Author Topic: 10/7/2005: UB Center For The Arts - Buffalo, NY  (Read 38699 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
10/7/2005: UB Center For The Arts - Buffalo, NY
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2005, 10:09:00 am »
well....my original plan was to get 4 tickets for me, lizzie, ivy and nicole and the four of us would drive up together.

theoretically, we could still do this.

is there a limit on the number of tickets to the show per "student"?

Quote from: "Dancernl"
The other thing is that I assume you'll have to check in to Family Weekend in order to get your ticket.  We should be getting some confirmation letter or email sooner to the date.

so they wont actually mail the tix out?  i guess that makes sense.  the whole "check in" is what freaks me a little.  but if they're not asking for proof that we attend the school (which sounds weird), then it should be okay right?

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - look+ivys+on
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2005, 11:09:08 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
well....my original plan was to get 4 tickets for me, lizzie, ivy and nicole and the four of us would drive up together.

theoretically, we could still do this.

is there a limit on the number of tickets to the show per "student"?

The other thing is that I assume you'll have to check in to Family Weekend in order to get your ticket.  We should be getting some confirmation letter or email sooner to the date.

so they wont actually mail the tix out?  i guess that makes sense.  the whole "check in" is what freaks me a little.  but if they're not asking for proof that we attend the school (which sounds weird), then it should be okay right?

hmm...it is weird they arent gonna check for proof...maybe the proof is that you were able toget the tickets in the first place??

nicole wants me to register on the site thing...should i wait and see if getting them together would work or still register her?
...I see you now, at the show....
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2005, 11:20:58 am »
another update:
Don't register yet, please stand by.  I might have an easier way.

EDIT:  I'm waiting for an answer, but, I think the best way to go about this is going to be for me to order tickets for everyone coming and then I can pick them up with my student ID.  Then before the show we all can go out to dinner or meet up or something and I will give you the tickets and you pay me back.  You shouldn't be harassed by people at the doors since you'll already have tickets in hand.

Which brings me to this:
I need to know how many people are DEFINATELY (no maybes) DEFINATELY coming so I can change my order ASAP since I have already got one ticket.  I need to know by this friday at noon East Coast time.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2005, 01:52:26 pm »
you can def. count me, brian and liz in...and im waiting to hear back from nicole....
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2005, 07:21:45 am »
unfortunately, it doesn't look like Nicole is going to make it to this one.   damn you Hanson

if you could def. hook Ivy, Liz and myself up with tix, you would absolutlety rule all that is pure and good in this world.   :D

oh...and how is that Comfort Suites up in Buffalo?  it's only like $95 a night which isn't bad.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2005, 09:31:02 am »
unfortunately, it doesn't look like Nicole is going to make it to this one.   damn you Hanson

if you could def. hook Ivy, Liz and myself up with tix, you would absolutlety rule all that is pure and good in this world.   :D

oh...and how is that Comfort Suites up in Buffalo?  it's only like $95 a night which isn't bad.

ok, I will wait to see if anyone else (LIKE GINA!!!!  LET ME KNOW!!!) wants to get a ticket and then I will make the arrangements.  Can you post the address for the Comfort Suites?  Basically anything on Flint Rd, Maple Rd, Sheridan Dr, and Millersport Highway is good.  The University isn't technically in Buffalo so you need to be careful you don't book a room that's downtown.  Look for places in Amherst.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2005, 10:02:58 am »

ok, I will wait to see if anyone else (LIKE GINA!!!!  LET ME KNOW!!!) wants to get a ticket and then I will make the arrangements.  Can you post the address for the Comfort Suites?  Basically anything on Flint Rd, Maple Rd, Sheridan Dr, and Millersport Highway is good.  The University isn't technically in Buffalo so you need to be careful you don't book a room that's downtown.  Look for places in Amherst.

ah...the Comfort Suites is on Dick ( :lol: ) Rd. in Buffalo.

there's a Holiday Inn Express on Dingens St. in Buffalo too.

there's a Comfort Inn University in Amherst, bout 10 mins from the UB.  it's a little more expensive but looks nice.   <---probably the best place to stay.

and yeah...the more peeps the merrier  :D

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2005, 10:04:49 am »

ah...the Comfort Suites is on Dick ( :lol: ) Rd. in Buffalo.

there's a Holiday Inn Express on Dingens St. in Buffalo too.

there's a Comfort Inn University in Amherst, bout 10 mins from the UB.  it's a little more expensive but looks nice.

If you stay anywhere that has a Buffalo address you're going to be in the hood, lol.  The places in Amherst are a little more pricey but worth it.  I suggest the Cortyard Mariott on Sheridan Dr, it's right off Highway 290 and about 5 minutes from Campus.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2005, 10:08:01 am »
If you stay anywhere that has a Buffalo address you're going to be in the hood, lol.  The places in Amherst are a little more pricey but worth it.  I suggest the Cortyard Mariott on Sheridan Dr, it's right off Highway 290 and about 5 minutes from Campus.

just checked the mariott and they dont have any rooms available for Oct 7th.

oh...the Comfort Inn is closer than I thought.  read it wrong.

"Comfort Inn University is located one mile from the Amherst Pepsi Center and the University of Buffalo and approximately 10 miles from Buffalo Niagara International Airport."

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2005, 10:14:33 am »

just checked the mariott and they dont have any rooms available for Oct 7th.

oh...the Comfort Inn is closer than I thought.  read it wrong.

"Comfort Inn University is located one mile from the Amherst Pepsi Center and the University of Buffalo and approximately 10 miles from Buffalo Niagara International Airport."

Crap.  You might have a really hard time because of Family Weekend.  I would house all three of you if I could but I live in a studio apartment and have room for maybe one person.  The University Inn is pretty close, try to get in there or the Hampton in on Maple Road.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2005, 10:16:21 am »
Crap.  You might have a really hard time because of Family Weekend.  I would house all three of you if I could but I live in a studio apartment and have room for maybe one person.  The University Inn is pretty close, try to get in there or the Hampton in on Maple Road.

i suppose I could book the room now...shouldn't be a problem then.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2005, 10:17:50 am »

That would be the best choice rather than waiting.  Let me know if you need to find out anything else.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2005, 10:21:23 am »

That would be the best choice rather than waiting.  Let me know if you need to find out anything else.

will do.  i appreciate all your help  :)

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2005, 10:35:26 am »
done...we'll be at the

Comfort Inn University
1 FLINT ROAD
Amherst, NY 14226

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2005, 11:16:26 am »
thank god...i dont wana stay in ''the hood..." lol thank you sooo much dancern!
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.