Author Topic: What Do You Do . . .  (Read 4368 times)

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
What Do You Do . . .
« on: February 27, 2005, 11:27:56 am »
I need advice; I rarely ask for advice also, which means that I REALLY need advice.

Okay, so here's the scenario:

You meet somebody. You're really good friends with them most of the time; however, for the other half of the time, you're fighting or arguing over anything (regardless of its importance). This pisses everybody off, with your couple-except-NOT-couple-ness. So now you've grown a liking for the person, and aren't sure if he/she thinks the same about you. A lot of times you're certain of it, and other times you know it's not going to happen. This person always finds an excuse to say that he/she hates you, but ten minutes later is all over you. (We all hate mixed signals, no?)

So what the fuck is his/her deal? Please explain.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: What Do You Do . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:48:02 am »
Quote from: "PIBby"
I need advice; I rarely ask for advice also, which means that I REALLY need advice.

You meet somebody. You're really good friends with them most of the time; however, for the other half of the time, you're fighting or arguing over anything (regardless of its importance). This pisses everybody off, with your couple-except-NOT-couple-ness. So now you've grown a liking for the person, and aren't sure if he/she thinks the same about you. A lot of times you're certain of it, and other times you know it's not going to happen. This person always finds an excuse to say that he/she hates you, but ten minutes later is all over you. (We all hate mixed signals, no?)

... well, less ambiguous pronouns would help.  Because if it's a HE it can mean completely different things than a SHE.

But it can means a lot of things.

For example, do you find that the arguing is over ONE specific thing/concept/topic?

For example, I have a close female friend who I get along with PERFECTLY when we hang out.  We never fight about anything.  But she is completely totally and utterly inreliable.  She cannot be relied on to keep plans make more than an hour in advance.  She forgets commitments, double books her time, etc etc etc.

So we fight about GETTING together, but when we ARE together we never fight.

So the fighting might be about a single philosophical difference.

OR it might be that one or both parties don't know how to have a real relationship/friendship/whatever.  So the way he/she/they show affection is by disagreeing.  It says "I care enough to actually make a point."

I need more details here.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:56:40 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "PIBby"

inreliable.

unreliable :wink:  :razz:  

andrew's right, if this scenario were gender specific it would be a bit easier to give good advice. But I would say that this sounds like your typical junior high/high school banter of two kids that 'like' each other, but don't want to admit it. it sounds like 'he/she' does really like 'you,' but is either a)unsure of what they're feeling b)doesn't want to admit it because it could only complicate things more c)they're afraid of what others might think ...the possibilities are endless.

if the situation is too much for 'you' to handle, just sit 'them' down and talk it out. put any pride or insecurities away and just have it out. otherwise it's just going to keep up, or possibly end in one of the two giving up and the end of whatever friendship there is.

hmmm that's all i got. hope it helps

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 01:49:45 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

Hush.  U and I are right next to eachother.

Edit: Woah... that totally sounded like a bad pickup line.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 04:42:06 pm »

hahahaha

ok, I get that they're next to each other, but wouldn't you realize you spelled it wrong after you typed it? or at least after you posted? :-P

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 06:20:37 am »

hahahaha

ok, I get that they're next to each other, but wouldn't you realize you spelled it wrong after you typed it? or at least after you posted? :-P

No.  I don't always look at the screen when I am typing.  Sometimes I am looking at my XM radio, sometimes I am talking to a coworker.  Sometimes I am just phasing out.

Besides, I type entirely too fast to read everything as I type it :)

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 07:13:24 am »

hahahaha

No.  I don't always look at the screen when I am typing.  Sometimes I am looking at my XM radio, sometimes I am talking to a coworker.  Sometimes I am just phasing out.

thus proving that boys are not as good at multi tasking as girls are  :razz:

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 08:44:10 am »

hahahaha

This is true.  I would never dispute this.

Which is why men can't watch TV and listen to their girlfriends bitch about work at the same time.  We focs on one thing at a time.  The HUNT!  We lock in on our prey and KILL!  BIG DEER! KILL DEER! MEAT FOR BELLY!

Women have to do things like cook, clean, take care of the kids and watch soaps ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Obv, women must multitask better.

Unless it's talking and driving at the same time.  For some reason those are mutually exclusive to a woman.

---Andrew

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
What Do You Do . . .
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 10:39:26 am »
I have been plagued for most of my life with attention problems, but I have started learning to multitask.  I'm beginning to be able to watch a movie while working on my schoolwork, and not lose track of what's happening in the movie or get totally lost in my book.  That's quite a task, but I'm going to practice more and more as summer approaches.  I plan to go to school thru the summer so I shouldn't lose the skills that I build up.  The only condition is that I have to be listening to the movie thru headphones because (1) it cuts out a lot of the background noise and (2) I don't care to distract the rest of the class with my movie because their working on developing skills that don't involve my movie.

What was the topic again?
Dustin

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 10:51:59 am »

hahahaha

Which is why men can't watch TV and listen to their girlfriends bitch about work at the same time.  We focs on one thing at a time.  The HUNT!  We lock in on our prey and KILL!  BIG DEER! KILL DEER! MEAT FOR BELLY!

Women have to do things like cook, clean, take care of the kids and watch soaps ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Unless it's talking and driving at the same time.  For some reason those are mutually exclusive to a woman.

ok, if I ever get married, there is not a snowball's chance in hell I'm going to let him get away with just sitting and watching football. He's going to be cooking and cleaning and watching the kids just as much as me. :-P

I hate driving to begin with, but talking and driving is a hard task for anyone I think. at least for me. But I'm a crap driver to begin with, haha

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 12:39:47 pm »

hahahaha

ok, if I ever get married, there is not a snowball's chance in hell I'm going to let him get away with just sitting and watching football. He's going to be cooking and cleaning and watching the kids just as much as me. :-P

I hate driving to begin with, but talking and driving is a hard task for anyone I think. at least for me. But I'm a crap driver to begin with, haha

Men don't cook and clean or watch kids.  Unless he's a sissy man.  Then he might, but you will also have to dress him and keep him fom getting beat up in bars.

And don't worry.... all women are crap drivers  :D

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
What Do You Do . . .
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 12:55:36 pm »
Well, I guess my husband will be a sissy man then  :razz:

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
What Do You Do . . .
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 09:22:22 pm »
What a waste, then. :(
Dustin

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
What Do You Do . . .
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 06:06:38 am »
Well, I guess my husband will be a sissy man then  :razz:

Good.  Someone has to keep the sissy fellas from getting sand kicked in their faces.

Of course his friends will hate you for taking over his life, but they will be sissies too.  So it's not like they can do much about it :)

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
What Do You Do . . .
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 06:13:41 am »
Screw that crap.  If i am married and have kids, and i am the one working 40 hours a week to support all of this, i am not going to do much cooking and cleaning.  

99% of women just arent going to get far in the workforce, Women dont get the same pay, treatment, and respect as men in the field and may never.  Sure its sad and im not in favor of this bias, but its there.  

As for the couples who both work, daycare costs, plus both of you are going to be beat 90% of the time and end up ordering out and living on tv dinners and delivery. Not to mention your house probably wont be up to par on the cleanliness.   Unless you are both insane workaholics

So basically the chances are against you for finding a man that will do as much "homemaking" as yourself.   And if you do, its probably because both of you dont do very much to begin with and live rather unhealthy lifestyles.

I wouldnt get your chips up.  Just find someone you love and enjoy enough to want to take care of, because in return any good man is bound to make it all feel worth your while.

just my two cents, i dont believe men are better than women either so dont get the wrong idea
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.