yes
18 (58.1%)
no
12 (38.7%)
i have no idea
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: July 26, 2004, 10:19:54 am

Author Topic: German  (Read 24856 times)

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
German
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2004, 09:23:11 pm »
Germans . . .

Oh, that's right, you mean NAZIS. Nazis were spread to Austria as well. Where's the hate there? You hate one country because of a fraction of its population's beliefs. Quite mature, if I do say so myself. Hating Germans because part of the population, the Nazis, were a potent and persuasive (equaling) influential - not to mention delusional - group is like saying you hate America because a fraction of Americans are Catholics. Or Jews. Or Wiccans. Or Atheists.

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
German
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2004, 09:59:00 pm »
It's true. I don't like catholics either. I thought you knew that though.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
German
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2004, 01:08:38 am »
Quote from: "Moogs21"
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
No...I hate germans. I think a lot of jews do.

Don't blame you for thinking that

I do. It's an irrational thing to think.

Quote from: "Moogs21"
please...jews have to be quiet about their religion because today they are still being hated on. No. I won't be quiet about it. They had no problem being loud about their hate for us and their love for hitler....so yeah, I still hate them...just as they probably hate us.

Let's examine you're reasons for hating modern Germans?

1. You hate modern Germans for the actions of past Germany. I could understand this if Nazism was genetically inherited. Obviously it isn't and this reason is BS.

2. You hate Germans because some Germans still "hate on" Jews. Every country has these groups. Ever heard of the BNP? Does that mean you hate all British people too? What about the National Front? Do you hate all of the French as well? The KKK? All Americans? This reason is BS.

3. You hate Germans because "they probably hate us". You're basing your hatred on a probably? I wonder how many past Germans went along with Nazism because "Hitler is probably right". This reason is double BS.

Now let's deduce the obvious conclusion: Oops, you're prejudiced. Your obsurd attitude is not dissimilar to that of a Nazi.

Wake up. Like Cece said, you have cause to hate NAZIS (who exist in every country) not Germans.

-Kev

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
German
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2004, 08:51:40 am »
:D

And what did Catholics do to you? If anything, we should probably dislike you (and ancient Rome, but that I refuse to hate) for persecuting and executing us - Christians - because we didn't believe what your people believed.

I wish that people today had reason to hate or support things. Like these 11-year-old kids who are so anti-Bush, it makes me sick. Do you think they know why, or is it because the Dixie Chicks are? Or just like those 20-year-old rich boys, driving their Dads' cars and voting Republican, because their fathers do as well. Or these "Gothic" "Satanists" who wear a pentacle. Or everyone hating Catholics because of the previous years' scandals.

So much bullshit.

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
German
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2004, 09:10:57 am »
YAY. Another religion/politics thread. How wonderful. (/sarcasm)

I wonder why almost everything has to be turned into one of those.

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
German
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2004, 09:17:21 am »
Because talking about the weather is boring.

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
German
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 10:42:51 am »
You know that's a lie . . .

sayyouwould

• View Profile
German
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 04:25:18 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"

you have cause to hate NAZIS (who exist in every country) not Germans.

-Kev

Germans watched my family in the concentration camps dying. I can hate both the nazis and germans.

PIBby

• View Profile
    • Email
German
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 04:55:07 pm »
What you just said is probably one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard . . . ever.

You hate Nazis because they hated Jews. Isn't that a bit hypocritical? "I'm going to hate Nazis and Germans (though bits of Germany had nothing to do with Nazism) because they hated people for of what they believed." Is that not the same as, "I hate Jews for what they believe"?

You're just as much of a biased ass as Nazis were if you're going to stick with your, "I hate Germans, Catholics, and anyone who isn't Jewish" philosophy.

There's no REASON to hate Germans, hon. Really, none at all.

Do I hate ancient Rome for what they did to the early Church? Of course not.

Time is irrelevant. Murder is murder. Don't bring up the fact that the Catholics' and Christians' executions took place 2000 years ago, and Holocaust was nothing shy of 65.

