Author Topic: Car Bomb Near Bilbao  (Read 5148 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re:
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 01:03:17 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "Julie"
Do you know how or why the bomb was in the car?

Cos it was a CAR BOMB.

Omg! :roll: You didn't just say that!  What was the problem exactly that the bomber had?

Have you even read this thread? or the article?

EDIT: Notice how the only people who really know whats going on here are the people who live outside the US.

Uh.  Maybe cause you're as close to Spain as I am to St Louis?

I am pretty up to date on what happens in St Louis.

How up to date are YOU on what happens in St Louis?

Exactly.

Now stop being such a eurocentric elitist.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Re:
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 07:08:29 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Cos it was a CAR BOMB.

Omg! :roll: You didn't just say that!  What was the problem exactly that the bomber had?

EDIT: Notice how the only people who really know whats going on here are the people who live outside the US.

Exactly.

It's not the fault of the American people that they don't know everything that's going on in the Bask country.  We are so busy here creating news of our own that there's simply not enuff time for our media to cover it all, except for possibly the 24-hour news channels, which, I'm sure, only an intellectual few among the general population of this forum ever watch.

Personally, I would like to know more about what is going on there because ever since my high-school Spanish class, Bask culture and its origins have carried a certain intrigue with me.
Dustin

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 02:26:51 am »

Cos it was a CAR BOMB.

Exactly.

In my view the proximity is irrelevant- the news in this country isn't just about Britian or the countries near it but Africa, India and Asia too. Andrew, you know all too well that proximity and news interest don't necessarily go hand in hand- i couldn't tell you the latest story in the city nearest to me but i could tell you whats happening in Lebanon at the moment. What i have heard from many americans (and seen for myself) time and again is american news only reporting what happens in America- the fact that it is a huge country does of course have some bearing on the situation but should not stop Americans from thinking the world outside their state line is worthless or non-existent.

Oh and by the way, its the Basque country.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re:
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 05:41:59 am »

Cos it was a CAR BOMB.

Exactly.

In my view the proximity is irrelevant- the news in this country isn't just about Britian or the countries near it but Africa, India and Asia too. Andrew, you know all too well that proximity and news interest don't necessarily go hand in hand- i couldn't tell you the latest story in the city nearest to me but i could tell you whats happening in Lebanon at the moment. What i have heard from many americans (and seen for myself) time and again is american news only reporting what happens in America- the fact that it is a huge country does of course have some bearing on the situation but should not stop Americans from thinking the world outside their state line is worthless or non-existent.

Again, I ask you, how much do YOU know about the latest news in the US?

I can assure you there are things going on in California that we get reported here that completely get left out of your news.

It IS about proximity.  You only give a brief lip-service to the fact that the US is so large.... but you gotta remember, North AMERICA is so large.  Canadians and South Americans get most of the same news we do in the states.

NA and SA america cover a pretty damn large area.  I feel fairly confident Europe misses out on 90% of the happenings over here.

The news only has so much time each day to cover events.  It can't talk about EVERY single event in every single country every single day.

We mostly cover our GEOGRAPHICAL area and then our major allies.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

LimeTwister

Car Bomb Near Bilbao
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 04:30:24 pm »
*grabs some popcorn, watches Rosie and Andrew*

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 03:32:18 am »

Cos it was a CAR BOMB.

Exactly.

Again, I ask you, how much do YOU know about the latest news in the US?

I can assure you there are things going on in California that we get reported here that completely get left out of your news.

It IS about proximity.  You only give a brief lip-service to the fact that the US is so large.... but you gotta remember, North AMERICA is so large.  Canadians and South Americans get most of the same news we do in the states.

NA and SA america cover a pretty damn large area.  I feel fairly confident Europe misses out on 90% of the happenings over here.

The news only has so much time each day to cover events.  It can't talk about EVERY single event in every single country every single day.

We mostly cover our GEOGRAPHICAL area and then our major allies.

If it is about proximity then why does Zee know whats going on? Surely as she lives in one of the biggest countries on earth the Australian news should be all about Australia and nowhere else? But Zee does know whats going on because i know for a fact that Australian news presents a much wider picture of the world.  So no, my argument is not eurocentric and no, its not about proximity.
"I'm all about the wordplay."