Author Topic: Can the Vanessa Carlton HARMONIUM JAPAN CD plays?  (Read 2728 times)

Kellang.ly

Can the Vanessa Carlton HARMONIUM JAPAN CD plays?
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:32 pm »
Can Vanessa Carlton HARMONIUM JAPAN CD/DVD play on American Computer? If you have this version, please tell me. Because I think that I might have bought the wrong one for a cheaper price. I haven't got it yet, but please tell me!!! ASAP

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:00:24 am »
You must have a region-free dvd player on your computer to be able to watch the "Pleased To Meet You" dvd. (Japan is region 2 and America is region 1)
The dvd doesn't exist in region 1 though.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 05:43:30 pm »
My computer only lets me change my region 5 times. You should probably see if your computer does that too and whether that's an issue. I don't watch DVD's on my computer, so I just left it on Region 2.

chrisb

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:57:04 am »
Most DVD players don't care about region setting, atleast all the ones I have and the computer should automatically set the region when you put the dvd in. The CD doesn't matter, all CDs as far as I know are region free.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 02:47:24 pm »
Quote from: "chrisb"
Most DVD players don't care about region setting, atleast all the ones I have and the computer should automatically set the region when you put the dvd in.

Yes but you can only do this 5 times: after the 5th time, your player will be locked on the last region you chose.

The best is to flash the dvd player's firmware but it's risky if you don't know what you're doing. Or you can just get a program like AnyDVD that cancels the region checking (but it's not free).
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

charmedguy18

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 06:57:20 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Most DVD players don't care about region setting, atleast all the ones I have and the computer should automatically set the region when you put the dvd in.

Yes but you can only do this 5 times: after the 5th time, your player will be locked on the last region you chose.

The best is to flash the dvd player's firmware but it's risky if you don't know what you're doing. Or you can just get a program like AnyDVD that cancels the region checking (but it's not free).

It is if you're a pirate like me. =]

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:29:12 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Quote from: "Ghisy"

It is if you're a pirate like me. =]

Aye, pirating the software that's used for pirating.  How poetic. :D
Dustin