Poll

PC or Mac

PC
9 (60%)
Mac
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 05, 2006, 10:34:27 pm

Author Topic: PC vs. Mac  (Read 3682 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:34:27 pm »
Okay so I just wanted to know what you all prefer and why?

A PC or a Mac.

I'm all for PC's, I hate Apple, I wont buy any of their products or use them.

PC  8)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 12:43:54 am »
If there was a "both" option, I would have chosen that. As there wasn't, I chose mac. Growing up, I only ever used macs because my dad is a mac enthusiast, and as he does desktop publishing, he uses macs as generally they are more highly regarded for professional applications. However, in some ways I find pcs are easier to use. Also, they are much more convenient, seeing that much of the software on the market is not mac-compatible, for example, many games.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 11:30:58 am »
I find PCs to be more adaptable and intuitive for advanced users.  I've never had a problem with a Mac, either in using it or with it not working right, but it always takes me a little adjustment trying to figure out how to make it do what I want it to do.  But PCs crash and eff up all the time.
Dustin

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 11:36:02 am »
I will always be PC based. The day may come where I have to have a MAC as a secondary machine, but PC is just limitless.

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 03:33:36 pm »
I have to go with the PC as a gamer. Mac is just sorry when it comes to getting ports of games. I mean it took like, years for them to get The Sims >_>;

But, on the other hand, the Mac OS is way more stable than Windows. Love Microsoft, but they have to do something about this. ¬¬
Starbuck is mai waifu

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:34:27 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I find PCs to be more adaptable and intuitive for advanced users.

You only say that because you aren't as familiar with the Mac OS. Much of the source for OS X is available for free for advanced users who want to tweak stuff. Also, the *nix command line is way more flexible than anything available on the NT platform, short of Cygwin.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Manda

• View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 05:37:26 pm »
I've never met a gamer who used a Mac...Someday I want to get an Alienware PC, thats like the best you can get for gaming.

Mac is good for media but to me thats about it.

You can customize a PC and twink it all out however you like.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:43:16 pm »
Alienwares are nice, but you kinda pay more just for the name and the sweet case. Have you seen the new version of the Dell XPS? That bad boy is SICK.
Dual videocards, 24" widescreen monitor, up to 4GB of memory. I think I may be sexually attracted to it. >_>;
Starbuck is mai waifu

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:08:51 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
I've never met a gamer who used a Mac.

I have. Of course, they have a gaming rig for their gaming, but use a Mac as their main machine for everything else.

Someday I want to get an Alienware PC, thats like the best you can get for gaming.

Don't bother. They're way overpriced for what you get. You can do much better by buying parts and putting the machine together yourself.

Mac is good for media but to me thats about it.

I'm typing this from my Powerbook. It has done everything I need for it to do in my personal life and at school, including getting me through a year of coursework in computer science and various engineering classes. I'm not really a gamer, though, so your milage may vary.

You can customize a PC and twink it all out however you like.

What kind of tweaks do you want to do? Ricer casemods? 'Cause pretty much everything else is really doable. Don't like your processor? You can replace it. Macs take the same RAM and hard drives as every other PC out there. The only real issue is that most units don't have PCI slots, but who really uses PCI for much anymore? Most of the cards (modem, NIC, sound) are unnecessary because all that stuff is onboard.

Oh... I suppose the low end macs don't have upgradable video.... but who said people were buying these things for games, anyway?

Manda

• View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:10:16 pm »
I had someone build a PC for me, I get no lag and its oh so fast. :)

I love it, I wish my laptop was the same way. I have a Toshiba Satellite.

PCI isn't that old dude, PCI Express is what a lot of things run off of.

Mac's come with low end processors, so slow.  :roll:

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 10:52:50 pm »
PCI isn't that old dude, PCI Express is what a lot of things run off of.

PCI and PCI Express are two different things. PCI is WAAAAAY slower (and older) than PCI Express and the two aren't exactly interoperable. These days, the only use PCI Express has in a home machine is for a graphics card. But, if you need it for anything else (FC, SCSI, high end NIC), you can get a tower that has the slots you need.

Mac's come with low end processors, so slow.  :roll:

The Intels that are currently shipping are by no means low end. Also, the G5 is no slouch. Depending on the task, it matches AMD and Intel's kit or plain leaves them in the dust. I have no idea where you're getting your information.

Manda

• View Profile
PC vs. Mac
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 11:01:48 pm »
Quote from: "Will"
I have no idea where you're getting your information.

Anti-Mac Users.