Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 52218 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2007, 11:22:48 am »
I always thought his music had an interesting sound and his videos were always interesting as well, but I'm not sure I could get into it on a daily basis and have it rotating in my car a lot- where I usually listen to music. He seems like a really intelligent guy who is, like Megan said, trying to push people's buttons and make them think what they will stereotypically think despite the fact that in almost every interview and whatnot he seems pretty decent, even if really odd. His artwork is very cool, too.

I think it's sad that some kids try to imitate him and sometimes take his actions as serious, when it comes across more as irony a lot to me. But I don't know really.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »
Me & a couple friends were at a mall yesterday I think in Hot Topic, and one of them picked up one of his books (or book if he only has one), the one with all the pictures in it to look at them. and wow it pretty much scared the crap out of me lol. Im sorry, but he freaks me out I couldn't even look at most of those pictures.

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2008, 02:34:48 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I always thought his music had an interesting sound and his videos were always interesting as well, but I'm not sure I could get into it on a daily basis and have it rotating in my car a lot- where I usually listen to music. He seems like a really intelligent guy who is, like Megan said, trying to push people's buttons and make them think what they will stereotypically think despite the fact that in almost every interview and whatnot he seems pretty decent, even if really odd. His artwork is very cool, too.

I think it's sad that some kids try to imitate him and sometimes take his actions as serious, when it comes across more as irony a lot to me. But I don't know really.

You have a decent read on him.  He is pretty brilliant and multi-talented.  I started to listen to him when I was in High School and it was nothing but positive.  The message that I got from him was to be content being myself.  It also allowed me to release some teenage anger! haha :)

From what I hear... the new album is almost complete.  What a thrill!  :)

I do miss Madonna Wayne Gacy a.k.a. Pogo being in the band.  :/ It should be interesting that Wes Borland, formally of Limp Bizkit has joined as guitarist.  Twiggy is back on bass too!  

Yippee!

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2008, 09:15:54 pm »
yeah, twiggy was with NIN for a bit. But it's nice to see him back with manson.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2008, 10:11:16 pm »
I miss him on NIN. They have some afro person now oh and their drummer is leaving at the end of the year now =[ oh the heart ache! The Slip is on rolling stone's top albums of 2008. Oh and they were nominated for 2 grammys for two songs off Ghosts!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2008, 09:11:56 pm »
finally! it's been a while since some grammy nods have come around. Geez. And yay for being in the RS list. i love that mag.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2008, 05:20:05 pm »
"Dont break dont break my heart and I wont break your heart shaped glasses"