Author Topic: 12/17/2004: HSBC Arena - Buffalo, NY - Kissmas Bash (review)  (Read 3295 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
12/17/2004: HSBC Arena - Buffalo, NY - Kissmas Bash (review)
« on: December 18, 2004, 11:18:32 am »
[discussion]

I'll give a brief review of last night.

9 artists/bands.  First was a local band, called Seven Day Faith, they were pretty cool.  They were the opener. Next was Skye Sweetnam, wasn't feeling her at all, definate Avril wannabe (and I don't even like Avril).  Then, Gavin DeGraw, he was absolutely amazing! He sang Crush, Chemical Party, I Don't Want To Be, Chariot and one unoriginal song. Then.... VANESSA came on, of course I was estatic, since I hadn't seen her in over a year! She came on in a white dress (coincidence?) looking as beautiful as ever, it was just her and her piano, christmas lights in the background, and played "Ordinary Day"... the crowd was pretty into it, since of course they knew the song, then she did "White Houses," saying that she had to give us the REAL version, not the censored that's often played, again the crowd was real into it, singing along, it was great.  I was surprised to hear that the next song was "Wanted"... hadn't heard that one played in forever! The crowd wasn't so into it, since it wasn't a single, of course, but still there were quite a few ppl who were standing up enjoying it! Last, what else but "ATM"... and the crowd is up again singing along with every word... Vanessa wished everyone happy holidays, and commented on how Benji and Joel of Good Charlotte were on the side of the stage "cheering her on!" haha, it was great! I definately prefer her in smaller venues, the big arena definately wasn't her style, and you could tell, but none the less it was a great show!  After her, Switchfoot took the stage, they were pretty cool.  After them the show goes as follows, Good Charlotte, JoJo, Simple Plan (who I never really thought were all that spectacular but they put on a pretty kick ass show), and then Avril Lavigne (who sucked...), why they saved her for last, I'll never know.  We left halfway through her performance, to beat the enormous amount of traffic, of the thousands and thousands of ppl who were at this show.  Anyway, no Nessa spotting after the show, I somehow think she took off slightly after her performance, though I'm not positive.  

Anyone else there?  

Pics will be posted soon, my digital camera broke so, I have to wait til I get my pics developed from another cam.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 12:58:11 pm »
Thanks Gina. We all fee you on the smaller venue. But if she would have been here I would have went so she has some support.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 01:01:57 pm »
of course! There was no doubt in my mind that I was gonna be there, definately just prefer the more intimate shows.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.