Author Topic: Best and Worst Songs of 2006  (Read 10450 times)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Best and Worst Songs of 2006
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 11:54:51 pm »
hmm, to each his own I guess. but you never know, it's possible she could have made it without American Idol. lots of artists get a jumpstart some way or another... wasn't v's dad already in the biz or something?

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 08:28:37 am »
Quote from: "Promiscious-boy"
my idols like Vanessa, Dido, Nelly (Furtado, I'm assuming?), Shannon, James Blunt, Damien Rice...

I really don't like COMMERCIAL MUSIC..

And that's why you're on my Ignore List.
Joe

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 02:06:41 pm »
Promiscious-boy wrote:
my idols like Vanessa, Dido, Nelly (Furtado, I'm assuming?), Shannon, James Blunt, Damien Rice...

I really don't like COMMERCIAL MUSIC..

Yeah, aren't all those people extremely commercial...I mean c'mon? DIDO! JAMES BLUNT?!
Yeah...ummm...you're fuckin' stupid, and BTW, Kelly Clarkson is amazing even if she doesn't write her songs.

Best Songs of 2006:
Regina Spektor - That Time
The Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
Vanessa Carlton - Heroes & Theives

Worst Songs of 2006:
Gnarlz Barkley - Crazy
Chain Hang Low - Jibbs (SUCKS THE BIG ONE)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Dani California

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 03:14:19 pm »
and the worst of the worst

KELLY KLARKSON.... I CAN'T STAND THIS FUCKIN' SHEILA....

Can you please not diss Kelly Clarkson (you can say "I don't like her music" instead) and not swear every 2 words?
It'll be appreciated ;)
Now back on topic, best & worst of '06, hmmm, let's see...

Best:

- JoJo's "The High Road": I never thought I'd put a JoJo album in my top but yeah, it's here. I was pleasantly surprised by her new "sound".

- Joanna's "This Crazy Life": her single "Let It Slide" sounds good and the album is pretty strong in my opinion. But it seems like it totally bombed in the charts. Meh.

- Kellie Pickler's "Small Town Girl": your average country girl has a nice album, nothing revolutionary but cool to listen to.

- The Wreckers' "Stand Still Look Pretty": more country but better this time. I was impressed, enough said.

- Utada Hikaru's "Ultra Blue": Japanese superstar Hikki blew me away with her new cd, very impressive and one of her best so far.

-Anna Nalick's "Wreck of the Day '06": technically not 2006 but still an awesome album by Anna.

Worst:

- Beyonce's "B Day": only listened to it once but I thought it sounded terrible. The single "Irreplaceable" is very annoying too.

- Fergie's "The Dutchess": except for an ok single ("London Bridge"), very average. Her work with the BEP was much better.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 03:44:43 am »
[quote="Ghisy"

- Beyonce's "B Day": only listened to it once but I thought it sounded terrible. The single "Irreplaceable" is very annoying too.
[/quote]

Okay I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but why do you think Irreplaceable is annoying? I personally LOVE it, although I am getting sick of it a little.  I've talked to lots of friends and whomever about it, and it seems like you either love it, or you don't like it at all. No one will give me a clear answer as to why they don't like it, usually citing how they're confused by her lyrics or something.  Yea I'm just curious why

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 04:30:47 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
and the worst of the worst

KELLY KLARKSON.... I CAN'T STAND THIS FUCKIN' SHEILA....

Can you please not diss Kelly Clarkson (you can say "I don't like her music" instead) and not swear every 2 words?
It'll be appreciated ;)
Now back on topic, best & worst of '06, hmmm, let's see...

Best:

- JoJo's "The High Road": I never thought I'd put a JoJo album in my top but yeah, it's here. I was pleasantly surprised by her new "sound".

- Joanna's "This Crazy Life": her single "Let It Slide" sounds good and the album is pretty strong in my opinion. But it seems like it totally bombed in the charts. Meh.

- Kellie Pickler's "Small Town Girl": your average country girl has a nice album, nothing revolutionary but cool to listen to.

- The Wreckers' "Stand Still Look Pretty": more country but better this time. I was impressed, enough said.

- Utada Hikaru's "Ultra Blue": Japanese superstar Hikki blew me away with her new cd, very impressive and one of her best so far.

-Anna Nalick's "Wreck of the Day '06": technically not 2006 but still an awesome album by Anna.

Worst:

- Fergie's "The Dutchess": except for an ok single ("London Bridge"), very average. Her work with the BEP was much better.

I'd be lying if I say just " I don't like her music "
What I say is, I hate her... okay, if 90% of UNITED STATES like her... and can stand her annoying songs being played at the radios 100 times a day, 25 hours a day and on TV, if you stand her clips being played everyday.. great...... First time I saw her, I didn't like, cos her music is kind like.. you soon dislike the 2 time you hear it, and you really hate it when you keep listening it...

Her hit in Brazil was BECAUSE OF YOU..
And it's like.. Or many LOVVVEEEEEE TO DEATH... Or many HATTTEEE TO DEATH.....

My case is the hate...
She's the worst singer I've ever heard, Her songs are the worst that I've ever heard.......... and this topic is about THE WORST SONGS AND THE BEST ONE....
So.. I dont see any problem in saying that  I REALLY DON'T LIKE THIS " BLOODY " (more formal) SHEILA...

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 07:16:34 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Okay I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but why do you think Irreplaceable is annoying?

I don't mind you asking: hmmm, I don't know, I just don't like this song. It just sounds so "deja-vu" (I should say "deja-entendu", hehe, sorry French joke inside! haha) and Beyonce has done much better in the past.
Or maybe I'm just getting sick of hearing Beyonce? It'll have to wait until I listen to her next album to make sure. ;)

First time I saw her, I didn't like, cos her music is kind like.. you soon dislike the 2 time you hear it, and you really hate it when you keep listening it...

Mmmkay, that's some weird English there but I think I got what you meant.

She's the worst singer I've ever heard, Her songs are the worst that I've ever heard.......... and this topic is about THE WORST SONGS AND THE BEST ONE....
So.. I dont see any problem in saying that  I REALLY DON'T LIKE THIS " BLOODY " (more formal) SHEILA...

I do see the problem: you know, I don't like KT Tunstall (I'm using this example cause you said her singles were the best of 2006 for you) but I'm not posting around saying "OMG! KT is such a b*tch and her songs suck @ss and that...".
But I'm even wondering why I'm trying to argue with you in the first place.
Sooo ok, you don't like Kelly, we got it. Can you stop being rude now?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 08:42:00 am »
hmmm...yeah best would be something between what snow patrol and the fray came out with...(If only the radio hadnt over done it)...Nelly Furtado ended the year well with All good things(come to an end)...I so <3 that song...

Worst would be songs by Akon,Shakiras Hips dont lie was cool for the first two days i heard it...then I hated all the 18937237 times i heard it after that...hmmm...and yeah beyonces dejavu...was very mediocre....it wasnt bad but relatively compared to her previous album...it wasnt that good ...imo
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 03:09:52 am »
Quote from: "B"
The worst song hands down is the Chain Hang Low song by Jibbs. Come on guys. lol

.....i dont even know how to express my hatred for that song

it was on my friends cd in the car and i swear i nearly opened the door and jumped  :lol:

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 07:23:49 pm »
Quote from: "reveng_desire"
Quote from: "Steveau"
I don't really know what the best and worst are but I do hate SOS by Rihanna with a passion.

I hate Rihanna period. Evil ...I don't think I can type it...but it starts with an S, ends with a K, and has kan in the middle.

OMG  I know does she have to come out with a new album EVERY SUMMER?!?!! I mean COME ON!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 09:01:50 pm »
I spend $25 a month for this service: http://www.naxosmusiclibrary.com/home.asp  So you can all have your new music,  I'll stick with the really REALLY old stuff, yo.   :wink:

The best songs of the year:

Nolita Fairytale by Vanessa Carlton.  --Do you have any idea who she is?  I just heard this song on the radio, and am curious if she has written anything else.

Overboard by Pine & Battery

The Story by Brandi Carlile

Don't believe in hating, so you can wallow in you own hater's lists.  ;)

*does the jigg* :lol:

willc38

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - willc38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 10:27:56 pm »
OMG I LOVE MANEATER :evil:
:D :D :D