Author Topic: long distance relationships  (Read 8551 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
long distance relationships
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 06:30:27 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "Logikal X"
steveau having optimism isnt ignorance.  Also the fact that i cant 100% say i will be on this earth tommorrow is something that i cannot control.  However cheating is something i can control.  So your statement is relatively weak

thinking anything is 100% is not optimism, it's delusional.

Can you say you'll never commit suicide not knowing if someday you might experience the kind of pain that might make you rather die? I know I don't believe in suicide but I can't say 100% that I wouldn't do it because I can imagine a point where it could be a possibility. It's just being realistic.

Thats rather weak in my opinion.  I have goals and giving up on life no matter how bad it gets is a promise i will never reach any goal.
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 08:12:23 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
steveau having optimism isnt ignorance.  Also the fact that i cant 100% say i will be on this earth tommorrow is something that i cannot control.  However cheating is something i can control.  So your statement is relatively weak

thinking anything is 100% is not optimism, it's delusional.

Can you say you'll never commit suicide not knowing if someday you might experience the kind of pain that might make you rather die? I know I don't believe in suicide but I can't say 100% that I wouldn't do it because I can imagine a point where it could be a possibility. It's just being realistic.

Thats rather weak in my opinion.  I have goals and giving up on life no matter how bad it gets is a promise i will never reach any goal.

Weak? How so?

Don't get me wrong, Pete.  I am sure you firmly believe that you and Noelle are SIGNIFICANTLY less likely to cheat than the average couple.  And frankly, I'd be inclined to believe you.

But no matter how confident you are, you must acknowledge there is a small % chance of it occuring.

That's all I am saying.  When I go to sleep every night, I accept that there is a small % chance I will wake up in the morning and feel murderous rage and run out and kill someone.  Why?  Because even though the odds are TINY, it's still possible.

I can't stand here and say "I would never murder anyone..." because I just don't KNOW.

You never know till you're there.

That's all anyone is saying.  And having "faith" in something is different from acknowledging the reality of it.  I have faith that the sun will come up tommorow, and I base my life around this assumption, even though I know there is a small % chance the sun won't.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2005, 11:07:27 am »
And then pigs will fly.  As much as it can be declared possible it can also be ruled out based on knowledge of occurrence, and understanding of situation.  

And suicide=weak i dont care how depressed you are.
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2005, 12:18:24 pm »
And then pigs will fly.  As much as it can be declared possible it can also be ruled out based on knowledge of occurrence, and understanding of situation.  

No.  It cannot be ruled out.  It can be declared implaussible, or unlikely, but NEVER ruled out.

And, just as an FYI.  I know every bit of a half-a-dozen people who have given me the exact same speech you are giving me RIGHT NOW and then later gone on to do whatever it was they swore they would never ever do.

Obv, this doesn't mean you WILL.  It just means that PEOPLE don't ever know what they are capable of before they are presented with the situation.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2005, 11:10:27 pm »

have you ever heard of cancer? Some forms are extremely painful and if you have never experienced that kind of pain, how can you say you couldn't consider it. I can tell you for a fact I've experienced some serious pain (probably more than you ever will) but not even close to these cancers. I had a friend whose mom had cancer and she effectively killed herself by OD'ing on the morphine drip she was attached to. I'm sure she never considered suicide when she was healthy.

btw, nobody sits around planning on cheating on the other person unless they're a totally uncaring idiot. It just somehow happens. Even you don't know what it would take to get you to cheat but there might be a point at which you would but to totally dismiss it as a possibility means you're not living in reality. No matter how minute the possibility you have to admit there is one or else you're in serious denial. I know it probably isn't the politically correct thing to do while you girlfriend is on the board too but I'm sure she would trust you still if you admitted a minute chance of it.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2005, 06:13:10 am »
When i was in college and my old gf lived at home still i used to party with tons of girls and get drunk and i had plenty of chances to cheat.  I never did.  I just have more will power than that.  Im not a cheater, and ill admit its technically possible but its just something i wouldnt do, in the same way i will never smoke crack.  I would have to be forced against my will using extreme measures

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2005, 07:41:35 am »
When I grow up I wanna be an editor...... just thought I'd share.....  :lol: