Author Topic: 61*  (Read 2329 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
61*
« on: April 19, 2004, 08:49:07 am »
Awesome movie.  For those who don't know it, it's about the race to hit 61 homeruns, beating Babe Ruth's record, in 1961 between Roger Maris and Micky Mantle.

I hate the Yankees today, but the Yanks of old, I have to admit, was the greatest team.

I cried.  That's right, I'm a big softy when it comes to sports movies.  I don't cry when someone dies in a flick, or when two lovers who are drawn apart are able to get back together, but by God, when Maris hits his 61st homer, it's so friggen emotional.  Then they showed the real footage of Mark MacGuire beating Maris' record, and yeah, that's right, I cried some more damnit...and I'm not afraid to admit it.  So there.  Watch the movie if you haven't.

(P.S.  - I searched for this topic and didn't find it, so forgive me if I missed it)

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
61*
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 11:34:47 am »
WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS THREAD?!

OH MY GOD! THAT IS THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE HISTORY OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE AND I'M GOING TO KEEP TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE I'M PISSED OFF BECAUSE, LIKE, EIGHTEEN PEOPLE TOLD ME, TODAY, THAT THE YANKEES SUCK AND I KEPT THINKING WHAT ABOUT THE PREVIOUS 40,000 YEARS. DID THEY SUCK THEN, BITCH? ESPECIALLY ALEX BECAUSE ALEX IS A RED SOX FAN (AS IS SOME MATTHEW GUY THAT WAS IN THE PAPER TODAY, FROM NEW JERSEY). BUT YEAH. THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME. AND THE YANKEES WILL ALWAYS KICKS YOUR ASS AS WELL AS YOUR MOM'S.

BECAUSE I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.

AND ALSO BARRY PEPPER IS SO HOT. SO IS THOMAS JANE, KIND OF, BUT ONLY SOMETIMES BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE ONE OF MY FRIENDS' DADS. BILLY CRYSTAL IS NOT, BUT HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING BUT DIRECT IT OR PRODUCE IT OR DO ONE OF THOSE THINGS WHERE TALENT ISN'T A CRITERIA OR QUALIFICATION OR NECESSARY ATTRIBUTE.

PEOPLE SAY THE PASSION IS THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD. THEY DON'T KNOW.

BWilli

• View Profile
61*
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 12:10:15 pm »
hmm....interesting reply....

and yes.....the Yankees of the mordern time suck.....in the time of Mantle, DiMaggio, Maris, they were good.....now they're a bunch of over-payed shmucks....but thats a whole 'nother topic....(btw - I'm a Mets fan, haha)

continue on discussing the flick

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
61*
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:16:26 pm »
What does their salary have to do with anythinggg?

I hate when people mention the players' salaries or incomes or how much The Management has spent.

BWilli

• View Profile
61*
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 12:32:59 pm »
because.....it's true.....if you were to pay someone millions upon millions of dollars to play for your team....the person should be worth that amount....case in point, Mr. A-Rod.....they bought him (no matter how you look at it, he was bought) for a lot of money, and he isn't half the player he was when he was on the Rangers....

but again....this topic is about the movie 61*, not about the current Yankees situation..... :D

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
61*
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 12:59:45 pm »
Hey now, I don't want any of that negative talk.