Author Topic: Regina Spektor  (Read 61632 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Regina Spektor
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 11:51:59 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

Is it that link "regina spektor in windows media/real audio?" because that wont load anything for me, not sure why. Or is it somewhere else on the page.. because in that case I'm blind.

I believe I listened to it in Real. Not sure what else is available.

Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
^^
That's awesome! But hey dish up some details.. What kind of a performer is she... does she explain songs or anything? What did she play? Did she have a band?

I saw her twice and didn't really know the music so Nicole could totally answer this better. I will do my best.

She did play with a band.
She played the guitar on "That Time" maybe another, I forget.
She explained a couple songs and introduced, well pointed out that her family was there in San Diego.
She was fun. Totally doesn't take compliments well. She deflects.
One person asked her to marry him and she said that, that seemed to be the question of the tour. She said she would make a terrible wife.
She was fun. I enjoyed the show.
Nicole could totally tell you the setlist or if you get to listen to that recording but here's some of what I think she played, in no order.

Samson
Hotel Song
Apres Moi
That Time
Fidelity
Better
Carbon Monoxide
The Flowers
Us

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 10:47:27 pm »
wow thanks for the info  :D I really want to meet her now, she seems intriguing to say the least.  That's a bummer she deflects compliments, because the minute I get to speak with her, I'll be showering her with 'em. I suppose I'll feel awful afterwards, but whatever.  Do you remember if she played "Chemo Limo?" its about a lady with cancer, if that helps.. thats my favorite of hers, no contest. I hope she plays it on her next tour! Looks like she mainly focused on songs from Begin To Hope for this year's sets.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Regina Spektor
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 11:57:05 pm »
You'll have to ask Nicole, Jessica or Holly. I don't think I know that one. Sorry.

She was very impressed with Nicole going to all the So Cal shows. She was kind and took pictures with us and signed Nicole's CDs.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Regina Spektor
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 07:31:39 pm »
wow...ok...I was just listening to Soviet Kitsch...has anyone heard that 44 second track called Whisper...She is soooo wierdly cool...I so <3 her style...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 08:08:30 pm »
I LOVE REGINA, That Time is like my favorite song!

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 10:39:21 am »
Quote from: "joey"
wow...ok...I was just listening to Soviet Kitsch...has anyone heard that 44 second track called Whisper...She is soooo wierdly cool...I so <3 her style...

Haha she is wierdly cool... thats a good way to put it. Although I do not care for the song that they're whispering about.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Re: Regina Spektor
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2007, 10:41:50 am »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
I LOVE REGINA, That Time is like my favorite song!

so cheap and JUICY! Im obsessed with this song write now. How are all her songs such different styles?

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 08:46:24 pm »
does anyone know where I could find a relatively affordable copy of "Songs"? I went to her website but the link that it takes you to to buy the cd only brings up Soviet Kitsch and Begin to Hope, which I already have. I looked on amazon.com but the cheapest one was $34. Sooo if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated :-)

banet2001

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 01:43:38 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
does anyone know where I could find a relatively affordable copy of "Songs"? I went to her website but the link that it takes you to to buy the cd only brings up Soviet Kitsch and Begin to Hope, which I already have. I looked on amazon.com but the cheapest one was $34. Sooo if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated :-)

I think it is out of print, so it will be hard to find it at affordable prices. You may want to check Ebay, because it does show up there now and then.

CD Baby used to have it and supposedly they will get it back in stock, but I am not sure how soon if ever it will be back in stock at CD Baby.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/spektor2

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 03:05:12 pm »
Quote from: "banet2001"

I think it is out of print, so it will be hard to find it at affordable prices. You may want to check Ebay, because it does show up there now and then.

CD Baby used to have it and supposedly they will get it back in stock, but I am not sure how soon if ever it will be back in stock at CD Baby.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/spektor2

in that case, is there anyone with Songs who would be willing to send me it?

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2007, 03:51:53 pm »
I have Songs and I'll upload it for anyone over the weekend... oooh! I heard "Better" at the GAP today...

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2007, 04:29:07 pm »
aaah thank you SO much! I only need Songs and then I'll have all of her cds :-)

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2007, 12:47:13 am »
aaah thank you SO much! I only need Songs and then I'll have all of her cds :-)

ohhhh I thought you needed a hard copy. otherwise I can help out too. Not sure if I have all of songs.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Regina Spektor
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2007, 06:52:08 am »
well if the copy that ICouldFall puts online doesn't work, then you can send me whatever you have and I can send you money for shipping and all that - otherwise thank you for offering :-)

charmedguy18

Regina Spektor
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2007, 08:28:38 pm »
I just downloaded her full discography, and I hated Soviet Kitsch, there was like one song I liked. I am listening to Begin to Hope right now and I like it much better.