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
German
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2004, 07:35:16 pm »
to answer the original question- i am not german at all! :-)

and to sayyouwould- how the heck can you hate people you don't even know?  do you hate me because i am catholic? you don't even know me... so how can you say you hate most catholics?  to be honest, being so judgmental in life is going to take away many amazing opportunities and learning experiences.. and furthermore, to hate someone for what they believe in, you will miss out on incredible relationships and friendships merely because you are judgmental....

i hope for your sake that you open your eyes and see that you can't hate people for what they are or what they believe in... you will lead a very sad, lonely life if you do not.

[/b]
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
German
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 09:27:31 pm »
This has been a little over stated, but in a different way (hopefull)

I do. It's an irrational thing to think.

I ment that I knew what she was coming from... I know, I didn't say that, sorry :(

Germans watched my family in the concentration camps dying. I can hate both the nazis and germans.

NAZIs did watch your family die. And yes, that's a horrible thing, no doubt about it!

Nazis arn't just German.
For Christs sake, we have Illinois Nazis!!

I'm still blown away about your hatred of Germans

I'M GERMAN. DO YOU HATE ME FOR SOMETHING THAT MAYBE, MAYBE MY ANCESTORS DID? DO YOU THINK I'M IN CONTROL OF THOSE PEOPLE????

My grandpa is a large percentage of German. And you know what, he was the one to first talk to me about all of the horrible things that occured in this time period.

Germans, the ones you'd walk down the street with, did not watch your family die.

I have a 17 year old friend who lives in Germany. Did she watch your family die? NO. She is 17 and lives in Germany. Why should you hate her?
I've had conversations with this girl about WW2 and everything.

She said that when she is taught German history, they say and teach that the holocaust was wrong. They admit their huge mistake (which the US doesn't, but that's another story).. They arn't saying how great Hitler is...

Now I'm sure there are people out there that do. DUMBASSES

I live in Illinois, and we still have idiots running around with a confederate flag screaming "the south will rise again" and threatening their black peers. Why? Because they are stupid!!! Racism is learned behavior.
RACISM IS STUPID! And to think--the civil war was HOW long ago?

Besides, if you'd like to open a history book, not everyone knew about the concentration camps. Yes, Hitler, but they didn't realise what a montser he was, untill he was already in control of too much power.

I've read holocaust survivor books, and it mentioned that the GERMANS around them, didn't know what was going on.

Did you know Hitler was a portion Jewish?

So why are you hating on Germans (and Catholics) when you don't like it when people hate Jewish people. Hmm... Maybe if you could... STOP the hate, eventually things might calm down.

Hate doesn't stop hate, it creates it.

So why do you pratice hate? Hating people you don't even know is just going to make problems worse, and it's NOT EVER going to make anything better!

((sorry for the poor grammar and spelling... I get extremely worked up about racism, and I just start typing. I guess that's what happens when you see your Black friends being called N's, and your German friend has been called Nazis right in your face. These are good people, just with a background a little different from other people. There is no need for hate))

sayyouwould

• View Profile
German
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 09:40:57 pm »
ha ha

I actually don't mine German people or Catholic people. My mom happens to be half catholic. I just like to see you all get worked up.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
German
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2004, 12:17:09 am »
ha ha

I actually don't mine German people or Catholic people. My mom happens to be half catholic. I just like to see you all get worked up.

Hint: For those kind of jokes to be funny the wind up has to be at least slightly unbelievable. This isn't funny because, considering your track record of well below average intelligence, it's not at all surprising that people bought it.

-Kev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
German
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2004, 06:54:49 am »
ha ha

Hint: For those kind of jokes to be funny the wind up has to be at least slightly unbelievable. This isn't funny because, considering your track record of well below average intelligence, it's not at all surprising that people bought it.

-Kev

Can't we get here banned for trolling?  Seriously.  Why do we put up with her stupidity?  Would anyone but her complain?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
German
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2004, 07:48:20 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
ha ha

-Kev

Can't we get here banned for trolling?  Seriously.  Why do we put up with her stupidity?  Would anyone but her complain?

no.  because.  i doubt it
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.