Other Topics > Other Musicians

Anna Nalick

(1/62) > >>

eclv:
So I was listening to Radio@Netscape yesterday and this song came on. The voice sounded kinda familiar but not really. I looked and the song was "Breathe (2am)" by Anna Nalick She sounds kinda like Jewel and someone else but I can't place it. It is kinda countryish to me as well. But she is so good!!

I checked out her site and found out she is 20 from So Cal. Her album is Wreck of the Day but sadly isn't due out until 03/08/05. update, it's now 04/19/05  :cry:

You can hear the song by going here scroll to where it says listen to "Breathe (2am)" click on which media type you use.

I wish there was more music to listen to. I did listen to some of the clips from the Sony Music Store but they are too short.

Anyhow, check it out, tell me what you think.

Anna Nalick Music Player

Jophess:
She sounds like if Jewel and Alanis Morrisette thrown in  blender. The song is really good and very catchy, but highly unoriginal, in my opinion. Nobody can touch teh Jewel.

B:
I checked some of the stuff on the site out, it sounds pretty good. I'll have to keep the name in mind for when the album release date comes closer.

eclv:
Thanks guys for checking it out. I thought it was a good song too. I heard two other songs on her my space account. I still can't think of who else she sounds like. On her my space account it says sounds like Sarah McLachlan, Fiona Apple, and Jewel.

She said her influences are; John Mayer, Blind Melon, Tori Amos, U2, Jeff Buckley, Sarah McLachlan, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Okay, I think she sounds like Jessica Andrews a bit too.

eclv:
New tour dates!! I wish I could go to LA. Tangiers is a cool place. I better check my calendar.

01/07/05    LOS ANGELES, CA  TANGIERS    

01/13/05    HOLLYWOOD, CA  HOTEL CAFE    

01/21/05    LOS ANGELES, CA  TANGIERS    

01/31/05    NEW YORK, NY  THE LIVING ROOM    

02/01/05    NEW YORK, NY  THE LIVING ROOM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version