Author Topic: Vanessa Quotes  (Read 11751 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 06:16:46 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
are caps really necessary? you're giving me a headache.

we share the same brain.

word.

Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
I KNOW! ITS SUCKS, RIGHT?

you're pretty ridiculous, aren't you.
Samuel
(he/him)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 08:05:49 pm »
Ok, all caps can be annoying but I hope we can continue on with the actual topic of the thread... Out of the quotes in this thread, this one is one of my favourites:

About writing songs: "The way I write is confusing to me. I will sit down at the piano, and it's like a tide. It's very healing. I have no control over how it works. It scares me sometimes. I say things in my songs, I discover things about myself in my songs that I would have never discovered if I had never written the song. It surprises me every time."

I think it's fascinating, and I can relate to it too; I love songwriting. And of course, I love this one: (my sig... maybe that is my favourite.)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

didntwanttobeaBURDEN

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Caps and A Quote
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 01:30:17 pm »
MegJanie implied:
Ok, all caps can be annoying

But au contraire MegJanie, Nessa happened to be very fond of CAPS LOCK herself!
Let me lead you through it:

I had talked to Nessa about having a roadtrip around the Northeast in June 1999, and through a very tough compromise, it happened.

Nessa and I went on a trian and she got the two person deluxe sleeper, while I ended up in the supply closet (this was a part of the compromise).

Anyway, not the point, back to the story:

She and I had talked about how close we'd get by going to New York together, we were going to see RENT on broadway! I did most of the talking and was nastolgic about the olden days when we weren't quite as close as we were now. She had given me this baseball cap a few years back and told me that we would not to start a true friendship until I was ready to give her back the hat.  I really liked it, and was reluctant to give it back, but I agreed, though the proposal confused me. I stood as far away from her as possible until the opportune moment came.

In New York, we saw Times Square and Nessa spotted out the Coca-Cola ad, I watched it for several minutes, but couldnt find Nessa until a few minutes before the play started.

We got into the theatre and Nessa's seats were in the front orchestra, while I was in the back of the mezzanine (another part of the compromise we had made).

About midway through Act One of RENT, I saw Nessa enjoying the play.  Happy in my choice, I was officially ready to give the cap back. So I yelled from the from the mezzanine balcony:

"NESSA! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CAP BACK! I WANT TO BE FRIENDS!!!"

She ignored it, trying to be subtle about our strong friendship.

So I belted out:

"DID YOU HEAR ME? NESSA! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CAP BACK! I WANT TO BE FRIENDS!!!" Immediately after, I threw the cap off of the balcony and it knocked the toupee off of a middle-aged man and he gave me a dirty look.  The security guard kicked both me and Nessa out of the theatre, and that was the end of our roadtrip.

She wrote me a letter:

JULINDA!
YOU ARE SO...I HOPE YOU...TALK TO ME... AGAIN!
-VANESSA

I skipped a few parts of her passionate endearing letter, but essentially the whole letter was in CAPS.

So there you have it: a quote and a little reminiscence regarding Vanessa and her obsession with a caps lock. I hope you enjoyed sharing this moment with me!

Your Loyal Friend,
                                                       Julinda
I know nessa best, im her next-door neighbor!

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 01:49:41 pm »
lol wow.

shinessobright

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - shinessobright
    • AOL Instant Messenger - privateradiogirl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - canyouseemyfirerain
    • View Profile
lol...
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 02:00:59 pm »
that little story just made my day....

did you give her the cap back? and why were you sitting away from each other anyway? its a little weird...but i suppose any time with nessa would be a little weird...is it sad when i say i wish i could be nessa's next door neighbor???
And all the constellations shine down on you and me... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me...

"This is a song about relationships that are condemned either by your family, or by the government..." Vanessa Carlton about Who's to Say

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 08:24:04 pm »
MegJanie implied:
Quote:
Ok, all caps can be annoying

But au contraire MegJanie, Nessa happened to be very fond of CAPS LOCK herself!
Let me lead you through it:

Just to clarify...
I don't actually care whether people write in capitals, lowercase, or whatever. But I understand that some people do find it annoying to read. I simply stated that fact because I wanted to continue a discussion about the topic, not about writing in all caps- a conversation which you will find I did not start.

Oh, and my name is not "MegJanie". Where did you get that from!?
-CONFUCIUS

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 09:19:06 pm »
^ lol
Samuel
(he/him)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006, 01:52:41 pm »
ur just mad cause nessa likes caps...

.....JKJKJK

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 02:14:49 pm »
don't joke about the capital letters..........

:|

hahaha kidding.
Samuel
(he/him)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 10:59:30 pm »
ur just mad cause nessa likes caps...

Now that's just stupid. I said I DON'T ACTUALLY CARE. Can we PLEASE move on? That's all I was trying to do. If you wish to keep talking about it, here's an idea: Start a new thread all about the positives and/or negatives of writing in caps! Or, perhaps you could start a thread in which EVERYTHING can be typed in CAPS! Or even start a poll!
If my sarcasm is too subtle for you to grasp, my point is that it's a boring topic I don't care for- so in this thread let's stick to the ACTUAL topic of this thread, which is, if you have forgotten, the quotes of Vanessa Carlton.

Now please don't post anything else about the stupid caps thing. It's old.

EDIT: ok, it's all over now... no hard feelings...
-CONFUCIUS

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
oh this quote is the BEST by far
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 10:27:09 pm »
"so one day i sat at the piano and I did this thing : *plays the intro to ATM * *crowd cheers**stops* .. "but nobody yelled. And my dog.. her names Maggie and she's a black lab and she's my favorite thing in the whole world.. she started howling and I know that I'm onto something good when my dog barks and she ruins everything... oh and then my mom came in and started howling...*imitates mother* ' VANESSA! THATS A HIT SONG' Anyway... it was called interlude and um.. then it wasn't called interlude then it was called a thousand miles but for all of us whi ah um iuh .. by the way the most fine smelling crowd I've EVER SMELLED... and I smell good too thank you.. It's anna east anna east..um .. this is a thousand fuckin' miles"

She was sooo drunk! but by far, the funniest/best quote in the history of Vanessa Carlton Quotes... you guys need the audio for this one!
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa Quotes
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 11:28:38 pm »
Drunk, eh? Did it affect her playing? I guess she has played that so many times she could play it in any state, lol. Although, I can play the piano (albeit not perfectly) whilst drunk, even if I'm not so good at walking, haha.

Anyway, Nanc77, I noticed that was your first post, so welcome to the forums. :)
-CONFUCIUS

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
well
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 10:54:47 am »
i never post but ive been on here for a while .. bu thanks for welcoimg me