Author Topic: Thank you Sen. Barbara Boxer  (Read 3164 times)

LimeTwister

Thank you Sen. Barbara Boxer
« on: January 06, 2005, 12:12:06 pm »
I am a happy liberal.

Even though this may not change a thing...but woot.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:43:04 pm »
hmm...even Kerry doesn't support the challenge...why would they even bother with it if a) it probably won't make a difference, and b) the guy who lost doesn't agree with it?

LimeTwister

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 12:51:23 pm »
Because last night thousands of people couldn't get through to Sen. Boxer because her lines were ringing off the hook.  Because, PEOPLE wanted it...I know what John Kerry wrote in his e-mail...but the CORRUPTION that went on in Ohio is unbelieveable.

Many people wanted the NEWS to cover SOMETHING about what was going on in Ohio...that coverage was limited and in most cases not covered.  MAYBE there were wrongs on both sides...IT ALL SHOULD BE LOOKED AT. It should not be deemed as SHAMEFUL to make sure EVERY vote is counted.

It's the FIGHT not what WILL happen that I am concerned with.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 12:55:14 pm »
well...it'll be interesting to see what does come out of it.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 12:57:10 pm »
In 2000 it might have made a difference, but Bush won the electoral and popular this time. more of the same :lol:

The problems dont nessisarily lie in the electoral college system, the gov race here in Washington has been UGLY, and its based on popular vote, but when it was as close as 40 votes either way, they called into question "newly found votes" or ineligible votes making the whole process a joke. WA's new gov gets sworn in next week but its still unknown if the gov elect is really the winner or not. They've counted, machine recounted, hand recounted, different answer each time.
The system needs reform, but what the right system is, I have no idea.

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 02:07:26 pm »
The fact that the irregularities in Ohio haven't made the news is only further proof that anyone trying to call the media "liberal" is way off base.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

LimeTwister

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 04:33:11 pm »
Quote from: "Katia's Lover"
The fact that the irregularities in Ohio haven't made the news is only further proof that anyone trying to call the media "liberal" is way off base.

agreed.

BV, you're right.  (hahaha, you are right!...sorry, I crack myself up [/corny]...)  The problem was, and though I had HOPED that it would change, I knew it probably wouldn't, the problem is that I wanted some spot light on Ohio...there was very little.  My point in Ohio, no matter who I wanted to win, I wanted EVERY vote to count. To me there were too many irregularities for anyone to say "we saw no evidence of fraud."  It's sad that wanting a true democracy is called shamefull.  The people, of whom I dearly honor at this point, who contested the elections were not sore losers.  They wanted a fraudless election where every vote was counted...where people didn't stand in lines for 10 hours for their vote not to be counted.  Where your vote went in and there was no paper trace to make sure there was a true recount (thank you, Diebolt).  Ohio did, in fact, get a recount.  Not a full recount, however.  

And, yea..I haven't paid too much attention to the governor election in WA...just bits and pieces.  It really kinda sucks that we can't have a clear cut election where there are true winners and losers.  No matter who wins--it should be the TRUE voice of the people.

LimeTwister

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 04:35:05 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"

nothing will come of it, but minor press.  All we got was a debate.

And BV isn't correct about the cute little baby picture, though. ;)

Xenophanes

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 06:53:54 pm »
:riflefire: Sen. Barbar"ian"a Boxer

This whole "let every vote count" whining of the Democratic Party in the past two elections they've lost is becoming quite annoying. Blue America must grow up.

"We're going to move forward, Ms. Boxer. You can look backward all you want." --Rush Limbaugh 8)

LimeTwister

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 07:15:30 pm »
You're telling us to grow up... 8O

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 07:52:20 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "BWilli"

nothing will come of it, but minor press.  All we got was a debate.

And BV isn't correct about the cute little baby picture, though. ;)

the picture was kinna funny...but I agree with you that all of the votes should be counted.  Hell, I still feel that ALL politicians and political issues are corrupt.  This whole Ohio thing, as pointed out, continues to prove that.  Just my view on it.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 04:59:19 pm »
Quote from: "Katia's Lover"

I dunno where you've been, but the accusations of irregularities have gotten substancial coverage. I heard little else on the radio and on the news in late november/early december. The reason why you aren't seeing more is because the allegations have little substance. The problems that did arise (not enough voting machines, etc) came mainly from misplanning by election boards and are not significant enough to shift the election.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne