Author Topic: I'm "New!"  (Read 4013 times)

thirdmovement

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
I'm "New!"
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:43:37 am »
So...I put the 'new' in quotes because I've been a fan for four years. Don't ask why I haven't joined the boards until now because I'm going to tell you right here. The fact is I'm just lazy, and clearly I can procrastinate for 4 years and still manage to join the boards. I've been reading them periodically anyway...I've just been hiding. Proof: I remember back in 2002 when this nh site was in its baby stages and there used to be an intro to the site with "A Thousand Miles" playing in the background. so there. I'm a half-newbie.

Other than that, hello, my name's tim, and I haven't listened to vanessa in 0 days. "Hi Tim, welcome." (see, little things go on in my head and I type them out like that and they probably don't make any sense to you.) So I'm 18, currently homeless (but hopefully this will change soon), I work at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Denver, where I feel like expendable labor because I AM expendable labor.  But I like money. Ummm...I'm going to college soon, but I'm probably staying in state unless NYU accepted me. and then I'm outta he-ah.

Umm... Vanessa is my favorite band above all others. then I absolutely love Fiona Apple and am moderately obsessed with the Low Millions.  I like Ben Folds and Beethoven too. Beethoven's kinda random there but it's because I took classical piano lessons for 11 years and I've been writing my own songs (voice too) for about a year now.  I'm kinda obsessed with writing music. Probably because I'm so bewildered as to how I can love one of my own songs once it's written, but after a week or two, I begin hating it. And that I think is why I keep writing one after the next. I want to write a song I can always play for myself and be satisfied.

But enough of me! I'm rambling. I hope I get to know some of you on these boards.  I think I come across overly opinionated on message boards and what have you, but I'll try my best not to piss any of you off or, on the flip side, be pissed off by any of you.

Oh and keep in me mind for your street team. I'm on the street team for the Low Millions (all like 5 of us) so I have experience!  and I know all the hot spots in denver/boulder.

OH one more thing! My favorite of V's songs is White Houses, even though I really do love every single one of her songs, even the B-sides.  I'm really looking forward to the new album, I think "All Is Well" would be an awesome title because it'd be fancifully ironic.

Crap! Too bad I typed too much, now no one's going to bother reading it.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I'm "New!"
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 11:44:11 am »
welcome to the boards

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
I'm "New!"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 02:11:52 pm »
Hello, welcome!   :D
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
I'm "New!"
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 03:11:39 pm »
welcome! This is a great place to chat about VC and find out the latest news.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

unsungmelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbrokenxshardx
    • View Profile
    • http://www.icified.livejournal.com/
    • Email
I'm "New!"
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 03:39:19 pm »
Welcome to the forums!

dA - LJ

thirdmovement

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
I'm "New!"
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:56 am »
thanks for the welcomes guys! means a lot.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
I'm "New!"
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 11:31:57 am »
hey, welcome!  glad to have ya.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
I'm "New!"
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 02:44:23 am »
Hey! I look forward to reading your opinions in the threads.  :) Welcome
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON