Yes
8 (30.8%)
No
18 (69.2%)
What's that?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 26, 2004, 05:08:32 pm

Author Topic: Have you ever self mutilated yourself?  (Read 12359 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Have you ever self mutilated yourself?
« on: May 26, 2004, 05:08:32 pm »
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

LimeTwister

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 05:18:32 pm »
As much as I get "depressed" (that is a semi-literal statement, not to offend anyone who is depressed.) I would not think about doing it.

It would be awful.  I hurt, but I wouldn't make myself hurt more.

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 06:17:30 pm »
Um.. This is a pretty stupid thread.

First of all, cutting yourself is not the way to go.

It just makes you look very.. attention starved.

So, no, I would never mutilate myself, nothing gives you the right to mutilate your body. Granted, one day I may get a tattoo.. still..

Don't do it cause you're depressed. Just, go outside, walk around.. GET A HOBBY.

LimeTwister

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 06:20:33 pm »
Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 06:26:50 pm »
Oh, it's easy to get a hobby.

Sewing. Running. TEA. Make tea!

I just show no sympathy for people who do it cause they say it 'takes the pain away'.

How does pain replace pain?

LimeTwister

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 06:32:39 pm »
It doesn't, it is a stimulation (most likely the wrong word) of that the inner pain that is felt through outer experience.  It's a mental situation opposed to something that is easily controlled.

---------------------

Pours da fairy a cup of tea.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 06:33:55 pm »
my best friend was a cutter, and sometimes still slips. so i disagree with everything fairy said :-P i'm not going to knock your opinion or anything, but maybe because you've never been through it you don't know how intense it is......it took so much out of me and i wasn't even the one cutting! making her see that she was hurting everyone around her, that she was pushing everyone away, that she was slowly decaying in front of my eyes....at 14 it was hell for both of us, and 23495872394587 times worse for her. eventually i had to stop talking to her until she saw what she had become and what she had let it do to her. She's clinically depressed, cutting was something that felt good to her. She tried describing it to me once, she said that she didn't feel like she was conscious when she did it...like she'd be so relaxed and it'd feel so good to her...i can't even comprehend it. it was a cry for attention, but not for anyone but herself. she didn't realize her problems until she started doing it...that's when it all came out.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that i respect your opinion, but just remember you don't know what any situation is like until you've been through it, especially something as serious as this.

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 06:46:36 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
my best friend was a cutter, and sometimes still slips. so i disagree with everything fairy said :-P i'm not going to knock your opinion or anything, but maybe because you've never been through it you don't know how intense it is......it took so much out of me and i wasn't even the one cutting! making her see that she was hurting everyone around her, that she was pushing everyone away, that she was slowly decaying in front of my eyes....at 14 it was hell for both of us, and 23495872394587 times worse for her. eventually i had to stop talking to her until she saw what she had become and what she had let it do to her. She's clinically depressed, cutting was something that felt good to her. She tried describing it to me once, she said that she didn't feel like she was conscious when she did it...like she'd be so relaxed and it'd feel so good to her...i can't even comprehend it. it was a cry for attention, but not from anyone else but herself. she didn't realize her problems until she started doing it...that's when it all came out.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that i respect your opinion, but just remember you don't know what any situation is like until you've been through it, especially something as serious as this.

That's so incredibly sad. But I think it's harder on the people watching their friends fall down than for the cutter themselves....just from personal experience...
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 06:50:55 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
my best friend was a cutter, and sometimes still slips. so i disagree with everything fairy said :-P i'm not going to knock your opinion or anything, but maybe because you've never been through it you don't know how intense it is......it took so much out of me and i wasn't even the one cutting! making her see that she was hurting everyone around her, that she was pushing everyone away, that she was slowly decaying in front of my eyes....at 14 it was hell for both of us, and 23495872394587 times worse for her. eventually i had to stop talking to her until she saw what she had become and what she had let it do to her. She's clinically depressed, cutting was something that felt good to her. She tried describing it to me once, she said that she didn't feel like she was conscious when she did it...like she'd be so relaxed and it'd feel so good to her...i can't even comprehend it. it was a cry for attention, but not from anyone else but herself. she didn't realize her problems until she started doing it...that's when it all came out.

That's so incredibly sad. But I think it's harder on the people watching their friends fall down than for the cutter themselves....just from personal experience...

i've never been in the cutting position so i can't say, but i know it was so freaking hard for me...she just didn't see that what she was doing wrong, and we got in this huge fight in the library and just...ugh. badness. but she's ok now, which is good.

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever self mutilated yourself?
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 07:35:58 pm »

Of course not, don't be silly...I'd never do anything so repulsive.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 08:05:44 pm »
Definatly not.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 11:56:22 pm »
Quote from: "Fairy"

So, no, I would never mutilate myself, nothing gives you the right to mutilate your body. Granted, one day I may get a tattoo.. still..

Don't do it cause you're depressed. Just, go outside, walk around.. GET A HOBBY.

Okay, you are clearly very naieve. I've never considered cutting myself but even I can see how stupid that comment is. 'Attention starved'? People crave attention for a reason. If you think depression is solved as easily as going outside and getting a hobby then you are sorely mistaken.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 03:52:48 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "Fairy"

Okay, you are clearly very naieve. I've never considered cutting myself but even I can see how stupid that comment is. 'Attention starved'? People crave attention for a reason. If you think depression is solved as easily as going outside and getting a hobby then you are sorely mistaken.

agreed

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Re: Have you ever self mutilated yourself?
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 09:50:35 am »
Quote from: "prettybaby!"

Of course not, don't be silly...I'd never do anything so repulsive.

People who do it can't help but do it. Just like alcoholism, drug, and prescription drug abuse . . . Once you start, you can't stop 'til you go to rehab with a bunch of bitches being over-paid because of your sickness. So, don't pretend like you're better than these people with no sense of self-discipline or restraint; they can't help themselves. It's normal to them, it's like brushing your teeth or showering or getting dressed, it fits in with the daily routine.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 10:06:38 am »
I just show no sympathy for people who do it cause they say it 'takes the pain away'.

How does pain replace pain?

pain DOESN'T replace pain.
it's like penance, hurting yourself as punishment for the "bad things" you've done.
i've never done it, but my best friend hacked up her wrists with a steak knife once. it scared the living shit out of me and it's not something to be taken lightly ("make tea-- that's a good hobby!" :roll: ).
there was a point when i felt the same way as Fairy (about self-mutilation as well as suicide), and then she cut herself and my opinion changed. however, i still felt the same about suicide. However, i got to the point very recently where i considered it myself, and now i don't even come close to thinking of it like that. i think suicide is not the answer, but it's also brought about by a very real, very scary condition called depression (which i have), and it's very difficult to overcome feelings you have when you're depressed. the sad thing is that so many kids have feelings of depression and aren't getting the proper treatment, so suicide and self-mutilation are only going to increase in teenagers :cry:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.