Author Topic: The Hurricane Katrina thread  (Read 5437 times)

Dj SG

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 178704000
    • MSN Messenger - djsg15@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Hurricane Katrina thread
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 07:02:11 am »
just makes me angry how bloody political this thread is. no one can be blamed for what happened. its human nature to blame someone else if anything goeas wrong. i dont know if bush is at fault or not, and i dont bloody care. but arguing about this doesnt help anyone. go out there and collect relief goods. help the people instead of sitting on you asses and bickering about bush's rights and wrongs. geeeez
Carpe'Diem

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 07:15:44 pm »
Quote from: "Dj SG"
just makes me angry how bloody political this thread is. no one can be blamed for what happened. its human nature to blame someone else if anything goeas wrong. i dont know if bush is at fault or not, and i dont bloody care. but arguing about this doesnt help anyone. go out there and collect relief goods. help the people instead of sitting on you asses and bickering about bush's rights and wrongs. geeeez

i agree whole heartedly

LimeTwister

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 08:22:07 am »
An article about the storm-torn city by Anne Rice.

Do You Know What It Means to Lose New Orleans?

Quote from: "Anne Rice"
...Then as conditions became unbearable, the looters took to the streets. Windows were smashed, jewelry snatched, stores broken open, water and food and televisions carried out by fierce and uninhibited crowds.

Now the voices grew even louder. How could these thieves loot and pillage in a time of such crisis? How could people shoot one another? Because the faces of those drowning and the faces of those looting were largely black faces, race came into the picture. What kind of people are these, the people of New Orleans, who stay in a city about to be flooded, and then turn on one another?

Well, here's an answer. Thousands didn't leave New Orleans because they couldn't leave. They didn't have the money. They didn't have the vehicles. They didn't have any place to go. They are the poor, black and white, who dwell in any city in great numbers; and they did what they felt they could do - they huddled together in the strongest houses they could find. There was no way to up and leave and check into the nearest Ramada Inn.

What's more, thousands more who could have left stayed behind to help others. They went out in the helicopters and pulled the survivors off rooftops; they went through the flooded streets in their boats trying to gather those they could find. Meanwhile, city officials tried desperately to alleviate the worsening conditions in the Superdome, while makeshift shelters and hotels and hospitals struggled...

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 07:08:00 pm »
donations are EXTREMELY needed.

https://give.redcross.org/?hurricanemasthead

spread the word.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 08:02:15 am »
I wonder when the movie about this will come out.... Kinda sad, but I'm sure there will be one....

James Bond 007

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
However
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 09:06:32 pm »
Quote from: "Dj SG"

No one can be blamed for what happened except for Mother Nature.

However, you can certainly lay blame on agencies/individuals for not responding quickly enough to save more lives. The resignations and reassignments surrounding FEMA show this very thing

the name is Bond, James Bond