Author Topic: Courtney Jaye  (Read 3436 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Courtney Jaye
« on: June 15, 2005, 09:45:25 pm »

I got my new Blender today, and I read this while I was checking out the CD reviews section:

Quote from: "Blender"
Those who have a hard time telling apart Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton will only be further confused by this pretty, earnest ex-hippie-chick.

... so of course I had to check out her music. It is actually alright. I've only heard two songs. One I wasn't that impressed with (Can't Behave, the single) but the other (Mental) I really liked. So we will see if I can get my hands on more tunes what I think of the CD =).

Official Website
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 11:00:01 pm »
*taps foot waiting for his CD to get here*

3-7 days shipping my ass. This is why I hate ordering things online (especially from Best Buy). We're going on day 9  :razz:.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 11:02:02 pm »
People at WOTD were talking about her so I checked her out when she was on Leno or one of those shows. She was okay. Her performance, well she seemed scared. I'd have to hear more.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 11:03:47 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
People at WOTD were talking about her so I checked her out when she was on Leno or one of those shows. She was okay. Her performance, well she seemed scared. I'd have to hear more.

Yeah... I heard the single, didn't like it. I tried the only other song on her site and liked it.. I bought the CD because it was $6.99  :lol:.

... so if I ever get it, we'll see what I think of it.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 11:41:16 am »
I need to start complaining about stuff more  :lol:.

I got my CD today  :).

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 01:54:43 am »
[CD Review]

Yes, I am a post wh0re.

Shhhhh!!!  :dr evil:

goddess

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 07:56:12 am »
i bought courtney jayes cd a few weeks ago. i love her voice and her style. its so rich and calming!!!
la la la song

mellsbells12

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
oh man
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 03:21:39 pm »
shes awesome.  i hear "cant behave" on the radio all the time and i HAD to buy the CD, its a cross between hawaiian and hippy (both of which shes into).

shes awesome personality-wise too on her website, shes really into her fans responses!!

check her out..its well worth it =)

<3 mells

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 01:07:54 pm »
omg... I've been dealing with kinda a hard situation lately. Then I heard the song "Mental" in my car on the radio and it was almost identical to how I feel. So ofcourse I came back and found out who it was! She's awesome!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 07:49:26 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
omg... I've been dealing with kinda a hard situation lately. Then I heard the song "Mental" in my car on the radio and it was almost identical to how I feel. So ofcourse I came back and found out who it was! She's awesome!

I <3 "Mental" ... I'm impressed it is getting radio play.

banet2001

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Courtney Jaye
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 08:13:13 am »
It is nice that "Mental" is getting some airplay. It should be released as a single, but unfortunately Island Records completely blew it for Courtney.  :evil:

Here is a message from Courtney on her message board:

i am sorry to say that after record label issues, i am no longer with island records and there will be no second single...though some stations are currently playing "mental"...
but have no fear, i am in la, writing material and getting ready to make a new record with gary louris of the jayhawks producing...
take care and thanks for the support,
courtney