Author Topic: VC on list of 25 Hottest Stars Under 25  (Read 9041 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
VC on list of 25 Hottest Stars Under 25
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:10:42 am »
supposedly in People Mag (or is it Teen People)....

anyone know which number she's at?  I couldn't find it on the net.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:37:06 am »
"Vanessa CarltonThe Poet
"The first time I played for my friends, I made them face the wall.… It was too much for them to look at me," recalls Vanessa Carlton. Considering her success, however, Vanessa's had to get over her shyness--big time. Her platinum 2002 debut disc, Be Not Nobody, connected with fans in such a major way that many call themselves "Nessaholics." And now, as the 23-year-old delivers her heartfelt Harmonium (with guest drumming from Pharrell Williams and backup vocals from rock legend Stevie Nicks), the cult of Carlton grows stronger. The main reason? Vanessa's tunes are so emotionally on-target, it's like she read your diary. Take her single "White Houses": "It's about that chapter in life [starting at age] 17 where you go through all the rites of passage--losing your virginity, having terrible fights, falling in love, breaking up," she says. Luckily, Vanessa's love life is in that blissful phase: Her boyfriend, Stephan Jenkins (of Third Eye Blind fame), coproduced the record. Yet, as she explains, she won't walk a thousand miles for him: "I wouldn't want to be in love with a man who'd want me to walk that far for him!" --Jonathan Small"

http://www.teenpeople.com/teenpeople/25hottest/cg2/0,20255,614157_15,00.html

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 09:49:02 am »
lol vanessa wouldnt walk 1000 miles, teehee.

There are some kewl pics on that page, yay.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 10:23:11 am »
durn, i wanted to post the link!  :wink: lol

Quote from: "Emily"
lol vanessa wouldnt walk 1000 miles, teehee.

There are some kewl pics on that page, yay.

yeah i  :heart: those pics! lol especially that one ^
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

DutchNessaHolic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton2003.tk
lol
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 11:04:47 am »
wow... havent seen any of those pics before

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 11:31:07 am »
Oh wow, great pics!

Thanks for posting them and the link!

-Tanya

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 11:43:14 am »
She'll probably be on the MTV special tonight then, hosten by the Olsen twins.  It's on MTV tonight at 6.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 12:05:40 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
She'll probably be on the MTV special tonight then, hosten by the Olsen twins.  It's on MTV tonight at 6.

Thanks for posting sister! :-D

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 12:33:49 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
"Vanessa CarltonThe Poet
"The first time I played for my friends, I made them face the wall.… It was too much for them to look at me," recalls Vanessa Carlton. Considering her success, however, Vanessa's had to get over her shyness--big time. Her platinum 2002 debut disc, Be Not Nobody, connected with fans in such a major way that many call themselves "Nessaholics." And now, as the 23-year-old delivers her heartfelt Harmonium (with guest drumming from Pharrell Williams and backup vocals from rock legend Stevie Nicks), the cult of Carlton grows stronger. The main reason? Vanessa's tunes are so emotionally on-target, it's like she read your diary. Take her single "White Houses": "It's about that chapter in life [starting at age] 17 where you go through all the rites of passage--losing your virginity, having terrible fights, falling in love, breaking up," she says. Luckily, Vanessa's love life is in that blissful phase: Her boyfriend, Stephan Jenkins (of Third Eye Blind fame), coproduced the record. Yet, as she explains, she won't walk a thousand miles for him: "I wouldn't want to be in love with a man who'd want me to walk that far for him!" --Jonathan Small"

OHHHHHHHHH!!!
wonderful article! thank you for posting!~ :wink:

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 12:53:33 pm »
this makes me even more excited!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 02:11:34 pm »
woot! just watched it! They labled her under "The Poet" which i guess is quite fitting!

Aaaand the most exciting part was when they talked about Harmonium, how hard she's been working on it and how it's going to be the biggest breakthrough or something like that of 2004! That's so awesome cuz now more people than just the ones who look on her website are going to know about it!

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 02:22:49 pm »
OH man.. the VC craze is starting.. slowly but surely.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 02:39:55 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
"Vanessa CarltonThe Poet

Geez, this post I made on the VCMB is kinda related to that I guess.  But it was posted like more than a month later from when she announced the song was going to be the first single.  I haven't heard the song yet either.....

Do you remember when you were perhaps 14? 10?....pick an age......

I remember when I was 14. I was having one hell of a time. I was a freshman in high school. I had to adjust to having several classes rather than just one class in sixth grade where the teacher taught everything. I had to adjust to a whole new social system. I was going thru puberty and such things. I had to think about girls. I had to deal with being a freshman and growing up. I had all these not only new but also very complicated and confusing things to deal with.

I also remember being 18. I was just out of high school. I had to think about what I was going to do with my life. College? Long vacation? work? females? And a whole host of things. But most importantly, I had to learn about being an adult. I had all these new freedoms. I had all these new responsibilities.

Just like at 18, looking back on the problems you had at 14, being 31 gives you a certain perspective on being an adult. The same abilities which gives him the ability to give you so much more also gives him the ability to control you in a way. If that makes sense......

tylor

http://www.vanessacarlton.com/bboard/forumname/viewtopic.asp?topicID=1472120

Quote from: "badsrx7"

I know! I'm getting excited.

tylor

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 02:42:56 pm »
cooooooooo!!!

NESSAHOLICSSS WOOOW!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 02:47:13 pm »
Quote from: "badsrx7"

Woot! I hope so! :-D