Author Topic: Music Festival Dilemma  (Read 2158 times)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Music Festival Dilemma
« on: April 11, 2005, 11:23:56 am »
I have a problem.  I'm going to the Beale Street Music Festival in less than three weeks and I have a decision to make and I'm asking for your help (since nearly everyone on here is, to some degree, a music expert because they have joined a Vanessa Carlton fansite! ;) )

Friday night from 8 to 9 p.m., all three of these are playing:  Seether, Gavin DeGraw, and Switchfoot.  Since I'm not really big on either one of them, it doesn't really matter to me which one I go to.  So, I'm open to suggestions.

BUT WAIT......THAT'S NOT ALL!!!

Here's my real big dilemma:  Jerry Lee Lewis and Pinetop Perkins are playing on different stages at the same time (well, almost - they do overlap by a scheduled 25 minutes, with Mr. Perkins starting first.  Now know this, Pinetop is 92 years old and Jerry Lee is 69.  I've seen Jerry Lee before at this same festival just last year, and I was front-row, standing against the rail.  The weather was horrible!  Because of the cold wind and unmerciful rain, I was down with a moderate case of hypothermia by night's end.  But I digress.  Pinetop Perkins is one of the last of the original Mississippi bluesmen still living, let alone still able to play.  But I promised I would see Jerry Lee Lewis again because the bad conditions resulted in an abbreviated (and much-delayed) performance.  I've already checked both of their upcoming dates and found nothing scheduled that I'd be able to attend:  They're both headed for the Middle Atlantic coast and then off to Switzerland and France, respectively.  This would be my only opportunity (possibly this year) to see either of them, and perhaps my only chance to see Pinetop Perkins ever.  Is my solution becoming too obvious?  Either way, I'm open to input.
Dustin

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 11:56:39 am »
half half?
 the first 30 minutes in one place then the next in other place hehe :)

I dunno think of one you will wanna remember for the rest of your life  :wink:

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 03:52:17 pm »
I'd go with Pinetop Perkins.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:12:31 pm »
I'm leaning toward going to Pinetop Perkins, and then catching the end of Jerry Lee.  Maybe Jerry Lee will be an hour late again. 8)
Dustin

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 04:18:14 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I'm leaning toward going to Pinetop Perkins, and then catching the end of Jerry Lee.  Maybe Jerry Lee will be an hour late again. 8)

Yeah, go see Pinetop, then catch whatever is left of the Jerry Lee set if you can. I'm sure Lee will be around again sometime anyway  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 05:30:57 pm »
All right then, that means we have one problem down and another one to go.  Who, then, to pick from Seether, Switchfoot, and Gavin DeGraw?
Dustin

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 06:07:15 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
All right then, that means we have one problem down and another one to go.  Who, then, to pick from Seether, Switchfoot, and Gavin DeGraw?

None?  :lol:.

Out of those there I'd probably go with Seether *shrug*. I am not a big Seether fan, but don't really like Switchfoot or Gavin.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Music Festival Dilemma
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 06:21:41 pm »
I'm not a fan of either of them.  This is right in the middle of Friday evening, so I might just take that hour off and go buy me a $4 box of noodles like last year. 8)
Dustin