John Kerry
17 (34%)
I'm not voting.
5 (10%)
I'm too young to vote.
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: October 01, 2004, 06:52:55 am

Author Topic: Who are YOU voting for in November?  (Read 41452 times)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Who are YOU voting for in November?
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2004, 12:52:56 pm »
Quote from: "Corrsgirl1"
you guys still vote on paper???
i thought only half moder country's like russia still did that!!

there's a big debate over eletronic voting booths. More open to fraud or votes being deleted.

mysql> update ELECTION_DATABASE set FLORIDA_VOTES = COUNTED_VOTES+100000
where USER_ID = BUSHCHENEY;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

:twisted:

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2004, 02:40:55 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Ummm, we still vote on paper?

So do we  :?  Didn't think it was that third world-y

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2004, 04:47:54 pm »
As a nerd, I trust computers about as far as I can throw them. Paper trail is a MUST!
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2004, 03:37:46 am »
Quote from: "m125_boy"
As a nerd, I trust computers about as far as I can throw them. Paper trail is a MUST!

I couldn't agree more.

I hope we never go to computerised voting. What's to stop someone like Fullerene getting the contract? :?

Terrifying.

-Kev

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2004, 04:08:24 am »
I'm undecided between Badnarik and Kerry.  I don't want Bush in office, but I also don't want to vote for a democrat.

Beyond not wanting to vote for Bush, I don't even want to vote for a republican.  If it wasn't enough just on Bush being in office, even if another republican was in office and/or running I STILL wouldn't vote for them.

It would have to be a pretty great candidate before I would vote for either the republican or demoratic parties.  Unless one was SO bad I'm almost forced to vote for the other just to save the country from certain peril.  Some republicans might say you don't know what Kerry is going to do, but possible peril is better than CERTAIN peril.

tylor

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2004, 11:53:21 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
I hope we never go to computerised voting. What's to stop someone like Fullerene getting the contract?

That nightmare is a reality in some parts of the US. A company named Diebold is making voting machines that have been repeatedly demonstrated to be vunerable to tampering and such. It is so bad, the California Attorney General is suing the company for misrepresentation!

Alecs

• View Profile
anywho
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2004, 02:08:16 am »
all this political arguing took awhile to read.
1st of all one man doesn't control the entire government or country or the world.

I like Kerry as a person and he likes good music but... that doesn't mean I want him for President.

Let's tax the people that have money and make it suck for those that have cash or OWN THEIR OWN BUSINESSES. I don't know about you kids but when my boss gets the shaft we all get the shaft. That's just my experience. When you tax the hell outta those doing well it trickles down the chain and we all feel it. It's almost like Communism. It's like we have to all make the same otherwise we are punished for it.

In the Bible (for those still interested) it says to pay 10 percent. That means if someone who has one dollar it's a dime and those who have 100 pay 10 bucks. The Democrats wanna make those that make more pay more than the percentage. It's like 30 percent more. Fair? negative Correct? ummm hmmm not really....

"What. You make how much for doing well??!?!?! Well by God we are gonna tax your ass and give that cash to somebody somewhere." What a GREAT FUCKING INCENTIVE TO TRY HARDER.

Vote however you want peeps. What's odd, is that in my entire life it really hasn't affected me or my life regardless what political party was in office.

:?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

LimeTwister

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2004, 05:22:34 am »
Yea, but giving the richest people in America a larger tax break than the poorest makes no sense.

The rich can afford to pay a little more taxes...and don't start with "they worked for it"...because it's not true in every case. There are single mothers who have to work multiple jobs, in some cases go to school for a better job, and still pay for and raise their children... I work with one of these single mothers...has she gotten a tax break? No.

Hey, did you know Bush can consider himself a small business owner?

Obviously, the tax cuts aren't working properly *looks at the deficit.*

Oh--and America runs on the Constituion, not the Bible.

LimeTwister

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2004, 06:39:29 am »
Friday, October 22, 2004

BUSH SUPPORTERS ARE WILDLY MISINFORMED

From Judd Legum’s blog, excerpted from the PIPA study:

- 75% believe Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda.

- 74% believe Bush favors including labor and environmental standards in agreements on trade.

- 72% believe Iraq had WMD or a program to develop them.

- 72% believe Bush supports the treaty banning landmines.

- 69% believe Bush supports the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.

- 61% believe if Bush knew there were no WMD he would not have gone to war.

- 60% believe most experts believe Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda. (An additional 19% think Iraq was directly involved in 9/11. Gallup had 62% on this question.)

- 58% believe the Duelfer report concluded that Iraq had either WMD or a major program to develop them.

- 57% believe that the majority of people in the world would prefer to see Bush reelected.

- 56% believe most experts think Iraq had WMD.

- 55% believe the 9/11 report concluded Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda.

- 51% believe Bush supports the Kyoto treat

Julie

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - juls21487@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - golddust214
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Juls21487
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/julie214
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2004, 10:46:30 am »
Concerning the argument about gay marriage.  Just because you are gay or bisexual and you don't want to get married, doesn't mean you should just vito the fact that everyone has the right to marriage.  I think it's terrible to give Bush your vote.

I'm too young, I'm 17, but if I was of age, I would definitely vote for Kerry.
"If only I could get into that corner of your head."

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2004, 07:42:28 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Yea, but giving the richest people in America a larger tax break than the poorest makes no sense.

Obviously, the tax cuts aren't working properly *looks at the deficit.*

Oh--and America runs on the Constituion, not the Bible.

The deficit as in the crap load of money the US has spent on the war or due to 9-11?

And about the Bible, it was just a comparison of equality from person to person.

I think you have valid points Joe.

I'm on your side more than not. :)

We could sit forever and point out what's wrong. There are plenty. It seems like everyone only notices or remembers what's wrong rather than the good. What do we do to fix it? Do we really think that everything will change just because one person Kerry is in office? I don't think it's possible for one guy to control or correct everything that's wrong in our country or world today.  :?

Voting for Kerry isn't fixing the problems we all complain about, it just changes the name of who is office in my opinion. We still have a huge Congress and Senate who make decisions as well.

If it were up to me I would vote for John Stewart but that's not and option. At least I feel like I know exactly where he stands on issues.   :D

Peace.
 :wink:
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

LimeTwister

« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2004, 11:31:43 am »
Which war "due to 9-11"?

And, yea, the Congress and the Senate control most of everything, but bills could be persuaded by the President.

Also, the next president this term will more than likely pick the next Supreme Court justice.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2004, 10:59:13 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Also, the next president this term will more than likely pick the next Supreme Court justice.

And that is why we CAN'T let Kerry win. He'd appoint someone who doesn't understand the simple concepts like "Amendment X," Art. 1 sec. 8, and enumerated powers. The Supreme Court is enough of a farce as is with Ginsburg and Stevens. The LAST thing this nation needs are more Supreme Court judges who try to overrule the legislature for no reason other than their ideological agendas. Regardless of whether you think that abortion should be legal or not, do you think the Supreme Court was in it's right mind when it decided 5-4 in Roe v. Wade that abortion was a constitutional right under the 5th amendment right to privacy? That's a judicial tradition that needs to end.

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2004, 06:13:28 am »
I'm voting for Bush, and being in the army, I'm just dooming myself to a future deployment to the middle east in doing so, sad.............
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2004, 05:15:17 pm »
Only 2 days left of attack ads, mail propaganda and all that other crap that's cluttered all our senses for the last several months.