Author Topic: rate my Harmonium review!  (Read 2169 times)

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
rate my Harmonium review!
« on: November 12, 2004, 05:54:20 pm »
SO, for English I was supposed to write a detailed but short review about a new CD, book, or movie...(I also used it for the Harmaniacs mission of the week lol) and I picked Harmonium. Tell me what you guys think....(I think it's supposed to sound professional so I wrote it like a critic would)

Vanessa Carlton has done it again, with the followup to her 2002 platnum debut album, Be Not Nobody. Harmonium is jam packed with spine tingling melodies and lyrics to match. From the airy, romantic sounds of "San Francisco," to the dark and scary "She Floats," There is something on Harmonium to match every mood. The lyrics (especially on the top-30 single, White Houses) are like reading someone's diary. Vanessa Carlton has truly shown her growth as an artist with her sophomore album. Harmonium is a sheer work of art. I highly recomend it. Five stars, hands down.
 :D

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Re: rate my Harmonium review!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 08:11:59 pm »
Quote from: "AFallingStar"
SO, for English I was supposed to write a detailed but short review about a new CD, book, or movie...(I also used it for the Harmaniacs mission of the week lol) and I picked Harmonium. Tell me what you guys think....(I think it's supposed to sound professional so I wrote it like a critic would)

Vanessa Carlton has done it again, with the followup to her 2002 platnum debut album, Be Not Nobody. Harmonium is jam packed with spine tingling melodies and lyrics to match. From the airy, romantic sounds of "San Francisco," to the dark and scary "She Floats," There is something on Harmonium to match every mood. The lyrics (especially on the top-30 single, White Houses) are like reading someone's diary. Vanessa Carlton has truly shown her growth as an artist with her sophomore album. Harmonium is a sheer work of art. I highly recomend it. Five stars, hands down.

Sounds like a pretty biased critic.  :lol:

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rate my Harmonium review!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 08:30:26 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "AFallingStar"

Sounds like a pretty biased critic.  :lol:

lol all i care about is getting a good grade on this!!! hehehehe

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:06:18 am »
you could use stronger words. replace "dark" and "scary"

otherwise pretty good.
are you sure you don't want to criticize a certain song? most critics don't like every part of an album they hear..

Amanda

dconfessional

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - courtney53190
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mediaroach.com/courtney
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 01:49:58 pm »
I think it's good. And I don't think you NEED to criticize any of the songs, because they're all fabulous! Well done!

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 09:18:48 pm »
yeah....I probably should have changed it a bit but what i posted wasn't totally done yet. Thanks for the feedback guys!