Author Topic: Elizabethtown  (Read 3179 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Elizabethtown
« on: October 03, 2005, 03:19:17 am »
The film stars Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst.

Finally Bloom is doing something other the epics.

Hours after a ruinous product debut, suicidal industrial designer Drew Baylor (Bloom) learns of his father's sudden death. As the only son, Drew must travel to their small hometown of Elizabethtown, Kentucky to attend to his father's memorial. On the flight to Kentucky, Drew meets Claire (Dunst), a quick-witted flight attendant, who helps him navigate the rough waters ahead and proves that amazing things happen when you least expect them.

from the previews I've seen, the film looks pretty good.  I don't think Bloom is such a great actor, although he stepped it up in Kingdom of Heaven and looks like he'll put on a good show in this one.

It opens Oct. 14th

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Elizabethtown
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 03:27:21 pm »
They're saying Oscar nods for this... it just looks like a bland RomCom to me. Same with In Her Shoes.... I do like Elizabethtown, the city, though. Romance and Cigarettes is a realy Oscar worthy movie, though.
Joe

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Elizabethtown
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 08:52:57 am »
This show is supposed to be the most music ever put into a show. The guy who does this show also did the flick "Almost Famous" which had a ton of songs. So if this show has more, as stated in Entertainment Weekly it should be a lot.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Elizabethtown
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 09:01:57 am »
You guys should go to the official website and read Claire's America...it's pretty cute.   :D
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Elizabethtown
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 09:30:48 am »
Quote from: "Alecs"
This show is supposed to be the most music ever put into a show. The guy who does this show also did the flick "Almost Famous" which had a ton of songs. So if this show has more, as stated in Entertainment Weekly it should be a lot.

show?  it's a feature film.

but you're right, Cameron Crowe, director of Say Anything, Singles, Jerry Maquire, Almost Famous and Vanilla Sky directed this film.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Elizabethtown
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 07:41:23 am »
This movie screams Garden State to me. A guy looking for himself, music leading the movie, two young kids falling in love... probably trying to be "realistic". I liked Garden State, but the previews for this movie make me wanna kick the screen of my tv in. (not to say that it couldn't turn out to be a good movie)

Kirsten Dunst kinda annoys me now though