Author Topic: Sheet music for Vanessa Carlton songs.  (Read 230652 times)

PianoLover24

Sheet music for Vanessa Carlton songs.
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2006, 05:32:13 pm »
Can't wait for Edward!

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2006, 08:56:12 pm »
Oh, God I'm so out of it. I just got a new digital piano! It's amazing. Maybe now I can learn to do better sheet music with it... Anyway, am I supposed to post the songs I've already done here?

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2006, 01:12:38 am »
Quote from: "Pyro"
Oh, God I'm so out of it. I just got a new digital piano! It's amazing.

oh, awesome!! what sort is it?

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2006, 05:34:39 am »
hey guys, I was thinking of getting a keyboard to mess around with, I use to have one when I was young, I even took classes in high school (and sucked, thus the fact I stopped playing lol)  Any brand recommendations?  Nothing too fancy but I wanna be able to learn vanessa songs on it  :oops:

maag

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2006, 12:35:57 pm »
Edward (pdf. and ove. files)

Soon I'll post A thousand miles and All is well.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2006, 01:33:09 pm »
Muchas Gracias maaq  :D

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2006, 03:20:37 pm »
Quote from: "bluebutterfly"
oh, awesome!! what sort is it?
I got a Casio Privia PX-310. It's exactly what I wanted and I got it for a good price too. I only paid $550 for it and I'd say it's just as good as any piano in the 1000-2000 price range. It feels and sounds like a real piano and it's got tons of other great features I haven't completely tried out yet.

Quote from: "Dora"
hey guys, I was thinking of getting a keyboard to mess around with, I use to have one when I was young, I even took classes in high school (and sucked, thus the fact I stopped playing lol)  Any brand recommendations?  Nothing too fancy but I wanna be able to learn vanessa songs on it  :oops:

I'd recommend the Privia because it has everything you'll need if you want to seriously study and can't get an acoustic, and even if you aren't too serious about learning, it's great quality for a pretty low price. Although there are cheaper models out there but from what I've seen the quality is much lower.

Vanessa has a new song called Edward? I really have been out of the loop. EDIT: Oh, I see now. It's a Shannon Thomas song.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2006, 03:26:24 pm »
did anyone make sheet music to Annie? Im really sorry if this has been aked numerous times already.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

PianoLover24

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2006, 04:10:07 pm »
link doesn't work!....i need just the pdf...could someone help?p please

Aaron

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - theycallmeslurpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2006, 05:20:33 pm »
Quote from: "Dora"

I would go with a Yamaha. Although, I think they are a bit pricey..

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2006, 07:52:12 pm »
Dora wrote:
hey guys, I was thinking of getting a keyboard to mess around with, I use to have one when I was young, I even took classes in high school (and sucked, thus the fact I stopped playing lol) Any brand recommendations? Nothing too fancy but I wanna be able to learn vanessa songs on it  

I recently bought a Roland RD-170 which I think is fantastic. It retails at $AUD2,800 though. I would definitely go with a digital piano rather than a keyboard though. I don't like keyboards because I always run out of keys when playing my songs!!! A keyboard is alright for playing Twilight though, lol.Also keyboards don't usually have weighted keys and so the key touch is too light and it makes it harder to play a real acoustic piano. I'd advise against getting something really cheap, as apart from it sounding crap, it's unlikely to be very sophisticated in terms of polyphony, sustain, etc. If you don't have a sustain pedal, you'll run into problems making certain songs sound right. (Eg. songs like "Annie".)
In terms of sound, keyboards and digital pianos make sound when you play the keys because each note has been sampled by a piano sound (or an organ, or whatever sound you're playing with.) Each key must be sampled many times with different touches (eg. lightly playing with a soft touch, or banging on the keys Beethoven style, or inbetween), so when you play, as you don't apply the same amount of pressure to all the notes in a song, the electronic sound will recognize this accordingly. Many cheap keyboards aren't touch sensitive like this, and so if you play loudly, with lots of pressure on the keys, or softly, with not much pressure, the notes will be at the same volume- the only control over volume is the volume switch.

Hope this helps.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2006, 10:21:23 am »
thanks alot!!  see it's not like i'll be performing with it, I'll simply be messing around with it in my room and stuff.  but thanks, it helps :)

PianoLover24

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2006, 03:02:59 pm »
could someone post the PDF of Edward? The link doesn't work....

maag

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2006, 04:48:02 am »
It works perfectly, but I'll upload it in YSI.

Edward (YSI)

PianoLover24

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2006, 11:59:45 am »
still doesn't work...it won't play