Author Topic: 11/1/2004: Birchmere - Alexandria, VA (review)  (Read 3748 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
11/1/2004: Birchmere - Alexandria, VA (review)
« on: November 01, 2004, 08:22:15 pm »
[discussion]

omg, i come back to this thread being more about me than nessa... bad bad

anyway.. just got back from the show and it was really good.  I'll post the set list later and a funny story about Low Millions (taylor singing, on stage) and vanessa's attempt at the wreckage... teehee

I had fun hanging with Nicole tho =)

-katia

p.s. off to setup teh TiVo!!!!!!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

ET Phone Home

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - jennifer_conrado@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - urnotawombat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 02:00:53 pm »
i was there too  :D .......and i think i know exactly who u all were...but im not sure...but anyway ..not important just kinda cool   :wink:
ppl say i suffer from insanity ......i dont..i enjoy every minute of it

Until I Dont

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • ICQ Messenger - 127923993
    • MSN Messenger - leemute@hotmail
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arbitridiesirae
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - leemute@yahoo
    • View Profile
    • Email
So
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 07:28:47 pm »
This is how it went down. For those that aren't familiar with the Birchmere, it's in Alexandria, about 2 minutes from old town, and about 25 minutes from the heart of DC. It's a nice place where you sit down to long dining tables or short booths to enjoy the show. I am the Taylor that lives with the Katia that happened to be sitting at a table with 4 excited young girls maxing out just under 13 years of age, and two of their adult chaperones. The Low Millions came out, and took direction from Katia who is very comfortale with their set list. Then they moved onto Nikki and during a little ad lib break, Michael began playing She Will Be Loved, compliments of James Valentine from Maroon 5. Then it was Adam's turn to begin a song and he chose Cry me a river. He started on the chous, and I started chiming in on the descant "Cry Me, Cry Mes." Adam then invited me on stage to sing, and I screeched out the begining of a verse. It was funny, and then they went on to play Julia, and Statue. Then Nessa came out, did her thing, which was awesome, and couldn't get through the Wreckage because she was laughing so much. Despite the sob story on the official vc boards, this is how it went down: As most of you have heard Rinse is about her obsessive friend, that clings a little too tightly to men gone by. Well Vanessa admitted that all girls have that little switch, and suggested that she simply had not tapped into her reserve of craziness as she began to play the wreckage and delved into her morbid fantasies of autocide, I let her know that she had just hit the motherload of craziness. She went back to playing the song, and 5 seconds in she stopped to laugh and acknowledge the joke. Then she went back to playing but could not plow through. That's the truth.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 07:32:04 pm »
Quote from: "ET Phone Home"
i was there too  :D .......and i think i know exactly who u all were...but im not sure...but anyway ..not important just kinda cool   :wink:
were you up front?  like uber up front?  WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL US?????
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

ET Phone Home

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - jennifer_conrado@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - urnotawombat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 09:29:13 pm »
yes i was in the front...like uber up front.........i didnt tell cuz i didnt know that u were going til after the show when i came on here and found out cuz i didnt look before and so yea......
ppl say i suffer from insanity ......i dont..i enjoy every minute of it