Playstation 3 [PS3]
4 (26.7%)
XBOX 360
4 (26.7%)
Nintendo Wii
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 11, 2006, 12:30:57 am

Author Topic: Gamers, What's Your System?  (Read 3605 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Gamers, What's Your System?
« on: December 11, 2006, 12:30:57 am »
I'm not impressed at all by the Wii system, don't want one, don't care for one. Its okay if you are though!  :D

I'm torn between getting an XBOX 360 (any games that you know of that are good?) or a Playstation 3, when we get another shipment in at Best Buy.

What's your system?

8)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

LimeTwister

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:33 am »
The real question is why would anyone in their right mind spend THAT much money for something to play games on?

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:55 am »
Manda, why the heck would you wanna spend $600 for a PS3, seriously?
There are no games as of now and the Blu-Ray player isn't really interesting if you don't plan on buying BR movies or use it with a full HDTV.
Xbox 360, meh, there's only one game that looks good IMHO and that's Blue Dragon (JRPG). I'm not into FPS so I don't think the 360 is good for me.
The Wii is pretty awesome though: sure, you don't get super duper HD graphics but the games look much more interesting, from a gaming point of view (whoever said Zelda is ok in my book ;)).
If you don't wanna decide now, you can always stick with a GameCube, PS2 or original XBox: at least, you'll have lots of games to choose from.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:23:24 pm »
Wii. Don't own one yet, but come Christmas that wiil be my system. ha

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 11:35:57 pm »
lol tim your so clever ;)

I like FPS a lot...and I've always been a huge Playstation fan. As for nintendo not so much, I liked my sega more than my nintendo. Toe Jam and Earl & Sonic ftw  :evil:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:35:19 am »
Wii.

I also plan on getting an xbox360 in the near future, mainly for halo3.
and whatever other games might release for it that i want. but mainly for halo 3.

as for ps3...
haahahahahhahahaa
that system is a joke.

i might get it maybe in like 5 years if the price drops. :roll:

but yeah.

Wii.

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 10:43:33 am »
Seriously, I saw the PS3 yesterday because my cousin finally got one and its so big and bulky and the control looks the same! whats up with that? Eh the Wii doesn't tickle my fancy in any way...I'm all for xbox 360 right now.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 04:49:13 pm »
the controller not only looks the same, it doesn't rumble anymore! :lol:

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 03:08:06 pm »
:!:WARNING: Will be tl;dr:!:

PS3 is an overhyped piece of crap, and with more and more of them getting to stores (and promptly collecting dust), it looks like the majority of gaming pals in the US and Japan have realised what I've been saying all along. ;)

Out of the 3 demo kiosks I've seen at stores so far, only 1 of them wasn't frozen up, so it looks like that AAA Sony quality is back this gen. :D

I played some NBA game at EB, and it didn't look any better than a 360 title; in fact, it looked worse. The controller still sucks, and even the boomerang would have been better than the Dual Shock 3- (oh wait, no rumble, lol) I mean the SIXAXIS. The tilt tech wasn't implemented on that game, so I can't say much about that.

As far as games go, it has Resistance(8.6@Gamespot)... and some 360 and PS3 ports! Yey! I hear Resistance is really good, but if you're into FPS enough to consider getting a system for one game, you may as well spend that money on a 360, Gears of War(9.6@Gamespot) and a Halo 3 preorder. (which by the way, looks AWESOME) And the 2007 lineup is looking meh too, minus MGS4 and White Knight Story. It's not a good investment now, but maybe a couple of years down the line, with a bigger library of games and a hefty price cut.

The Wii is doing very well, and it could very well take Nintendo back to being #1 in consoles and handhelds. Right now, the games I'm into are Zelda: Twilight Princess and the "Wiimake" of Trauma Center. Look for Metroid Prime and Mario Galaxy to complete the Big N's trifecta of gaming goodness this year, along with Smash Brothers and other games. The motion tech will be used better here, because hey, it was Nintendo's idea first.  :)

There's no denying that the 360 is a FPS platform with plentty more on the way, but there's enough for fans of other genres to check it out.
Sports- Madden, NCAA, NBA, baseball
Action- Dead Rising
Fighting- Virtua Fighter 5! Hopefully Soul Calibur 4 as well *_*
Racing- NFS Carbon, Forza 2
RPG- Lacking here, but Oblivion is the shit, and Blue Dragon is on the way. Enchanted Arms is more or less 360's Sudeki. With Bioware and Bethesda backing them, expect original content (Mass Effect <3) as well as returning franchises (Jade Empire).

Like my boy kulpdogg, I'm a Wii60 fan, and I know you can tell. XD
Starbuck is mai waifu