Author Topic: Farenheit 9/11  (Read 7489 times)

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 07:30:25 pm »
Quote from: "clamicas"
Quote from: "BWilli"

and plus....he ruined...RUINED....last years Oscars with his "speech"....

That was the ONLY interesting thing any1 said in that cerymony
Seriously. That telecast was so boring, no one really remembers anything else about that year's Oscars except that speech.

How did he "ruin" it exactly?

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 07:49:28 pm »
haha

I hosted that pic, how cool am I?

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 08:24:15 pm »
A post I made on another board....

I just got back from the theater and here are my initial impressions.

The movie starts off with a 20 minute introduction to the 2000 election fiasco. There were plenty errors of omission, such as the fact that the panel at Fox news that called Florida for Bush had several other members besides Bush's cousin, all Democrats. He also quoted many experts who later changed their minds about the recount. He blasted the Senate for not questioning the official voting returns because of the charges of discrimination against blacks without examining the case, which I personally concluded had no merit. He simultaneously ignored how some votes from the Armed Services were thrown out.

The second section dealt with 9/11. Moore explored how the bin Ladin family knew the Bush family and how the bin Ladins stood to profit in case of a war. He didn't establish any wrongdoing, only that the bin Ladins are very wealthy. Of course power attracts power. The same links could be made between any group of people with so much financial power.

He also blasted Bush for not doing anything about the attacks, showing memos that said "Importance: Routine." Moore ignored that there was no real way Bush could have acted to prevent things from happening with the information he had. Where are they gonna strike? The reports said that the intellegence agencies had no clue.

The third section was a real disappointment. Even if I found flaws in the first two sections, at least they were exciting. Moore felt like he was just exahausting all the footage he had. No real hard facts here, just lots of people talking about how Bush sucks and such. Quite a few people were griping about how Haliburton was getting all these contracts and the bids weren't out there. If you look into the situation, it isn't that suspect. Certainly, this has been happening long before Cheney was V.P. It went on for 90 minutes and I was looking at my watch most of the time.

This won at Cannes on artistic merit? WTF? It's preaching to the choir and it did little to convince me of his cause. As someone who has produced television before, his editing made me uneasy. I saw cuts he was trying to hide and I heard his overlays that were not in the original (like, what kind of director counts outloud after three? FAKE!).
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Laura

• View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 11:28:41 am »
I decided I'm not going to see it.

After hearing a lot of what it's going to show I don't know why anybody would want to see that. Just my opinion.

Xenophanes

Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 12:02:08 pm »
Quote from: "Xenophanes"
I'm going to see it in just an hour or so...I've thought about whethor or not I really want to be giving Moore money, but I've decided that it won't be that much from me, and I do believe in "know thine enemy." :razz:

All the showings were sold out yesterday, so I got tickets for today. I'm going in a few hours with two of my conservative friends 8)

The funny thing is, we live in a very far left town, so there were people at all the showings yesterday wearing blue shirts that said "Beat Bush 2004" and handing out flyers. I thought about wearing a "Condi Rice 2008" button I made a while back to spite them, but I decided I like my legs unbroken :lol:

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 01:25:13 pm »
The funny thing is, we live in a very far left town

Why are you Conservative? (I'm just asking, by the way, because . . . yeah, you said you live in a far left town. So yyyeah.)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 04:07:09 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Extreme Left propaganda the summer before the election.

Moore wont get a bloody cent from me.

I'm seeing it tonight. Been looking forward to it. It's made 8.4 million in the first day so it will most likely be the #1 movie this week.

Left wingers may make propaganda movies but at least they don't try to get Presidents impeached over irrelevant issues.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2004, 04:33:29 pm »
Perjury is a very serious crime. Ask any lawyer.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Xenophanes

Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 07:29:57 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"
The funny thing is, we live in a very far left town

Why are you Conservative? (I'm just asking, by the way, because . . . yeah, you said you live in a far left town. So yyyeah.)

I think that it's actually mainly a hereditary thing having to do with my personality. Generally describing me, one could use the term "conservative" in a non-political sense--I like routine and order, I prefer to stick with things that I know. I've always thought that if one has that sort of mindset to begin with, it certainly makes it more probably that you're going to be conservatively aligned politically.

The reason I said hereditary is that I get a lot of my personality from my grandfather...and not just the "conservative" part. We both like green, we're both stubborn, we both like iceberg lettuce :) He and I are now the two (yay...we have two!) Republicans in our family. It was only a few years ago that I really decided that I was conservative, though; before then I hadn't paid much attention to politics, but hearing more about it in the media, and terms such as right wing and left wing, I wanted to know more about them. Looking into the positions that the Republican Party has and the Democratic Party has, I realized that my own personal views plus my religious beliefs (Roman Catholic) mesh much more nicely with the Grand Order of Pachyderms.

So I guess, in summary, what I'm trying to say is that the environment I'm living in hasn't had much of an overall effect on my political views...I'm just an oddball for my town :razz:

I hope that made some sense and I didn't just make a fool of myself :)

LimeTwister

Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2004, 08:45:06 pm »
I thought about wearing a "Condi Rice 2008" button I made a while back to spite them, but I decided I like my legs unbroken :lol:

she can avoid a question better than anyone I know!

Laura

• View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2004, 10:59:32 pm »
:roll:

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2004, 11:27:40 am »
i really enjoyed it
xoxo

i am a fan of michael moore

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2004, 12:27:43 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i really enjoyed it
xoxo

i am a fan of michael moore

me too, I can't wait to watch it   :D

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 08:34:34 pm »
On Jimmy Kimmel just a couple minutes ago he said that they were talking about how F911  was the largest grossing documentary on opening weekend or whatever...But know they are talking about Jackass The Movie being counted as a documentary, and it made a million more! This is too funny!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
Farenheit 9/11
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2004, 06:13:33 pm »
oh I just watched it and it's really good!
I know it's really one-sided but yeah, that's how it's supposed to be... cuz it's not a report... it's his point of view...

anyway, it's definitely worth a watch...

oh yeah, and the ice cream car scene is hilarious!!!