> FAQ / Board Issues

Question Concerning Moved Topics

(1/3) > >>

TSE:
Why do they stay in their original section of the board with "Moved" by them.  Isn't the point of moving then to remove them from the wrong discussion area and put them where they belong?

Just Wondering . . .to me it would make more sense but . . .

EXCUSE ME JOEYYYYYYYYY

kev222:
It's so that people don't just think their topic was deleted for no reason. The shadow threads are not bumped or indicated as having new posts (and all posts in them go into the moved thread), so they soon fall off the bottom of the page into oblivion :)

Edit: It also helps to inform others about what kind of thing belongs in each area ;-)

-Kev

LostDwarf:
while we're on the topic.  Say there's a thread about a show but new info has arrised, would making a post about it be ok but then it could be locked?

Mike

TSE:
Ahhhhhhhh

I see . . .thanks for relieving my curiosity

kaysha:

--- Quote from: "LostDwarf" ---Say there's a thread about a show but new info has arrised, would making a post about it be ok but then it could be locked?

--- End quote ---

All information should be maintained in the therad most appropriate.  Say there is discussion about the show in NYC... if you get more information about what Vanessa will be playing or wearing -- that goes in the existing topic... no need to start a new one.

If you have a new topic like... "Meet up in NYC for June 3rd concert!"... that should go in a different thread because the existing thread is for the show, not the meet up.

If people want new info for the show, they'll read the thread.  If the thread goes off topic in the middle, it will be split and only pertinent info left in the thread.

Never, at any time should the goal be to start a new topic but have it locked shortly after... locking is when something is done wrong... :)

Here is a good example: http://forums.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?p=5085#5085 ... this was done absolutely correctly and the Mods <3 this :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version