Author Topic: 7/30/2005: Chronicle Pavilion - Concord, CA (review)  (Read 10148 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
7/30/2005: Chronicle Pavilion - Concord, CA (review)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 07:56:38 am »
Yep! I met you Bianca.  You were pretty cool. :)  I was pretty tired.  At the station I thought you were a nessaholic or fan but was not sure (I've seen your pics here.)  Then on the train you came up to me.  It was very cool to meet you.  I should have given you my number for when you were in town, but I was just thinking about getting home for sleep. :razz:

tylor

jjthefourth

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 50609941
    • MSN Messenger - jjthefourth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ConcordSix
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jjthefourth
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jjthefourth.com/
    • Email
Alan Smithee?
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 06:20:22 pm »
Did anyone get a chance to see the band that opened before Vanessa, Alan Smithee?  They are a favorite local band of mine and I wondered what everyone thought of them.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 03:31:49 am »
Hey JJ! I didn't see them. They weren't there or I totally missed it. Which I guess is possible because I was getting drinks.  :wink:

jjthefourth

• View Profile
    • Email
Alan Smithee
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 12:04:37 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
Hey JJ! I didn't see them. They weren't there or I totally missed it. Which I guess is possible because I was getting drinks.  :wink:

Ah man, I really want to find someone who saw them....and I know they were there...at least according to them. :P

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 05:42:12 pm »
I was planning to get there early but we lost our train. I heard them from the outside. I had to run from the outside cus I felt I was gonna miss Vanessa playing. When I sat down, Vanessa came out. I wanted to see them but I didnt get to.  :(

laurelw

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 09:17:22 pm »
To jjthefourth--I saw/heard Alan Smithee.  They didn't play on the main stage, but on a small wooden stage on the lawn/picnic area as you walk up to the consessions area to the left, after coming through the left entry of the pavillion.  They were really good, but I think that only one person was sitting and watching them.  If they had been on the main stage, then they would have gotten lots of exposure.  But we were quite impressed as we walked by to get to our seats to see Vanessa!

jjthefourth

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank You!
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 03:16:47 pm »
Quote from: "laurelw"
To jjthefourth--I saw/heard Alan Smithee.  They didn't play on the main stage, but on a small wooden stage on the lawn/picnic area as you walk up to the consessions area to the left, after coming through the left entry of the pavillion.  They were really good, but I think that only one person was sitting and watching them.  If they had been on the main stage, then they would have gotten lots of exposure.  But we were quite impressed as we walked by to get to our seats to see Vanessa!

Ahhh, no wonder no one else knew who I was talking about!  Thank you so much for letting me know that you saw them!  :)