Author Topic: Vanessa has written songs with the Matrix  (Read 13372 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Vanessa has written songs with the Matrix
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2005, 06:30:46 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I was also told by 3eb's management that Stephan wrote those songs. But whatever. It doesn't matter, you can believe what you want.

First you say you can recognize SJ's style, then you say you were told by 3eb's management......so which is it?  And what would you expect THEIR management to say, anyway?

I CAN recognize his style. It was later, when someone in 3eb's management was ASKED about it, that it was confirmed. And it wouldn't matter to their management either way. In fact, 3eb fans were irritated by SJ's work on Nessa's album and his lack of commitment to 3eb, so it was really the last thing 3eb fans wanted to hear.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2005, 08:10:25 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
I was also told by 3eb's management that Stephan wrote those songs. But whatever. It doesn't matter, you can believe what you want.

First you say you can recognize SJ's style, then you say you were told by 3eb's management......so which is it?  And what would you expect THEIR management to say, anyway?

I CAN recognize his style. It was later, when someone in 3eb's management was ASKED about it, that it was confirmed. And it wouldn't matter to their management either way. In fact, 3eb fans were irritated by SJ's work on Nessa's album and his lack of commitment to 3eb, so it was really the last thing 3eb fans wanted to hear.

That's interesting.  I had no idea.  I always thought that 3eb WAS Stephan, if you get me.  My impression is that Elektra mishandled Vein(and everyone is bailing from that label, even Metallica).  The stuff I heard on the VC tour was pretty damn good!  

I can understand the fans' sentiments, but SJ is too good a producer to do 100% 3eb.  Perhaps he can return with a fresher perspective after having done Harmonium.

Dan/NS

snickers

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Just a thought...
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2005, 04:21:44 am »
Whose name appears first in the songwriting credits?  That order of appearance matters.  Every artist wants credit for their work. The person most responsible for/with the most impact on the creation of the song comes first, and on down the line.  I always assumed that because Nessa's name came first that she was the principal writer.  Just a thought...but what do I know, really?
-I know you like the way you feel when I play

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Re: Just a thought...
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2005, 05:45:34 am »
Quote from: "snickers"
Whose name appears first in the songwriting credits?  That order of appearance matters.  Every artist wants credit for their work. The person most responsible for/with the most impact on the creation of the song comes first, and on down the line.  I always assumed that because Nessa's name came first that she was the principal writer.  Just a thought...but what do I know, really?

This isn't always true.  All songs written by either John Lennon or Paul McCartney during the Beatles era were always credited to John Lennon and Paul McCartney, in that order, whether or not both had made any contribution to the composition.
Dustin

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2005, 09:40:27 am »
Nessa's name appears first, but Carlton also comes before Jenkins in the alphabet.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Just a thought...
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2005, 07:41:35 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "snickers"

This isn't always true.  All songs written by either John Lennon or Paul McCartney during the Beatles era were always credited to John Lennon and Paul McCartney, in that order, whether or not both had made any contribution to the composition.

Zurielshimon is correct.  Also, look at bands where all members are credited as songwriters(like REM or Van Halen).  Sure, there is a financial incentive, but also there's a value in having everyone in the band get along!

I think people would be surprised if they knew that some of the people listed as songwriters had zilch to do with the song's creation.  Similarly, I have a CD where the primary songwriter was left off entirely!

Dan/NS

William Glast

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 09:36:04 am »
I see you people like to argue about insignificant shit... well 'insignificant' is not the proper term to be used here, more like IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMINE!

However
Harmonium is something c o m p l e t e l y different than Third Eye Blinds 'Third Eye Blind', 'Blue' or 'Out of the Vein'.... especially concidering that these three albums are very similar in terms of style. So there is no need to worry, Harmonium is Vanessas album (with the score of minimum60/40) and let Steven have his taste of artistic glory and commercial failure... if he needs it.
"Life is just a ride" --- Bill Hicks

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2005, 02:07:33 pm »
Quote from: "William Glast"
I see you people like to argue about insignificant shit... well 'insignificant' is not the proper term to be used here, more like IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMINE!

Hmmm...I guess this means that you like to read, and then respond to, insignificant shit?(LOL)  But I agree with you....this thread has gone just a tad off the deep end.  Trying to determine who wrote what is futile.

Ultimately, I don't care.  It's a good album.  Leave it at that.

Dan/NS