Author Topic: latest Vanessa post  (Read 11877 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Re: latest Vanessa post
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 11:32:12 pm »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
Wow.  She says the album is already almost done.  I hope she didn't rush it because of the last one was a disappointment commercially and she wants to get her name back out there quickly.

I LOVED the way she and Stephan put together Harmonium and I'm a little skeptical about the whole Linda Perry thing.

Oh well, hopefully I'm just being paranoid.  But I still wish she would have had Stephan produce this album too.  I guess he's got his own shit to work on though.  He can't be just producing records for his girlfriend all the time :)

SJ is producing her album. Just not the whole thing.
She was in the studio with Third Eye Blind writing some tracks for her new record very recently, and he cowrote PYHOM, The One and Best Behavior.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 11:49:11 pm »
copycat. :P kinda. lol.
Samuel
(he/him)

amberbeads

• View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 07:13:52 am »
lol i didn't feel like reading the whole thread.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 11:32:11 am »
lazyass. :P
Samuel
(he/him)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 11:40:19 am »
I'm glad that SJ has some involvement in this cd. I'm not too worried that this next album will be too commercial pop. Vanessa has always been true to herself and I don't think she would sell herself short by making an album that isn't really what she's about. I'm not a huge fan of Linda Perry either, but I trust Vanessa and I just can't see her coming out with an album that's pop crap. She would know that her true fans would be disappointed. And yes, the majority of the new songs are lovey and a sort of different tone from Harmonium, but compare her new songs to say, any one of Ashlee Simpson's songs. There's no comparison. I think Vanessa's music will always be superior to most of the popular female artists'. I'm sorry if this makes no sense but I kinda have a migraine right now.

On a completely different note about Vanessa's new post, what the heck is a bella donna?

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 12:42:31 pm »
Quote from: "Ms.Arwen"
I'm glad that SJ has some involvement in this cd. I'm not too worried that this next album will be too commercial pop. Vanessa has always been true to herself and I don't think she would sell herself short by making an album that isn't really what she's about. I'm not a huge fan of Linda Perry either, but I trust Vanessa and I just can't see her coming out with an album that's pop crap. She would know that her true fans would be disappointed. And yes, the majority of the new songs are lovey and a sort of different tone from Harmonium, but compare her new songs to say, any one of Ashlee Simpson's songs. There's no comparison. I think Vanessa's music will always be superior to most of the popular female artists'. I'm sorry if this makes no sense but I kinda have a migraine right now.

On a completely different note about Vanessa's new post, what the heck is a bella donna?

Bella Donna is the title of Stevie's first solo album from 1981, the one with "Edge of Seventeen"(Sampled for Bootylicious to you younger ones) and "Leather and Lace" and "Stop Dragging my Heart Around".

Keep in mind how much a song can morph once a producer gets hold of it.  Sometimes a song can really take on a new life, or a different path.  Look at what happned with "She Floats" and "C'est La Vie".  Could anyone have guessed that SJ would gone the White Stripes route with CLV?

SJ did a friggin' world class job last time out....happy he's doing it again.

Dan/NS

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 01:03:43 pm »
Omg, when she said "the back of the bella donna" it sounded like Stevie was riding an elephant or something.  :lol:

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 01:20:45 pm »
I don't know why anyone would be "worried" about ANY Vanessa album.  She's got an amazing understanding of melody & songwriting in general & (for me at least) I'm a "Nessaholic" because SHE NEVER FAILS to impress & inspire me.  I love her style.  And no matter how much she GROWS or changes as an artist, she's never going to stray from that.  She's always going to have Vanessa's voice & Vanessa's thoughts...& that's what I love about her.  Why does everyone claim to be so anti-pop?  Vanessa's music IS pop.  That's not at all a bad thing!  It has nothing to do with the other female artists, like Ashlee or Lindsay.  We all know she's not the same.

All I know is she can't let ME down.  No way.  Never.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

LimeTwister

latest Vanessa post
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 01:41:00 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
I don't know why anyone would be "worried" about ANY Vanessa album.  She's got an amazing understanding of melody & songwriting in general & (for me at least) I'm a "Nessaholic" because SHE NEVER FAILS to impress & inspire me.  I love her style.  And no matter how much she GROWS or changes as an artist, she's never going to stray from that.  She's always going to have Vanessa's voice & Vanessa's thoughts...& that's what I love about her.  Why does everyone claim to be so anti-pop?  Vanessa's music IS pop.  That's not at all a bad thing!  It has nothing to do with the other female artists, like Ashlee or Lindsay.  We all know she's not the same.

i agree.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 02:02:12 pm »
Thank you!!  I'm so glad.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 04:20:31 pm »
She's always going to have V's voice & V's thoughts...& that's what I love about her.

And with less interference from any label; I'm sure that's why the original lyrics for
Ordinary Day have returned to current live performances; its a stand for freedom!

Peace

Aaron

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 06:54:10 pm »
The only way Vanessa could ever let me down is if she completely lost ground of everything that she stands for, started lipsynching, and made out with Britney Spears on tv. But we all know that that is never going to happen.  :)

latest Vanessa post
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 07:08:28 pm »
I don't know why anyone would be "worried" about ANY Vanessa album.  She's got an amazing understanding of melody & songwriting in general & (for me at least) I'm a "Nessaholic" because SHE NEVER FAILS to impress & inspire me.  I love her style.  And no matter how much she GROWS or changes as an artist, she's never going to stray from that.  She's always going to have Vanessa's voice & Vanessa's thoughts...& that's what I love about her. Why does everyone claim to be so anti-pop?  Vanessa's music IS pop. That's not at all a bad thing!  It has nothing to do with the other female artists, like Ashlee or Lindsay.  We all know she's not the same.

I don't want to speak for others, but it didn't seem like anyone was bashing pop or claiming that Vanessa wasn't.  I think some people are a little concerned about Vanessa deviating a tiny bit from her natural artistic inclinations in order to insure that the next album is a commercial success.  It appears that what is fueling this paranoia is that, although all the lyrics are very good, the themes of her new songs have been relatively similar; whereas, Harmonium was soooooo diverse.

I'm pretty sure no one is worried about her turning into Ms. Lohan though. :lol:

I agree with you regarding not killing the chicken before it's hatched.  Vanessa has NEVER done anything but make beautiful music in the past, and none of us should question the next album 'till we've heard it.  When I first posted in this thead, I think I mentioned that I was a little paranoid, but I've decided that I shouldn't have been.  There is no reason I shouldn't trust Vanessa.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 07:43:35 am »
eeeee, new VC soon!! *dies*
Thank you for reading my interesting comment...:P
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

amberbeads

• View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 03:10:59 pm »
Me and Sammy (uncertainterms) get to hear a couple of the new tracks while we're in SF next month... we'll let you know all how they are.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way