Author Topic: The Village  (Read 15705 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
The Village
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2004, 06:19:45 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
i saw it......can't decide whether i like it or not :-P it didn't really seem to have a plot...i mean, i got the message of the story....but there just wasn't a solid plot line to really follow. some parts were weak, and just not well explained, imo.

Hello and welcome to the movies of M Night.

i've only ever seen signs by him, and i honestly didn't find it scary at all :-P in fact i fell asleep during the middle of it, woke up a half hour later, and discovered that there wasn't any progression in the plot line.

so i guess i won't be seeing his movies anymore :razz:

His movies are about moods, tension and how the characters respond to them.  Not about plot twists or making you jump out of your seat.

They are sociology studies.  People who don't like them are either A) too lazy to want to work at liking the movie B) Not interested in sociology or C) Don't get it.

*shrug*
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
The Village
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2004, 09:56:45 pm »
Quote from: "prettybaby!"
I saw it last night.  It sucked.  I want my 10 bucks back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! YOU DIDN'T GET IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

n00b.

Silly whore...I don't believe I was speaking to you.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
The Village
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2004, 05:53:16 am »
I saw it last night.  It sucked.  I want my 10 bucks back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! YOU DIDN'T GET IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

n00b.

Silly whore...I don't believe I was speaking to you.

Silly Child, I don't believe I care.

Pst.  I am a whore.  So that's not an insult.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
The Village
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2004, 09:04:00 pm »
i saw it......can't decide whether i like it or not :-P it didn't really seem to have a plot...i mean, i got the message of the story....but there just wasn't a solid plot line to really follow. some parts were weak, and just not well explained, imo.

i've only ever seen signs by him, and i honestly didn't find it scary at all :-P in fact i fell asleep during the middle of it, woke up a half hour later, and discovered that there wasn't any progression in the plot line.

His movies are about moods, tension and how the characters respond to them.  Not about plot twists or making you jump out of your seat.

They are sociology studies.  People who don't like them are either A) too lazy to want to work at liking the movie B) Not interested in sociology or C) Don't get it.

*shrug*

I agree with you. A lot of people I know that went to see the movie were unimpressed because of what the previews portayed, in that they were expecting this"Piss your pants off horror". It's just a good suspense like "Signs" from what I've heard.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
The Village
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2004, 11:46:22 am »

*shrug*

true. i never thought of it that way. i assumed he made thriller movies because people always said how scary they were.

i liked the whole idea that he had (*note:spoilers*) - creating an alternate reality and life; trying to be an idealist in a world where being an idealist won't get you anywhere. I guess it's just the ending that bugs me so much. That ending was cheap.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
The Village
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2004, 05:38:17 am »

*shrug*

true. i never thought of it that way. i assumed he made thriller movies because people always said how scary they were.

i liked the whole idea that he had (*note:spoilers*) - creating an alternate reality and life; trying to be an idealist in a world where being an idealist won't get you anywhere. I guess it's just the ending that bugs me so much. That ending was cheap.

Yeah.  I heard so many people say things like "That plot twist was so lame" or "I saw that coming a mile away."  Well, DUH.  If you go in LOOKING for a plot twist you are probably gonna get it.

But that's not the point of the movie.

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
The Village
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2004, 07:27:24 am »
i like the twist, i just don't like how he dropped the movie. it felt like he got tired of filming so he just stopped in the middle of a scene. which may be the point, because it triggers the audience to think about what they just watched, but it still bugs me :razz:

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
The Village
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2004, 07:44:38 am »
It was a stupid movie

period.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
The Village
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 12:12:35 am »
I saw it tonight.
I for one loved it.
Granted the ending was predicable. But the ending isnt everything. I mean is the "water" in Signs that important? not really.
I laughed so much when the girl at the beginning was crushed by Lucious. I know its bad to laugh when someone gets hurt, but that was just cold.

I did jump once or twice during the movie.

magic rocks. pft!

Xenophanes

The Village
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004, 02:24:50 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
magic rocks. pft!

You try walking through a haunted woods without them... :razz:

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Village
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2004, 06:50:25 am »
M. Night Shyamalan was born in Pondicherry!!! Not vary far from my home India!!!!

I loved SIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Village is coming this weekend!!

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
The Village
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2004, 07:57:17 am »
Quote from: "nessaRox"
M. Night Shyamalan was born in Pondicherry!!! Not vary far from my home India!!!!

Oooh...I never noticed you were from India! I'm half Pakistani :)

The Village is coming over here this weekend too - I'm definitley gonna go see it.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
The Village
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2004, 10:39:10 am »
Quote from: "Tia"
Quote from: "nessaRox"

Oooh...I never noticed you were from India! I'm half Pakistani :)

The Village is coming over here this weekend too - I'm definitley gonna go see it.

Me too. Although I'm away this weekend, so no doubt my spiteful friends will all watch it without me :?

-Kev

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
The Village
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2004, 11:52:20 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Me too. Although I'm away this weekend, so no doubt my spiteful friends will all watch it without me :?

You need new friends. Going anywhere interesting?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
The Village
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2004, 05:38:47 pm »
I finally saw it and actually thought it was a really good movie. The twist of the story line and the end when they leave for help was great!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."