Author Topic: WWE Wrestler Eddie Guerrero Died.  (Read 3045 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
WWE Wrestler Eddie Guerrero Died.
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:07:50 pm »
I'm a big wrestling fan and this news comes as a shocking surprise.  This guy has been through so much shit, and started to turn his life around over the last few years.  Sad news.

from Yahoo:

Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.

In May 2004, UPN aired the special "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:02:29 pm »
I saw that today on LJ and so thought the dude was messing around. Then I went to wwe.com and saw all the stuff they had up, the news confrence, etc.

It is very sad.

They were just bringing back the Latino Heat gimmick too, which was one of my favorite gimmicks over the past few years.

It will be interesting to see the tributes they do for him. I always liked Eddie because he was one of the few guys who you actually would want to watch on the mic and in the ring. Those guys are a rarity these days.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 04:42:18 am »
Quote from: "B"
I saw that today on LJ and so thought the dude was messing around. Then I went to wwe.com and saw all the stuff they had up, the news confrence, etc.

It is very sad.

They were just bringing back the Latino Heat gimmick too, which was one of my favorite gimmicks over the past few years.

It will be interesting to see the tributes they do for him. I always liked Eddie because he was one of the few guys who you actually would want to watch on the mic and in the ring. Those guys are a rarity these days.

i know...i couldn't believe it.  I'm actually a few weeks behing on the episodes, but I've been taping them.  Just saw the one where Bastista and Eddie team with Piper.  It was def. cool to see him in the car.  He was so charasmatic all the time.  This is a tough loss for the business...brings back memories of when Owen Hart died.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:34:42 pm »
The tributes they did for him on RAW were very touching.

I really liked how the show ended with Cena putting the "I'm Your Papi" shirt backwards in the ring (with the "Eddie Guerrero" side up), laying the belt on the bottom like he'd be wearing it over the shirt, and leaving the ring. That was a nice ceremonial touch.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 03:55:02 am »
i ended up taping it....i should catch up on everything this week...

i did flip it on near the end when H was talking....what he said was nice, buthim crying almost looked forced.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 04:44:55 pm »
cause of death revealed:  from WWE.com

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 03:01:59 pm »
I was shocked to hear about this. I've watched wrestling on and off since his father Chavo Sr. was fighting. This is really sad. Just like when Andre the Giant died except Andre wasn't active when he passed.