Author Topic: Mandy Moore  (Read 54526 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2007, 12:36:21 pm »
this song has actually grown on me a lot.  I like Mandy's version a lot better than Rihanna, but then again i've never really been a fan of Rihanna.  I also love Michael Chaves' harmonies... very very nice cover.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:53 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"
this song has actually grown on me a lot.  I like Mandy's version a lot better than Rihanna, but then again i've never really been a fan of Rihanna.  I also love Michael Chaves' harmonies... very very nice cover.

-katia

totally agree on each of those opinons!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2007, 06:49:49 pm »
there's a girl named marie digby that covered umbrella, too... it's an acoustic version and it's really good. i like mandy's a lot but i think this one is better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=589Mvlz6LWE

in case anyone is interested. :)

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2007, 07:49:14 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"
there's a girl named marie digby that covered umbrella, too... it's an acoustic version and it's really good. i like mandy's a lot but i think this one is better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=589Mvlz6LWE

in case anyone is interested. :)
nice, thanks for sharing that.  she is good.  huge improvement over rihanna :)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2007, 04:27:46 pm »
I'm going to see Joss Stone perform on the outdoor stage for Jimmy Kimmel tomorrow and Mandy is supposed to be a guest on the show so I might go hang out at the back door to try and get a picture with her after Joss finishes her set.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2007, 02:38:41 pm »
Jimmy asked her what was her favorite curse word and Mandy said "I like a nice old fashioned fuck" uncut. It was a priceless moment.  8O

soupdujour

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2007, 03:37:12 pm »
I think Mandy would be more popular if she didn't pretend she was a goody-two shoes.  I mean come on, the girl has slept with more men than Nicole Richie and Amelle Berrabah combined.  Anyway, I think the Marie Digby cover of "Umbrella" is better than Mandy's...but anyway the original Rihanna version is just the best. Rihanna makes the song what it is.

soupdujour

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2007, 03:43:31 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "eclv"
Not sure if this has been posted, Umbrella

I wonder what Rhianna thinks.

I don't know why she would choose to cover such a dumb, let alone current, song...but of course she sings it way better than Rhianna!

It's truly a beautiful song, how can you call it dumb? And so what if its current! I think it's really the most amazing pop single of 2007.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2007, 04:27:18 pm »
Quote from: "soupdujour"
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "eclv"
Not sure if this has been posted, Umbrella

I wonder what Rhianna thinks.

I don't know why she would choose to cover such a dumb, let alone current, song...but of course she sings it way better than Rhianna!

It's truly a beautiful song, how can you call it dumb? And so what if its current! I think it's really the most amazing pop single of 2007.

It's a fine song when anyone else besides Rihanna sings it. Nothing beautiful or amazing, just alright and better in other peoples' hands.
Joe

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2007, 04:42:11 pm »
I apologize for calling "Umbrella" a dumb song...I think it has nice melodic moments, but overall it's just not my thing.  Still, there was no reason for me to say that.  Sorry to all the Rhianna fans.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

soupdujour

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2007, 05:07:13 pm »
Trust me I've always been a bigger fan of Mandy than Rihanna but let's be truthfu here, the day Mandy comes out with a song as good as Umbrella, is the day pigs fly in the Luxembourg sky.

Laura

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2007, 08:42:17 pm »
I think Mandy would be more popular if she didn't pretend she was a goody-two shoes.  I mean come on, the girl has slept with more men than Nicole Richie and Amelle Berrabah combined.  Anyway, I think the Marie Digby cover of "Umbrella" is better than Mandy's...but anyway the original Rihanna version is just the best. Rihanna makes the song what it is.

how would you know how many men Mandy has slept with? sheesh. & who cares anyways, at least she hasn't gone to rehab like every other celebrity these days. I like her "goody-two shoes" image, it's better to have that image than a drugged up pop star image.

anyways...my nutrition teacher is like mandy moore's twin with blonde hair & skinnier, i swear. she sounds exactly the same when she talks too, it freakin distracts me in class lol. do any of you know if anyone named kelly pryor is related to Mandy? shes a personal trainer & has worked in beverly hills so she might be related but I don't know. & when I searched hers & mandy moore's name together in yahoo! search, a site came up with mandy moore & kelly pryor directly listed under each other, that kinda tripped me out http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/106/106689.html but there could be a million mandy moores & kelly pryors so who knows lol

soupdujour

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2007, 09:00:48 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

how would you know how many men Mandy has slept with? sheesh.

Tabloids? Numerous photographs of her with different men? Not saying its a bad thing, but if she's not a saint then she should stop acting like one.  Then she might get off the C-list.

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2007, 10:07:05 pm »
i dont care how many men she slept with but i do hate the way she acts like a saint..it gets annoying... :lol:

Laura

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #194 on: August 30, 2007, 10:37:49 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

how would you know how many men Mandy has slept with? sheesh.

Tabloids? Numerous photographs of her with different men? Not saying its a bad thing, but if she's not a saint then she should stop acting like one.  Then she might get off the C-list.

Yeah like tabloids are sooo reliable  :roll: