidlines that say, "You can only be a Christian if you believe every single thing in the bible."
All that matters is that I love, worship and have complete faith in Jesus and what he stands for. In my heart I know I'm a Christian, even though I'm not strictly religious.

yea its ok holly, i am a christian too and understand exactly what you're talking about, noone ever said it 's easy being one either, there will be a lot of things christians may not know or disagree with sometimes, but it doesnt changes ones belief about things, gee don't be so harsh about it andrew...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2004, 07:56:00 pm »

Sorry.  I wasn't intending that to be an attack, and I think it came across as one.  I was intending to ask the question, "How can you be a Christian without believing all of the NT?"

Because if you doubt ANY of it then, in theory, all of it is fallible.  If you believe all of it is fallible, then how can you believe so many of the difficult things that are essential for a strong Christian faith?

Honestly, I personally have to believe in ALL of the NT in order for ANY of it to make sense.  And even then I have had to spend a LOT of time listening to lots of interpretations to really understand it all.

Fair enough.

My only issue though is still that if you doubt the Apostolic Witness then suddenly everything comes to doubt.  And I, personally, would consider it arrogant of MYSELF to try and decide, thousands of years later, what the Apostles may have gotten wrong when writing the Gospels.

Granted, at this point someone has to throw in the Gnostic Gospels... but I don't even wanna touch that right now.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2004, 09:53:34 pm »
I'm not saying i've decided what i think is wrong or not, who am I to decide? I'm just saying... i dont know what to believe or not, some things I wonder about.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Nightmare Nikki

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NightmareNikki0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2004, 12:28:21 pm »
of "the" Christ?  I had no idea he was a "the".

I want to see this movie.

TSE

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2004, 05:26:23 pm »
8O

It's been four hours.