Author Topic: Gwen Stefani  (Read 20442 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Gwen Stefani
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2006, 05:23:08 pm »
i know i feel old too even tho im only 20 lol. the only group from the 90's that haven't completely changed or broken up as far as i know are the backstreet boys, which is probably why im still a diehard fan of theirs. of course their style has changed to a more mature sound, but at least they aren't doing what everyone else is trying to do & work with the neptunes or some major hip-hop artist. thats probably why everyone thinks they broke up.

even V's jumping on the bandwagon..

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Gwen Stefani
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2006, 07:16:14 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

even V's jumping on the bandwagon..

'tis a bit scary, but it could mean her a new world of success, who knows? I'm trying to imagine a hip-hop or "gwen" version of her and can't really wrap my mind around it. Just a side note: On Fiona Apple's amazing and most recent record, Extraordinary Machine, there are two songs produced by a guy Jon Brion, who originally had produced the whole album (and I believe her other two previous records), which was somewhat rejected by Sony. Then this guy Mike Elizondo, who's supposedly known for his work with Dr. Dre and other hip hop artists, completed production by remixing 9 of the tracks.  I'm a huge Fiona Fan and Extraordinary Machine does have a different feel, but it was her best-selling album, went gold (maybe platinum now?), and it's definitely deserving--no hypersexuality or senseless lyrics involved. Who knows what Irv could bring to the table? Maybe some shit, or maybe "the shit." I hope it's fantastic, but harmonium and bnn is enough vanessa to last me a few years!

erm, sorry for going way off topic here. Go Gwen!

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Gwen Stefani
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2006, 01:26:06 am »
yeah i have that Fiona album (tho i havent listened to it in a long time) & it's actually the only one i have of hers. but it's really good.

hopefully V doesn't change too much.. i bet the backstreet boys are gonna work with a hip-hop producer on this new cd their making, cuz like Vanessa their comeback one didn't do too well. in fact im gonna make a topic on their forum & ask if they are or not.

anyways, yeah sorry to go off topic ha