Author Topic: Vanessa in Febs Teen Vogue  (Read 12877 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Vanessa in Febs Teen Vogue
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:29:30 pm »
someone pointed it out on the oboard, so i scanned the article for all to see...enjoy

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:44:12 pm »
Cool! 8)   I think I have this out in the car.  They've been sending it to the house for unknown reasons, but February is the last month I'm getting.  I'll check it out on the way home while I'm listening to James Taylor, picking my nose, and spilling food on myself. (That's an inside joke for fans.)
Dustin

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:51:20 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Cool! 8)   I think I have this out in the car.  They've been sending it to the house for unknown reasons, but February is the last month I'm getting.  I'll check it out on the way home while I'm listening to James Taylor, picking my nose, and spilling food on myself. (That's an inside joke for fans.)

come on now.  you totally have a subscription.   :wink:
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 01:09:43 pm »
No, my ladyfriend had a subscription to ym, but when they discontinued that, they replaced the remaining issued with Teen Vogue, but they just kept coming for like a year longer than they should've.  Now, finally, they're telling me this is the last issue.
Dustin

VanessaPiana

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 01:27:59 pm »
I saw this little article this past weekend at Kroger's. While I applaud Vanessa for not being super-thin like all the other stupid Hollywood starlets who lie through their teeth about starving themselves, she sounded a little boastful. 3 lbs. of muscle sure ain't much. So what? But maybe it's her way of telling these starving girls that they're stupid for what they're doing to themselves, and I couldn't agree more.

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 03:10:06 pm »
I don't really understand what she's talking about with the body thing, i mean it's not as if running 40 miles a week would make you morbidly obese...and she DOES look model thin.

*shrugs*

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 06:37:35 pm »
No, she means like really model thin.  She's saying you have to have some meat on your bones or you won't make it.
Dustin

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 08:41:41 pm »
awesome.  thanks for posting. absolutely amazing, wish I could do that.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 08:01:20 pm »
that was awfuly nice of you to do, thanks

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 08:03:27 pm »
ahh...no problem peeps  :)

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 02:07:04 pm »
Quote from: "milla"
I don't really understand what she's talking about with the body thing, i mean it's not as if running 40 miles a week would make you morbidly obese...and she DOES look model thin.

*shrugs*

She doesn't look model-thin to me. Well, at least she actually has some meat on her bones. I guess the camera adds pounds, as usual.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 06:56:33 am »
Then I don't see the benefit of running with a camera.  Wouldn't it slow you down?  I mean, unless you have to take pictures or something... :?
Dustin

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 10:49:52 am »
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"
I saw this little article this past weekend at Kroger's. While I applaud Vanessa for not being super-thin like all the other stupid Hollywood starlets who lie through their teeth about starving themselves, she sounded a little boastful. 3 lbs. of muscle sure ain't much.

In the actual quotes by Vanessa, she was only talking about bulking up.  The statement about the three pounds (which I  :lol: laughed :lol:  at the first time I read it as well) was made by the author of the article.  And, judging by her figure in these pictures, all three of those pounds went into her legs and nowhere else, which, I guess is a considerable amount for just the legs.  Plus, those bulky, uber-muscular thighs and calves she's got for this race definately would not pass in the model industry (unless she was a fitness model).   :)

Vanessa always has had her nose up in the air a little bit when it comes to girls who do exploitive photo shoots for men's magazines or the really Barbie Doll looking types.  It's even evident in her lyrics:  "And she's so pretty, and she's so sure/Maybe I'm more clever than a girl like her/The summer's all in bloom"   -White Houses

"Boastful"  might be a little too strong of a word to describe her though.  I don't know, maybe it's because I prefer girls who look like Vanessa as opposed to Tyra Banks or whatever and I think it's funny when someone like Vanessa looks down at these girls who are famous for no reason other than that they look like something produced by Mattel. :)

Also, you have to think about how many times Vanessa probably got told that she wasn't pretty enough to be a young female musician, especially in the pop scene.  I think Vanessa's first album came out slightly after Michelle Branch's, but they were pretty close together, and that was at a time when the only young females getting the attention in mainstream pop were girls who looked like Britney and Christina and what-not.  I can imagine if that was the case, and Vanessa got told she wasn't pretty enough, that could cause some resentment toward girls who are overly vain.  It could also cause her to be prideful of the fact that she did indeed make it as a popular artist and she didn't have to wear a school girl outfit or roll around in the sand in her first video.

"Boastful," maybe.  But maybe deservedly so. 8)

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 04:06:21 pm »
I remember reading an article talking about an eating disorder of hers that she has, and when I read this article I took it as maybe she dosnt want other girls to go what she went through, of thinking they are fat or whatever. Vanessa deserves to talk about her "rock body"! Shes not super super skinny, and I think shes has the right body, of being a ballet dancer, and a runner, she looks perfect! And its a good role model!
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
Also, you have to think about how many times Vanessa probably got told that she wasn't pretty enough to be a young female musician, especially in the pop scene.  I think Vanessa's first album came out slightly after Michelle Branch's, but they were pretty close together, and that was at a time when the only young females getting the attention in mainstream pop were girls who looked like Britney and Christina and what-not.  I can imagine if that was the case, and Vanessa got told she wasn't pretty enough, that could cause some resentment toward girls who are overly vain.  It could also cause her to be prideful of the fact that she did indeed make it as a popular artist and she didn't have to wear a school girl outfit or roll around in the sand in her first video.

"Boastful," maybe.  But maybe deservedly so. 8)

Vanessa is beautiful to me. A record executive told her so one time [she elaborated on 'Dateline NBC' 3 years ago]. But he wanted her to be a sexpot, and she wasn't havin' that, so 'needless to say, she never got a phone call back'. She didn't specify, but it's likely that he put her under the condition that 'if you want a record deal then you'll have to go to bed with me'. And Van just stated very bluntly that 'I'm not here for that'; she only wanted a record deal, b/c it was all about the music for her.