Author Topic: Vanessa on Z100 Morning Show - 08/23/2004  (Read 13980 times)

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Vanessa on Z100 Morning Show - 08/23/2004
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2004, 12:24:15 am »
i woke up just in time to hear it..
i was so happy to hear papa was on it.

aww i can't wait for her to tour as well.
it will be the best day of my life.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2004, 05:58:21 am »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
Quote from: "Xenophanes"
really she can't sing in C that well live

How does she sing Ordinary Day, then? Or Twilight? Paint it Black? Paradise? (I know she doesn't do that one live, but for the AOL Sessions performance she sounded fine, and that was a similar setting to the z100 performance) I could understand your idea working for the high pitched parts, though, that would make sense...just I don't think it's fair to say that she doesn't sing well in C in general.

Sorry I sound pretty pissed off at the beginning of this post; it's not supposed to be taken that way :P

well i stated that that was just my theory. i'm not saying that it's fact she can't sing well in C. I haven't heard her live many times to really believe she can't. what i meant is maybe it's harder for her to sing that particular song with all the interval jumps in C, rather than B.

Amanda

It makes a lot of sense to me. Ordinary Day, Twilight, etc. aren't NEARLY a difficult vocally. WH has such drastic changes between high and low notes (like Amanda said), and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the reason she changed it. I personally was shocked when I heard her sing that high in WH in the recording, it seemed almost unreal.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2004, 06:04:01 am »
maybe it was the time of the morning :wink:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2004, 10:35:42 am »

How does she sing Ordinary Day, then? Or Twilight? Paint it Black? Paradise? (I know she doesn't do that one live, but for the AOL Sessions performance she sounded fine, and that was a similar setting to the z100 performance) I could understand your idea working for the high pitched parts, though, that would make sense...just I don't think it's fair to say that she doesn't sing well in C in general.

Sorry I sound pretty pissed off at the beginning of this post; it's not supposed to be taken that way :P

Why doesn't Vanessa ever perform "Paradise" live?  Is it b/c it's a real tragic song?  When I saw her in concert last year, I was a little disapointed not to hear it...it doesn't *seem* too hard to do live...I've always wondered..
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2004, 10:43:04 am »
Because its such a dreary song! It would drag a bit if it was played live i think.

Oops! Did i just wind up all those Paradise lovers!? bwahaha.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2004, 10:52:04 am »
she talked about paradise at the DVD taping and played a little of it - so maybe that will be included and you can hear that yourself
xoxo

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2004, 11:09:53 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
she talked about paradise at the DVD taping and played a little of it - so maybe that will be included and you can hear that yourself
xoxo

Ooh..cool.  Thanks for the info. I look forward to the possibility of hearing some of it. I understand that it is a bit of a downer..that's why I figured she didn't play it (or she just din't like it).
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2004, 11:57:52 am »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"
lol. she changed it to B because she can't sing in C live. lol. probably in the studio her voice was enhanced so she could sing in C ( high pitch) but really she can't sing in C that well live so she plays it in B live so she doesn't sound so bad. that's my theory

Amanda

Blasphemy!

c'mon. you have to admit that when she sang WH it wasn't very good. reeeally flat.

Quote from: "amberbeads"

well i stated that that was just my theory. i'm not saying that it's fact she can't sing well in C. I haven't heard her live many times to really believe she can't. what i meant is maybe it's harder for her to sing that particular song with all the interval jumps in C, rather than B.

Amanda

It makes a lot of sense to me. Ordinary Day, Twilight, etc. aren't NEARLY a difficult vocally. WH has such drastic changes between high and low notes (like Amanda said), and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the reason she changed it. I personally was shocked when I heard her sing that high in WH in the recording, it seemed almost unreal.

same here. i remember myself saying "wow, she can sing high now."
haha

Amanda

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2004, 12:17:19 pm »
i will not ruin her explanation --- but she talks about the roots of the song - and about why she doesn't play it - and it's not what you expect...
so i will let you wait and hear her tell it - and if it isnt included - well then i will tell ya!

LimeTwister

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2004, 12:50:42 pm »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
also, we know 2 songs at least lol...White Houses and Papa.

We know 20 percent of the album  8O LOL  :wink:

I know...we're so special.  :razz:

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2004, 02:05:19 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i will not ruin her explanation --- but she talks about the roots of the song - and about why she doesn't play it - and it's not what you expect...
so i will let you wait and hear her tell it - and if it isnt included - well then i will tell ya!

Wow, if that's not on the dvd, I'll have to take you up on that! I love hearing the stories behind songs.
 :blueblob: The anticipation for VC's cd/dvd just keeps building & building...I noticed that they started listing the Japan releases on Amazon...(of that dvd would not be the correct region to work on my dvd player), so I'll have to wait no matter what.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2004, 02:18:49 pm »
note* the XBOX - plays both region 1 and region 2 - DVDs
xoxo

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2004, 02:25:41 pm »
I have a dvd-rom in my computer, so I watch most dvds, using that. It's configured to watch region 1 dvds, but I think there might be way to tinker with it to play region2 but I don't want to tempt "the gods".(it's over 4 yrs old).. then again, I have a dual boot system between linux and win2000, so I mgiht be able to find a linux dvd player software that can take care of the region stuff.... If any fellow computer geeks out there have an info, please let me know.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands