Author Topic: Shannon Thomas  (Read 325251 times)

Erunamo

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • ICQ Messenger - 47227813
    • MSN Messenger - denethor_florio@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #975 on: December 14, 2006, 08:19:46 am »
Phew, finally I can comment the CD here.

Allright, was almost 2 months that I received it, but only now that I graduated, I got time to comment.
It was good, because now I have a more concrete opinion.

The cd is fantastic! I hear it every day and it has not a music what i not liked, in spite of having sickened of hear too much some of them. But nothing that a time without hearing does not resolve.

Is quite characteristic the influence of Vanessa, at the piano of the songs (Always Never remembers the piano of Paradise). A thing that I repaired, is the small quantity of slow songs (like Don't Be Beautiful) and many agitated.

This last point was favorable, since I showed the songs to some of my friends and they adored!!
My favorites are: Don't Be Beautiful (perfect for a situation that I am having now) and One Or The Other (I loved the part of the guitar!! Totally Crazy!!).

Final note: 10.0

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #976 on: December 14, 2006, 10:02:06 am »
^Wow!  Awesome!   :D

Someone asked if I made a music video ... unfortunately, the answer is "no."  Someday I will, whether it's professional or not.   :wink:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #977 on: December 24, 2006, 01:18:41 pm »
i just purchased BRAINSTORMS.

shannon, let me tell you. You are truely an inspiration to me, and to a lot of other people. i'm attempting to write some music, and your music motivates me to. You ROCK

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #978 on: December 24, 2006, 02:37:52 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
i just purchased BRAINSTORMS.

shannon, let me tell you. You are truely an inspiration to me, and to a lot of other people. i'm attempting to write some music, and your music motivates me to. You ROCK

Awesome!  It's wonderful to hear that.  Thank you!    

Good luck with your songwriting.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #979 on: December 25, 2006, 06:56:21 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"

She inspires me!  :D

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #980 on: December 29, 2006, 04:30:54 pm »
hey Shannon, i've been importing your cd's into my ipod I just got for Christmas, but for some reason Erupt, He Hears Promise from your first album & Don't Be Beautiful from Brainstorms wont import. I forget what the reason was, but would you be able to send me those songs? if not it's cool, just thought i'd ask cuz I love those songs.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #981 on: December 29, 2006, 06:22:46 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
hey Shannon, i've been importing your cd's into my ipod I just got for Christmas, but for some reason Erupt, He Hears Promise from your first album & Don't Be Beautiful from Brainstorms wont import. I forget what the reason was, but would you be able to send me those songs? if not it's cool, just thought i'd ask cuz I love those songs.

Ditto. I don't have an iPod; just an Imac on loan since the monitor on my PC
decided to pack up shop the day I returned to install Windows XP on the new
Hard Drive! The Imac is just like an oversized iPod for me 'cause I play MP3s
on it all the time. By the way Shannon, I hope you had an awesome Chrissy!

Peace

Aaron

http://www.thericepaddy.com.au

Laura

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #982 on: December 30, 2006, 04:09:10 pm »
you mean those songs wont import for you either? wow, i thought it was just me. how weird.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #983 on: December 31, 2006, 11:36:12 am »
I hate to encourage people to listen to those first recordings, but I might be willing to send you the mp3s - problem is I don't know where any copies of "The Something I Believe In" are right now.  (Don't hate me!)
The fantasy

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #984 on: December 31, 2006, 02:16:25 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
you mean those songs wont import for you either? wow, i thought it was just me. how weird.

By ditto Laura, I meant I just thought i'd ask cuz I love those songs (also).

Laura

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #985 on: December 31, 2006, 03:09:02 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
I hate to encourage people to listen to those first recordings, but I might be willing to send you the mp3s - problem is I don't know where any copies of "The Something I Believe In" are right now.  (Don't hate me!)

of course we dont hate you lol. & i love those first recordings.. Erupt & He Hears Promise were a couple of my favorite songs from that cd  :)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #986 on: January 02, 2007, 11:50:38 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

Kind of exciting when I know something about Shannon she doesn't even know herself.  There's a copy on the "prime" section of my shelf right behind me here in my office.  "Prime" is where I keep my absolute favorites, like Vanessa, Shannon, Anna, and a few select albums from other artists.  Darn, now you know. :razz:
Dustin

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #987 on: January 02, 2007, 11:58:21 pm »
I can't wait for Shannon to become a mainstream artist. It's gonna happen one day, I'm sure.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #988 on: January 03, 2007, 12:21:18 am »
Quote from: "white_houses"
I can't wait for Shannon to become a mainstream artist. It's gonna happen one day, I'm sure.

So am I.  I think it'll make me feel just as good as it will her when it happens, too, if that can possibly make sense. :D
Dustin

Laura

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #989 on: January 03, 2007, 12:53:19 am »
man it's hard to believe i started this thread almost two years ago & it's almost at 1000 replies. Probably the 2nd or 3rd biggest artist thread? how crazy..

sorry, just a random thought.