Author Topic: Vanessa's latest post  (Read 7111 times)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 08:02:06 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
this is probably a dumb idea...but i wonder if she would put something like private radio redone on the album...then release that as the first single?

Not unheard of.  Green Day's last indie album includes the song "Welcome to Paradise".  When they went major-label two years later, the song was included again, a virtually identical, but better-recorded, performance, and it made a hit. 8)
Dustin

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 09:50:13 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
this is probably a dumb idea...but i wonder if she would put something like private radio redone on the album...then release that as the first single?

Not unheard of.  Green Day's last indie album includes the song "Welcome to Paradise".  When they went major-label two years later, the song was included again, a virtually identical, but better-recorded, performance, and it made a hit. 8)

That was most likely done to circumvent buying the master from the other label.  Strange things happen all the time, but it's very rare to have a single from a previous album take off, no matter what the circumstances.
Harmonium has sailed, as they say.  The only example I can think of is Incubus' "Drive".  Of course, I hope for the best!

Dan/NS

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 06:55:36 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Harmonium has sailed, as they say.  The only example I can think of is Incubus' "Drive".  Of course, I hope for the best!
Dan/NS

I made a SIG along that theme also; unfortunately my ships never came in  :oops:

I hope that VC3 is available down under, in spite of a shift to e-distribution  :wink:

Peace

Aaron

brokenbracelet

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cazbatten.cjb.net
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 09:50:44 am »
oooh a new album?  :D

anything to keep me going through my third year of university!
sig courtesy of Nat ;-)

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 01:59:43 pm »
vanessa + wreckers = so exciting!

LimeTwister

Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 02:19:52 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Quote from: "zurielshimon"

That was most likely done to circumvent buying the master from the other label.  Strange things happen all the time, but it's very rare to have a single from a previous album take off, no matter what the circumstances.

Dan/NS

Yeah, and hopefully she will have better songs and all.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 04:10:03 am »
Yeah. Private Radio would have made a good single, but that's the past now. I'm sure her new songs will be just as great, if not better.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

lala

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 06:47:07 am »
releasing an older song is not unknown at all, and i wouldnt mind seeing private radio being re-released. the corrs did this with ''runaway'' and was a massive hit, with it being a minor hit the first time round.

infact if the VC3 does do well, i wouldnt mind see the whole album re-released with the singles (like in europe, australia).. if the record company will get off there arses.

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 08:29:30 pm »
I loved the fact that she still watches lost.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 07:52:33 am »
soo Vanessa did you watch "Lost" night?  :P

Man was it awesome or what o.o

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Vanessa's latest post
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13:00 am »
Quote from: "270691"
releasing an older song is not unknown at all, and i wouldnt mind seeing private radio being re-released. the corrs did this with ''runaway'' and was a massive hit, with it being a minor hit the first time round.

infact if the VC3 does do well, i wouldnt mind see the whole album re-released with the singles (like in europe, australia).. if the record company will get off there arses.

It's true.  Releasing an older track does happen, probably more so on your side of the pond, where it just seems like the tastes run more open-mindedly.  But, I sense a lack of synergy between US A&M and UK Polydor.  I guess they figured if A&M didn't care, why should they?

Dan/NS